Home Non Cigar Related

Coffee

1282930313234»

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7

I think @TomC has one of these, he hasn't been around much lately, hasn't even had a cigar since Christmas. :o

You could also check out some threads on Home-Barista.

https://www.home-barista.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Cormorant+&terms=all&author=&submit=Search&t=0&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300

It looks like the last two Cormorant's that sold on H-B went for $1600 and $1800.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

looking forward to you review after you have used it for a while. Is the carafe glass or steel?

It has a double-wall steel carafe that has a wide opening under the lid to make it easy to clean. (the walls are straight sided and not tapered)

I did three brews today with the La Cabra Rigoberto Sanchez coffee. This morning I brewed a 6 cup pot which worked out to be about 930 ml of water using the guided profile for this coffee which came with the brewer. The Aiden told me to add about 56 grams of coffee, the brew time including all the La Cabra profile bloom and pulse cycles took a bit over 9 minutes and drew the 930 ml of water from the reservoir. The kids were over to do some laundry (their washing machine is broken) and go to breakfast and I found that I hadn't brewed quite enough coffee so I switched to the single basket and brewed two cups with 18 grams of coffee which took a bit over five minutes using the guided profile.

The coffee was sweet and flavorful, even using the higher brew ratio (less coffee) than I normally use. Pretty happy with the results.

After breakfast, we came back to the house so that they could finish laundry and we started playing Unsolved Case Files so I decided to try out the cold brew recipe with the La Cabra coffee in the Aiden. this profile uses cold water an a lot of pulses over about 90 minutes to brew the coffee. The cold brew was as good as I've gotten from my Bruer drip cold brew coffee maker that takes much longer, but I'm just not a big cold brew fan; it always seems to have a cold brew funk taste to it.

I still need to find out how long the carafe keeps my coffee hot and settle on a daily routine to brew coffee in the morning.

I was able to connect with the Aiden with the app via Bluetooth and get it connected to my WiFi which updates the clock automatically. The features of the app right now are pretty limited, letting you add your device and view the serial number, check for firmware updates, and register your device but everything else is controlled on the brewer. You can also view and delete the profile data stored on the device and the cloud through the account settings.

I ended up re-arranging my coffee corner.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, How does it measure the water? Does it gauge the amount of water-- the quantity of water that flows to the basket or the weight of brewed coffee in the carafe? Doesn't matter, just curious.

The Aiden does not have a scale to weigh the basket so they must be using a flowmeter or peristaltic pump to measure the volume of water taken up. I haven't checked how accurate the water dosing is yet.