Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't have much luck with Gordo's.  Y'all need to sell what sells, I get that, but I have more burn problems with 60 rg than any other vitola.  Love lanceros and toros.  Maybe it's my fault, but the big rings seem to burn funny, or swell up, etc.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    might already do this - but try dry-boxing them if you ever come across a gordo that you decide to give a go. should help with the burn and prevent any swelling/cracking. or just keep staying away from them, that works too!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Now today is promising on those sizes!  But I still have a handful of 'O's, though I like them,  and I have a couple Punch that I just never find myself craving.

Those Sobremesa look interesting, but I might need to reign in the interest since I've yet to try them and probably wouldn't go for a box blind.  Oh well.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Sobremesas are legit great cigars. I'm partial to the short Churchill's. I haven't tried the torpedoes. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Now today is promising on those sizes!  But I still have a handful of 'O's, though I like them,  and I have a couple Punch that I just never find myself craving.

Those Sobremesa look interesting, but I might need to reign in the interest since I've yet to try them and probably wouldn't go for a box blind.  Oh well.
    Sobremesa is a good cigar.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The torpedos are good. Short churchills are better, but the torpedos are good.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convinced me, gotta make room in the humi
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Convinced me, gotta make room in the humi
    That was easy. 
  • Options
    I am not like @Sketch6995 with unlimited storage, I have to plan my purchases as storage allows
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    I am not like @Sketch6995 with unlimited storage, I have to plan my purchases as storage allows
    Well that's no fun!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @timb I really don't like you right now.
    Today's daily deal could get me in extreme trouble.

Trying to decide which one and can't decide.
    And if I go for all 3, I might as well just take my blanket out to the dog house. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am there so often Tony, I am seriously considering running cable to it!  :D
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony says, "I'll take what's behind door number one, Monty!"  "And why would that be?" asks our host.  "It's intuitively obvious, Monty... they're the perfectos, my favorite vitola!"
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Ok @timb I really don't like you right now.
    Today's daily deal could get me in extreme trouble.

Trying to decide which one and can't decide.
    And if I go for all 3, I might as well just take my blanket out to the dog house. LOL!
    Check your inbox.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boss lady put me on a buying freeze last night. This porch remodel is taking up my budget.

So I guess I had my decision made for me. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    cbuck said:
    dirtdude said:
    Well that's no fun!
    Digging through the humi for @Wylaff hockey jock prize (Go Predators) I found a couple boxes half full, should be easy to combine and replace the empty box with the Sobremesa. Thats an upgrade, right?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    If the preds keep playing the way they are they've earned it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ROTFL
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Boss lady put me on a buying freeze last night. This porch remodel is taking up my budget.

sounds like you are getting low, just sayin'...
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Tony, I gotta feeling things are gonna work out just fine!  ;)
  • Options
    I'd be tempted by the 20 for $27 SOSA deal of the week of I had the room. Just saying. 

https://www.cigar.com/deal-of-the-week
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I'd be tempted by the 20 for $27 SOSA deal of the week of I had the room. Just saying. 

https://www.cigar.com/deal-of-the-week
    Yah, then you'd smoke two and end up bombing the other 18 out.  $27 plus shipping; plus the postage to bomb them all; you'll spend $50 for the two you smoked and didn't like.  LOL
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    thebeard said:
    Amos - whatcha looking at?  I'll put it up again in a couple weeks just tell me what and when.  Goes for all of you.  Tell me what to put up on Daily Deal.  There's ALOT of red tape when it comes to what I can offer and for how much, so bear with me... but i bet i can make some ppl happy...  and the rest even madder.   :#
    picked up the 1932's today, thanks!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Score!  
  • Options
    ?

• Options
    it's back.  I always wonder what causes those kinds of glitches.

• Options
    Anyone else get the Ave Maria Reconquistas yesterday. The free shipping surprised me. When did that start?
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily deal always has free shipping unless they made changes recently.
  • Options
    Daily deal triggers free shipping on your whole order.