Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Gotta correct false info when I see it. Left or Right doesn’t matter to me, facts do

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much better, they are still a group of fat ****. I’m not a fan of “do as I say, not as I do.”

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

You’re a cool dude @Trykflyr_1

@Cam_91 said:

Don't tell nobody...

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Cam_91 said:

Isn't everyone in Alaska cool/cold /frozen?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@d_blades said:

@Cam_91 said:

@d_blades said:

@Cam_91 said:

Only from Sep to May.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks mostly organic to me.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez, pillows are now a political statement:

“Absolute Proof”: OAN prefaces MyPillow guy Mike Lindell’s doc with disclaimer
    MyPillow CEO and staunch Trump loyalist Mike Lindell has a new documentary out, pushing his long-debunked lies about former President Donald Trump's loss ...
    Vox.com
    2 hours ago

David Hogg launching pillow company to 'put MyPillow out of business'
    Parkland school shooting survivor and gun control advocate David Hogg plans to launch his own pillow company with the goal of competing against embattled ...
    NBC News
    22 hours ago

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

It's actually a brilliant move by Hogg. Without assuming any motives on his part, he'll have half the country wanting to support him.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Hogg's gonna make a pillow just for biting. He's good at that.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

This should concerning for both sides. But nobody cares because orange man bad. https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/?amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

@CharlieHeis said:
    This should concerning for both sides. But nobody cares because orange man bad. https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/?amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I read that yesterday... surprising that they'll come right out and document that stuff and admit to it, almost boasting about their success. Guess that's how far we've come, that corruption is acceptable now.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@CharlieHeis said:

I read that yesterday... surprising that they'll come right out and document that stuff and admit to it, almost boasting about their success. Guess that's how far we've come, that corruption is acceptable now.

As long as it's the right kind of corruption, corruption that agrees with ME!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

My God, that had to have been written by someone on the far left fringes.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

My, isn't it a Brave New World we live in? ^^^

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what they are saying is, "We mobilized secret groups to make sure the election went the way we think it should, but we did nothing wrong.
    It was only to protect the citizens. "?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

"The ends justify the means." – Niccolò Machiavelli.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

^^so much for logic, understanding, and cultural sensitivity.^^

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    ^^so much for logic, understanding, and cultural sensitivity.^^

So how do they teach any cultural history?
    They gonna start making history books look like a redacted govt document?
    Every other word in the history books will be redacted out? (I almost said blacked out, didn't want to get cancelled)

Evidently, the insanity is picking up momentum.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

At least they're applying their idiocy equally.

Happened in March 2012.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://psyche.co/ideas/pseudophilosophy-encourages-confused-self-indulgent-thinking

"Perhaps due to its aura of academic legitimacy and profundity, obscurantist pseudophilosophy is often used to give credence to dogmatic and bellicose political agendas, both on the Left and on the Right. Beyond that, it encourages confused and self-indulgent thinking in university students, and consumes vast resources that could be put to better use."

@silvermouse said:
    https://psyche.co/ideas/pseudophilosophy-encourages-confused-self-indulgent-thinking

"Perhaps due to its aura of academic legitimacy and profundity, obscurantist pseudophilosophy is often used to give credence to dogmatic and bellicose political agendas, both on the Left and on the Right. Beyond that, it encourages confused and self-indulgent thinking in university students, and consumes vast resources that could be put to better use."

"Usually, the prose is infused with arcane terminology and learned jargon, creating an aura of scholarly profundity. We can call this phenomenon obscurantist pseudophilosophy."

Of which this is itself an example.