Home Cigar 101

Making own Cigars

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    @Gray4lines that gar looks like schmidt! Send me some nachos & I'll send you better lookin.

Hahahaha, it was the ugly one of the bunch. Enjoyed them all!

I have smoke some of the exotic smokey/ fire cured cigars like DE's KFC and the AJ spectre (i think has latakia), always thought these were way better and I still believe that. These were just good cigars. No gimmick.

Hey, thank you very much for the offer! I couldnt, but I may hit you up for rolling advice.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

@webmost said:
    @Gray4lines that gar looks like schmidt! Send me some nachos & I'll send you better lookin.

Hahahaha, it was the ugly one of the bunch. Enjoyed them all!

I have smoke some of the exotic smokey/ fire cured cigars like DE's KFC and the AJ spectre (i think has latakia), always thought these were way better and I still believe that. These were just good cigars. No gimmick.

Hey, thank you very much for the offer! I couldnt, but I may hit you up for rolling advice.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC, the KY fire cured impressed me as a wonderful smell with an acrid taste.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• El_FumadorEl_Fumador Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

I resent not saying Recent. feel free to moderate.

tobacco, roll with it.  Marc L

@webmost beautiful

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made yet another attempt with the awesome press that @First_Warrior gave me, and rolled some nice cigars. The blend is a Nico/Dom with Esteli seco and Dominican T-13 viso and the binder and wrapper are criollo '98. I'm looking forward to seeing if they smoke well in a few months, but they don't look the best (better than the last run though).

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

You can smoke one right off the table and it will taste pretty close to the final outcome. ... Just don't wait two or three days before you tst.

Let's see a pic.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Looks good enough to schmoke.

That looks right. Nice! 

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you are find a use for that press.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Glad you are find a use for that press.

Definitely! I seasoned it with grapeseed oil a few months back, and it is looking great. I've almost nailed my blend amounts to get a good roll, but on this last batch I cut a few too short and I have to remember to run them a tad long and cut them off after I close the press. It's definitely a challenge, but I like a good challenge. :)

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

from the center; cv black, pa ligero/viso, nic 14 and 15 fillers va binder. olor wrapper.

Sweet lookin lil chubbies!

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    A quickie rolled today, to test a new blend:

One leaf Honduran viso at the core
    Surrounded by three Dominican T-13 viso
    Bound with Dominican seco
    Wrapped in FX Smith's CT shade

Definitely not your first rodeo. Beautifully done!

from the center; cv black, peru ligero/seo fillers. pa and va binders. cameroon and olor wrappers.

@El_Fumador said:

Absolutely awesome. When you are rolling shapes like that, do you stick with it for a while? Or just on a perfecto rolling streak? Or do you rotate between a few vitolas?

@Gray4lines said:
    Absolutely awesome. When you are rolling shapes like that, do you stick with it for a while? Or just on a perfecto rolling streak? Or do you rotate between a few vitolas?

It does take some practice. Even when returning to a vitola. I like to leave the wrong ones to return to them after I get one right thought, finding the comfort in any vitola is my most valued investment. It has been a long time since I've had burn or draw problems because of that.

from the center; ASPNL, lCVPDOL, Dominican Viso, PDGHS fillers. PDGHS binders. NHC18 wrapper.

@El_Fumador said:
    ASPNL, lCVPDOL, Dominican Viso, PDGHS fillers. PDGHS binders. NHC18 wrapper.

The American Association Against the Abuse of Acronyms is TBE.

edited September 2020

1/2 Pelo de Oro seco
    4 Pelo de Oro viso
    double Dom binder
    a mystery wrapper which I reckon to prolly be Mata Fina

• VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do any of you guys sell samplers or just for personal consumption?