Home General Discussion
Options

Ye Olde CI Daily Banter

Comments

• Options
    Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your comment will appear after it is approved ..... Keeps popping up here. 
  • Options
    Oyam123 said:
    I think it has something to do with responding to a post that has @ then a name.
  • Options
    kckasperkckasper Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    Oyam123 said:
    I think it has something to do with responding to a post that has @ then a name.
    @Oyam123 -----I never got that "after it is approved" message.  The @ thing works most of the time, guess I'll just keep experimenting here. 
  • Options
    2hand2hand Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    @cigarbreath~~~ fruitless search high and low for your old avi.  Thanks CI for the warning.
    If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
  • Options
    Not many c.com regulars joining in tonight. Guess they tired of us already. Anyone check out the other threads here?
  • Options
    cigarbreathcigarbreath Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭
    kckasper said:
    Not many c.com regulars joining in tonight. Guess they tired of us already. Anyone check out the other threads here?
    Guess the new wore off.
  • Options
    kckasper said:
    No.
  • Options
    2hand2hand Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    kckasper said:

Just looked at what ya smokin tonight.  Some nice choices.  Think the regulars bounce all over.  Guess we've been vetted enough.
    If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
  • Options
    A very well aged Don Pepin Garcia Blue Original.  Classic DP pepper, spice, and hearty tobacco flavors.
    Damn, this thing is GOOD.
  • Options
    2hand said:
    kckasper said:

Just looked at what ya smokin tonight.  Some nice choices.  Think the regulars bounce all over.  Guess we've been vetted enough.
    @2hand -----Just checked it out.  No discussion, no opinions, no recommendations, pretty much just cigar photos.  Checked out a few others threads, think I'll just stay here.   
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Look, it's emerging from it's burrow!
  • Options
    A very well aged Don Pepin Garcia Blue Original.  Classic DP pepper, spice, and hearty tobacco flavors.
    Damn, this thing is GOOD.
    All sweetness and light!
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Cat didn't finish burying it.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    Look, it's emerging from it's burrow!
    @cigarbreath------Or possibly trying to tunnel it's way back in. Just sayin'. 
  • Options
    variant2 said:
    Cat didn't finish burying it.
    Oh…
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you folks settling in? There is a member looking for a mooch here

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/207/cigar-com-pay-it-forward#latest

If you volunteer to be his mooch he will send you a  package of smokes, then you send a pack on to he next mooch. 

Hope you are finding the site to your liking
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:

If you volunteer to be his mooch he will send you a  package of smokes, then you send a pack on to he next mooch. 

@dirtdude -----Settling in quite nicely here. Most of us refugees like this place, maybe a new home for most of us. Trying to get a few other really good BOTL to join in here.  Thanks for the info. We've had some mooches on the old CI site, so we are well aware, but being new here, any insight is appreciated. Thanks!     
  • Options
    dirtdude said:

@dirtdude -----Oh, and btw, judging from your avi, do you ride? 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Wtf is an avi?

As for the what ya smoking tonight thread, it is pretty much pics.
    The review sections is mostly where any discussions of the actual cigar are.
    You all should explore a bit, unless you're skeered.  :o
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oyam123 said:
    Oyam123 said:
    I haven't figured it out, but it does seem to have something to do with mentioning someone with the @ before their name.  I half-way suspect that it applies to new members because it seems random, I can usually mention people but then blammo I get the message pending approval message.  

If you're typing a really long message, it can pay to copy your message to your clipboard before posting just in case, I've never seen one of my messages be approved later.

@0patience I think Avi means Avatar, near as I can figure.

CI Crew, yeah not a whole lot of new reviews on this site, but lots of photos of what we're smoking.  You guys missed all the politics before the innaguration, was pretty hot and heavy discussions.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta wonder who's bright idea it was to transition to bookface. Kinda weird thinking everyone is signed up for that site. Oh well, It will be nice having everyone in one place anyway. Most of us have straddled both for some time now. Good to see some of the vets have made the transition. 
  • Options
    glasskenglassken Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Gotta wonder who's bright idea it was to transition to bookface. Kinda weird thinking everyone is signed up for that site. Oh well, It will be nice having everyone in one place anyway. Most of us have straddled both for some time now. Good to see some of the vets have made the transition. 
    Howdy, 007! 

"I Only Smoke Cubans'"--Bam!!!! "I only punch condescending pri cks!"

• Options
    kckasper said:
    2hand said:
    kckasper said:

@2hand -----Just checked it out.  No discussion, no opinions, no recommendations, pretty much just cigar photos.  Checked out a few others threads, think I'll just stay here.   
    The "Bum of the Week" is pretty funking Awesome!

• Options
    Yakster said:
    Oyam123 said:
    Oyam123 said:
    I haven't figured it out, but it does seem to have something to do with mentioning someone with the @ before their name.  I half-way suspect that it applies to new members because it seems random, I can usually mention people but then blammo I get the message pending approval message.  

If you're typing a really long message, it can pay to copy your message to your clipboard before posting just in case, I've never seen one of my messages be approved later.

@0patience I think Avi means Avatar, near as I can figure.

CI Crew, yeah not a whole lot of new reviews on this site, but lots of photos of what we're smoking.  You guys missed all the politics before the innaguration, was pretty hot and heavy discussions.
    I think you are right about new members. My post all work, but I have been a member since 2009.

• Options
    kckasper said:
    dirtdude said:

@dirtdude -----Settling in quite nicely here. Most of us refugees like this place, maybe a new home for most of us. Trying to get a few other really good BOTL to join in here.  Thanks for the info. We've had some mooches on the old CI site, so we are well aware, but being new here, any insight is appreciated. Thanks!     

KC, this seems to be an organized mooch. The ones we had would set a trade then after you sent them your tracking number they would fall off the map or cry about having to smoke Kools and how the dog ate the package they were sending (and it was always full of Opus and Cubans).
  • Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pay it forward/ mooch has been a fun way to swap some good seegars with some great BOTL. We usually require that the mooch be on the Good a Trader list, as in completed a trade with no headaches. 
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    The pay it forward/ mooch has been a fun way to swap some good seegars with some great BOTL. We usually require that the mooch be on the Good a Trader list, as in completed a trade with no headaches. 
    I'm up for some trades. Just tell me how to proceed? I'll send first, and no need to hit back until you receive. Or, just keep and smoke! What have you been wanting to try, but haven't found? I have a pretty good stash.

• Options
    glassken said:
    I'm up for some trades. Just tell me how to proceed? I'll send first, and no need to hit back until you receive. Or, just keep and smoke! What have you been wanting to try, but haven't found? I have a pretty good stash.

OK Ken, I am game! I got a few new to you.;-)