• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure? I didn't see that on CNN.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poker_Slob said:
    Are you sure? I didn't see that on CNN.

Keep looking.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

At this time in the election cycle, October surprise, all kinds of baloney pops up for rapid distribution. I have NO idea if the Comey / Clinton connections is real or not. Were I interested, I would definitely have to verify it before allowing it to influence my thought process.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    At this time in the election cycle, October surprise, all kinds of baloney pops up for rapid distribution. I have NO idea if the Comey / Clinton connections is real or not. Were I interested, I would definitely have to verify it before allowing it to influence my thought process.

And that right there is much of the problem/dilemma... plenty of people have their mind made up, and won't verify any bad reports about their candidate. They just don't care. That, and it's getting harder and harder to verify facts these days.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

FWIW, a little Wikipedia & a little googling verifies each item of this story.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that the "fact checkers" all seem to be biased to the left.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    The problem is that the "fact checkers" all seem to be biased to the left.

No kidding? Hmmmmm... 😛

• Options
    edited October 2020

https://youtu.be/sIH7xUloceI

I know people who are voting for Biden only because Trump is corrupt.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm always amazed when people say, I'm not voting for so and so, cause they are corrupt.

Like there are really any honest politicians.
    Oh yeah, I forgot,, the media says they did this or that, cause we can trust the media.

I sometimes wonder who lies the most, the media or politicians.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Power corrupts. Less power corrupts less.

Silentious Libertarian

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both our senate candidates have been caught in scandals this year.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^ Those we haven't heard about do a better job paying off those who leak/print the stories.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

• Options

I saw a movie where a guy ordered cranberry juice in a bar and was asked if he was on his period, does that count?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

More corporate wokeness. If you bleed from a ****, you're a woman. Biology 101. Tampax, you lose. There's no room for lefty pc nonsense in the real world.

• Options

While back, I bumped onto a scientific study from somewheres in Eastern Europe. They were trying to account for why so many small fish in a certain stream were turning from male to female. The females now outnumbered the males like 9 to 1. Turned out, even those born male would go thru a metamorphosis. Research revealed there was some kinda hormones in birth control pills which do not break down. They got flushed with pee, went thru the water plant, wound up in a lake, hence to a crick, then into this stream, where, even in these diluted amounts, it affected the fish.

Don't ask me for exacts, cause I was so struck by the naked concept that I didn't pay attention to details clothing it.

Anyhoo, the bottom line: After, what, fifty years of worldwide oral contraceptive use, is a similar thing happening to humanity?

Given the rigidly enforced PC ignorance presently strangling academia, it's impossible to imagine anyone carrying on research to discover. But it sounds like a plausible clue.

That and Calhoun's NIMH "Rat Utopia" experiments from the early sixties.

• Options

Are you asking if men are turning into pu**ies? Yes. Started in the 60s, has increased drastically since.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Are you asking if men are turning into pu**ies? Yes. Started in the 60s, has increased drastically since.

Obviously... But why?

• Options

I think the lesbians are behind it.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@ShawnOL said:

Obviously... But why?

It was a slow movement away from disciplining children and having a father in the home.
    In the 70s, you could still get spanked in school. Parents could pop you on the butt.
    You learned not to do things, cause you got your butt beat if you did.
    You learned respect, cause you'd get smacked.
    You could spend the entire day out, as a kid and not be bothered or worried about.
    It was not child abuse, it was discipline and today's society has no idea what discipline is. Kids without direction and discipline end up as adults without direction and discipline.
    The 90s is when it went stupid. Those people who have to protect everyone from themselves had to call in every parent who's child was out alone.
    If they had bruises on them, from being a kid and actually doing things outside, schools would call child welfare on the parents.

Society has given in to the morons and allowed this to happen.
    Today, people are being charged with child neglect for letting their kids walk a block away to a park by themselves.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

This reminds me of that "one" time I got a call from hr. Apparently I'm not a millennial nor a ****; just saying.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost, just another reason not to drink water that hasn't been treated with fermented grain.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Drug company insiders are profiting handsomely from the world’s desperate hope for a COVID-19 vaccine: Insiders at companies developing COVID-19 vaccines and treatments aren’t waiting until they finish the job to collect their reward. Executives, board members, and related investment funds have made fortunes from the rise in their companies' stock prices before a single vaccine has proven safe or a game-changing treatment has been approved.

Since March, these insiders at a dozen companies have sold more than $1.3 billion in stock, up from just $74 million in the same period last year, according to information compiled by Equilar, a data provider based in Redwood City, Calif., and analyzed by the Globe.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably full of nasty/greedy people, and goes beyond what you or I could imagine. But the idea that their stock prices went up and their executives, board members and fund-holders made bookoo bucks is just part of how the market works. The companies had a horse in the race and investors put money on their favorite horses. If anyone thinks that whole shebang needs fixing, it would be interesting to hear how they think it should be done.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Comrade, the State is all and all comes from the State. These capitalist pigdog pharma companies must give to the State so the State is able to give to you. The State knows what is best for you and your money.

Now, excuse me, spasibo. I must meet my "nieces" at my dacha. Go back to work for the glory of the Motherland, Comrade!

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

@peter4jc said:
    It's probably full of nasty/greedy people, and goes beyond what you or I could imagine. But the idea that their stock prices went up and their executives, board members and fund-holders made bookoo bucks is just part of how the market works. The companies had a horse in the race and investors put money on their favorite horses. If anyone thinks that whole shebang needs fixing, it would be interesting to hear how they think it should be done.

I think that the issue at hand is insider trading, which is illegal. Just ask Martha Stewart. Trading stocks is legal as long as you're not using inside information to your advantage.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I'm absolutely sure every single politician and other rich guy out there invested in big pharma at the outset of this. I'm kinda sad I didn't think to do that.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭