Home Cigar 101

Making own Cigars

Comments

• El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

What has Candela, Criollo 98 and Jalapa wrappers. 1) San Vicente ligero/Corojo 99 viso/T-13 with PA/San Andreas Binders? And 2) Criollo 98 Viso/Condega Viso with a Vuelta Abajo binder? And 3) Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero/Condega Viso/Cibao Corojo Viso with a mata fina binder?
    That's easy. Medusa.
    The real question is, which wrappers wrap which filler combos?

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

@El_Fumador you continue to amaze.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I showed my daughter and she was quite impressed.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited May 2020

edited May 2020

This shows the construction of mixed filler from left to right. mata fina, pa, corojo seco, medium scrap from recent long filler offering and corojo seco. It gets stacked, then folded in its self, rolled up and then molded. nic rosada wrapper. One shown finished.

All from https:/ /wholeleaftobacco.com/

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Have any of you guys broke down a cheaper Cuban and made a blend from it?

Thought about experimenting with changing the wrappers on some.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@deadman said:

I-forget-who once sent me a batch of old gars to re-wrap. No idea whether they were what you call cheaper, cause I did not buy them. Way I remember it, all the guts seemed to have been permanently crinklated into place by their long cylindrical ensemble repose. I don't think you'd have much success trying to dis-assemble those bits of leaf and flatten them out again so's you could properly roll them again.

'Sides, what'd would be the point?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@deadman said:

I-forget-who once sent me a batch of old gars to re-wrap. No idea whether they were what you call cheaper, cause I did not buy them. Way I remember it, all the guts seemed to have been permanently crinklated into place by their long cylindrical ensemble repose. I don't think you'd have much success trying to dis-assemble those bits of leaf and flatten them out again so's you could properly roll them again.

'Sides, what'd would be the point?

That’s why I figured changing the wrapper would be realistic.

Why- a Cuban with a Cameroon wrapper or Brazilian. Nicaraguan rosado or Pennsylvania broadleaf. Makes my mouth water at the possibilities

New Olor wrapper ROTT.

Can smell it from here.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still have a couple pounds of cameroon I need to use up at some point. :)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

@El_Fumador , do have a mould that shape or just freehand them?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

These are freehand. Maybe not? I use paper strips to hold it before the wrapper goes on.

Golden Hair with a Criollo core, bound in Ecuadorian viso, wrapped in CT shade

Outstanding box

The fifth spacer was in need of sizing causing all to the right to shift. all got reset. I don't think it had been together before. $38

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this thread. Makes me want to give it a shot. Im afraid of how hgly or unsmokeable my first few (hundred) sticks might be.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

@Gray4lines that gar looks like schmidt! Send me some nachos & I'll send you better lookin.