Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭

Near the bottom of NYT article it said Trump paid around $24 M to the alternative taxes during this time. I guess the people reporting on this article were to lazy to finish reading the article before they started ranting that he only paid $700 in income taxes. Or...maybe it just wasn't convinient...

Nothing to see here, just keep moving...

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMB

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

AGRICULTURE

Trump requires food aid boxes to come with a letter from him
    “In my 30 years of doing this work, I've never seen something this egregious,” one food bank director said.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

AGRICULTURE

Trump requires food aid boxes to come with a letter from him
    “In my 30 years of doing this work, I've never seen something this egregious,” one food bank director said.

He must not have worked for govt for those 30 years, cause if he had, he'd have seen way more "egregious" acts.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does 10% sugar bread count as healthy?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is 90% not sugar....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except for the starch in the bread that turns to sugar in your mouth.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited October 2020

@Yakster said:
    Except for the starch in the bread that turns to sugar in your mouth.

😉🥰

• Options

I don't want that job.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

don't know which is worse, that it can be hacked or that it exists at all:

https://gizmodo.com/a-security-flaw-could-send-your-****-to-jail-forever-1845286359

• Options

wow, the censor-bot even censors "d i c k" in urls

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

Appears to be legit.There's a bunch of similar available at lockthecock.com.

All's I can say is, if teledildonic devices don't qualify for "you can't make this stuff up", then, WTF.

• Options

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any chance of hearing about this letter on CNN or seeing it smeared all over facebook?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Diver43 said:
    Any chance of hearing about this letter on CNN or seeing it smeared all over facebook?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Edward @silvermouse has been burning through cigars, a few a day, for how many years, and today was his first EPC La Historia. Imagine that.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

lol, I am like you, @peter4jc, frugality demands buying a box of a cigar I am wanting to try.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now Pelosi is going to try to use the 25th Amendment to try to remove Trump. Fat chance!

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    Now Pelosi is going to try to use the 25th Amendment to try to remove Trump. Fat chance!

They are trying to say that they are going on limited information provided by one of his doctors.
    Even if he isn't covered by the HIPAA law, ethically, the physician is bound by certain conduct, which includes not discussing a patient's condition, without their approval.
    Which I really don't see physicians at that level violating that trust.
    Could be wrong, but don't see it.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Agree. Docs must obey the law when it comes to a patient's privacy. It is up to Trump to be honest about his status as a vector to a dangerous disease and how long he knew that status, for the sake of those around him.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can she say he is incapacitated when he is back at work. Just another plan to undo the 2016 election results. The Russian hoax didn't work. impeachment didn't work, now this. I hope people are paying attention.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

The right expects it, the left condones it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Back in the early 20s, FDR fell victim to a fearful & highly contagious disease* from which none recover. A decade later, he became President.

FDR was notorious, even among his lifetime friends and political allies, as a gifted and facile liar. He was an enthusiastic Fascist who admired & befriended Mussolini, even distributing the Italian's handbook among his own cabinet. He led a party comprised of unabashed racists. When the Supreme Court declared so much of FDR's New Deal unconstitutional, he proposed packing the court by adding another justice for each justice over 70. He dragged us into world-wide undeclared war even while running on an anti-war pledge, despite Congress, disgusted with the First World War, prohibiting us from pitching in on the next European conflict. Faced with economic woes, he prolonged them by proliferating ubiquitous ineffective government regulation until the aftermath of war finally bailed us out.

Compare this with Trump: A confirmed tactical liar (wrote a book about it!), under ceaseless virulent attack by outrageous liars and schemers. An enthusiastic anti-fascist who succeeded a de facto fascist and racist, ironically accused of being Fascist and racist. He adds justices only as they retire, while Democrats tacitly propose to pack the court as soon as he is gone. He has labored mightily to drag us out of endless war, and even to reduce costly seventy year old entanglements which are but relics from the last world war, despite determined opposition by both parties in Congress. Faced with economic woe only prolonged by government bailout, he incentivized recovery chiefly by eliminating government regulation.

FDR became an iconic hero when he encouraged our grandfathers: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

Trump overcomes a fearmongered highly contagious disease, only to be villified because he encourages us: "Don't let it dominate your life."

I hate to keep defending this spray-tanned jackass. I would much rather Tulsi were on the ballot. She is not. Dems made sure of that.

But... Truth is truth.

==============

• Nowadays, revisionist medical guys without access to the patient claim he must have had Guillain–Barre. If so, then his condition was probably the result of an infection, but not infectious itself. Who knows.