Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anejos up at holts

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comes with plume?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Comes with plume?

For sure

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many besides Frank have gotten plumey cigars from Holts? How many have gotten plumey cigars from anywhere else? I've probably ordered as many boxes from Holt's over the years and never had a problem. I just don't get the hate or the boycott. If they have something you want, just order it. I'm not defending them and don't care where anyone buys their sticks, but I just don't get it, is all.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    How many besides Frank have gotten plumey cigars from Holts? How many have gotten plumey cigars from anywhere else? I've probably ordered as many boxes from Holt's over the years and never had a problem. I just don't get the hate or the boycott. If they have something you want, just order it. I'm not defending them and don't care where anyone buys their sticks, but I just don't get it, is all.

@0patience Also got plumey ones. They both happened this year so I just think they have a section of the warehouse with too much humidity right now. It's not like an ethical thing for me, I just don't want to deal with the risk. If they had significant price differences I'd probably take the gamble though.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anejos and many cigars in cedar sleeves have been "plumey" in my experience. I'll still buy cigars in sleeves. But I always remove the sleeve and check for plume.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, it was more about the fact that they didn't apologize or anything and swore it was plume. They acted like I was wrong.
    It wasn't about the mold for me, but their attitude about it.
    The cigars were so soggy, I probably could have rung them out.
    I will never buy from them again.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

I've never had issues, that said they are usually farther down the list of shops for me. Must have missed all the plume talk earlier this year, that sucks

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Either way this is a new shipment since most places have been sold out. Get them before they have a chance to over humidify.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got chickened out at checkout where I had to choose between the options "Plume or Mold".....And it was the same button.

All the same, I got mine elsewhere for the same price.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@0patience said:
    For me, it was more about the fact that they didn't apologize or anything and swore it was plume. They acted like I was wrong.
    It wasn't about the mold for me, but their attitude about it.
    The cigars were so soggy, I probably could have rung them out.
    I will never buy from them again.

My sentiments exactly. I'll take it a step further. After they argued with me for about 10 minutes on the phone how it was plume and what plume was, they finally decided to send me another box. But instead of just sending me another box, they broke the seal, where the first one hadn't been broken. Then you could see where they scraped all the mold off of the cigars from the resent box.

Since I had to send the original box back, I took the 20 moldiest cigars and sent them back to Holt's, keeping the 20 least moldy.

My issue with This retailer isn't the mold. Hell, there's mold in the shop of the street where I go. My issue is that they either don't know the difference between plume and mold, which for a retailer is unforgivable, or they're intentionally lying to customers about it. Either way, I don't feel like going through the hassle for most of the time because their prices are just okay most of the time.

That said, if they have a super deal on something, I'll take the risk. This isn't a lifetime ban. It's more like, a .220 hitter just got caught taking steroids. Do I want to sign that guy? I mean s***, he's a .220 hitter!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good discussion... it's been a long time since I bought from them because, as stated, their prices are pretty meh for the last couple of years. I felt bad for a retailer being blackballed over what I perceived to be a sporadic issue. But after hearing the back-story, it seems the boycotting is warranted. Thanks.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Oneoffs up at sbc

• Options

Forc20 percent off ^

La aroma de cuba on the DD. Thems is goooood....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 AJ's and a Herrera up today

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Mmmmmmm dark knights..... I have 40 of them and I'm thinking about this deal....🤔

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deal number one is good 👍. Good price for Melanio.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attention @Yakster ......Breakfast in Portugal

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Julian, I may have to bite on that one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Ramon Allones on sale at the king @Vision

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    Ramon Allones on sale at the king @Vision

See what you’ve started Frank! LOL

• Options

I got some. Good box price!

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deal number one is awesome tonight! Great price on the Long Live the Kings.

• Options

MOW alert!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two things:

Reconquistas are up

Can't buy them because the page doesn't work.

@TheCigarChick ?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Seemed to work for me. Try now. Did you enroll in the new super elite club?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I tried that. I think I did, anyway. The checkout menu is superimposed over the regular page. Tried restarting, tried running anti-malware programs. No luck. It lets me add or subtract items from the cart, but, no cigar.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain