Home Cigar 101
Options

Making own Cigars

Comments

• Options
    El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

52 X 4 7/8

from the center, 1 Criollo 98 Viso, T-13 , fillers. 1/2 Corojo 99 Seco and 1/6 PA binders with Jalapa Rosado Wrappers.

httpsiimgurcom5bT1Pojjpg

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tight
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

4 X 60
    from the center, 1 Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero, 1 Condega Viso, 1/2 Criollo 98 Seco fillers. PA binders with, Jalapa Rosado Wrappers.

• Options

4 X 60

from the center, 1 Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero, 1 Condega Viso, 1/2 Criollo 98 Seco fillers. Corojo 99 Seco binders with, Criollo 98 and Jalapa Rosado Wrappers.

https://i.imgur.com/Un8Mdqw.jpg

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Vienna sausages never looked so yummy.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

How have I missed this thread! This is great !

• Options

4 X 60

from the center, 1/2 Cibao Vuelta Abajo Ligero, 1 Criollo 98 Viso, 1/2 Cibao Valley Corojo Viso 1/2 Criollo 98 Seco, fillers. 1/2 Corojo 99 Seco binders with Criollo 98 Wrappers.

https://i.imgur.com/yM3fdld.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2020

@El_Fumador

Beautiful work.

Try adding a ![]( before your link and a "") after the link (starting with a space) and your images should post fine. Like this.

![](https://i.imgur.com/yM3fdld.jpg "")

Also, pasting the image link in the Image URL should work, but not always it seems. If you do this and don't see the codes added, try a second time before manually adding the codes and it may work.

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus... did you make that thing ? That has gotta be tough to roll

• Options

Yep. Peace of cake. It's a Culebra cigar. Three 38 X 7 (lancero) with criollo, corojo and rosado wrappers then braided while still wet and tied. Peace of cake.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you microwave them?

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Do you microwave them?

Of course not.

Your gar will burn just fine if you spark it right off the table. It just won't be so mellow as it would become once it has aged. If you feel that you have to nuke it, then you have rolled it too wet. Yes, it will go ucky in a day or two, especially if you have rolled it too wet. Six weeks later, your gar is way mellower, whether it was rolled wet or with leaves in proper condition, as the leaves do need time to learn to play nice together. Six months later, it is in primo condition.

How is Vegas, Frank? All shut down?

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah brother all shut down. Pretty eerie and weird really

I've been reading a lot about this rolling business. It would be a total pain for me to do here with 20% humidity all the time. Not impossible, but a pain.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Yeah brother all shut down. Pretty eerie and weird really

I've been reading a lot about this rolling business. It would be a total pain for me to do here with 20% humidity all the time. Not impossible, but a pain.

True. But the BOTL rolling forum includes fellers from Alaska to Phoenix to Asscrackistan... so it's gotta be do-able.

• Options

• Options

I am a bird lover. Birds are living jewels, the way that they are made. Two ounce creatures with sixteen pounds of smart and sixty pounds of pure intrepid courage. Anyone who has kept a bird knows how they love to flit past your ears, from time to time, as tho bragging see what they can do that you can't... "Come on up! The air is fine!"

Anyhoo, so I laid out this 20" half-leaf of FX Smith CT shade in preparation for wrapping a perfecto delicado:

just as Robin the budgie came flitting round my head, so that the mere wind of her tiny wings folded the leaf over, far as the chaveta would allow:

I mean, I am flabbergasted how a leaf so delicate can even hold itself up on the stem. 20" long and that light, even dampened.
    Amazing.

• Options

• Options

Some idolos (4 X 55) some flying pigs (4 X 60) and a salomon (7 X 64)

• Options

I was hoping that this shelter-in-place would give me the time to try my hand at this, but I've been working longer hours now working from home than before.

On the plus side, my Wife had me buy two large ultrasonic humidifiers and I plan on utilizing one when I do get a change to try this out.

• Options