Home Cigar 101

Making own Cigars

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show us the mold you use for that little corn dog. He's a cutie.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you all want to see more pix of this mold?

httpsfairtradetobaccocomproxyphpimagehttps3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FBZxERvwjpghasha7c7065be846b2fa8e956c9756df593f

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see it
    Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be plume.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited November 2019
    Four inch sixty ring!
    That is a plump little pig!

What's the advantages to smoking short fat & round ended?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% off site-wide sale at Leaf Only - Next 4 days.
    (premium shade wrapper is on my list)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

httpsiimgurcom6UFBp2ajpg

52 X 4.8 & 60 X 4

from the center, 1 Criollo 98 Viso,  1/2 Corojo 99 Viso , 1/2 Criollo 98 Seco fillers. 1/2 Corojo 99 Seco  binders with, Criollo 98 Wrappers.

httpsiimgurcomr9AY5yvjpg

httpsiimgurcomVQzHE1yjpg

60 X 4

from the center, 1 Criollo 98 Viso, 1/2 Condega Viso 1/2 Corojo 99 Viso , 1/2 Criollo 98 Seco fillers. PA and 1/2 Corojo 99 Seco  binders with, Criollo 98 and Jalapa Rosado Wrappers.

httpsiimgurcom1tT687Mjpg

Is that Jalapa Rosado the same as used to be called Nic Rosado?

I like calling it Jalapa instead of Nic and yes.
    So like this:

Great aroma, the stuff I got years ago.
    I found that using quadruple layer Indo wrapper as binder really mellowed the flavor of it.
    Gotta love the color

All I see is the ashtray

Yakster said:
    All I see is the ashtray

It's a gem.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ no caps?  So no need to cut before smoking?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    So then here's a really dumb question. Why ever cap a cigar? Especially if you are just going to straight cut it anyways. In theory, leaving a cigar without a cap negates the need for a cutter, allows moisture levels to more quickly regulate with a more free airflow, would prevent you from **** one up like I did today, and the cap is just getting thrown out anyways.
    Don't look ↑
    1. Wrappers are placed on the cigar from foot to head, the cap prevents that from unraveling the opposite direction.
    2. Helps denote which end is the head. This is important since all leaves are placed in the cigar facing the same direction. The tobacco at the foot is mostly comprised of the tips or outermost end of the leaf. This area is where the tobacco has the richest flavor, which makes sense that the less desirable tobacco ends up in the head where one stops smoking the cigar. So the cap signifies where your mouth goes and which end you torch.

Obviously #2 was written by someone without a nubber  B)
    Don't look ↑
    Obviously #2 was written by someone without a nubber  B)

Yeah, #2 is not obvious until you factor in sucking the flavory oily goodness from the end to the head as you smoke along. Time you get to the head, it's stronger than it started.  

#1 is the real key... But it's not so much the cap as it is the flag which keeps the head together while you chomp and suck at it for an hour and a half. An un-flagged head, such as this rough & ready Steampunk, will tend to unravel. It's true. The whole head-glue job on the truncated parejo comes down to one pointy-ended bit of wrapper. Almost guaranteed to peel up a bit.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank, technically it is still the end where you stop smoking the cigar with our without the use of a nubber.  
    Pretty little plumpers, Marc