Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Winter storm Harper on the way out. About 16”. Wind and bitter cold to follow.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Marty was trying to depict what it looked like here on Saturday, and by the looks of it, in many places.  You know, the picture of a farmer milking his cow in a snowstorm - all you see is white.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Actually, I was trying to post a YouTube link regarding some amusing winter scenes. The problem is that the link I copied and pasted began at the end of the video I was hoping to let you guys see rather than the beginning. 

I got got frustrated trying to make it happen and finally said “fvck it” and deleted the whole thing. Unfortunately, once I had posted the original attempt, I couldn’t get rid of the whole thing - I could only delete everything I had typed. So, all that was left was a blank page that I couldn’t make go away. 

I like your description better, though, Peter.....
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    jlmarta said:
    Actually, I was trying to post a YouTube link regarding some amusing winter scenes. The problem is that the link I copied and pasted began at the end of the video I was hoping to let you guys see rather than the beginning. 

I got got frustrated trying to make it happen and finally said “fvck it” and deleted the whole thing. Unfortunately, once I had posted the original attempt, I couldn’t get rid of the whole thing - I could only delete everything I had typed. So, all that was left was a blank page that I couldn’t make go away. 
    Technology 😂 got to love it
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    23 out now and the wind had been howling all day, wind chills of -20 tonight.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 at Pittsburgh. Snowing again. 
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 degrees and wind this AM. Snow but only a dusting. Breaking out my down parka and boots for the trip up the hill to my studios wood stove.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood stove cranking, house up to 57°, winter has arrived. Hope the pipes in the studio are OK, Rodger. We just gave up on keeping the shop water pipes from freezing years ago, just shut them down and drain them, beats inching through the crawlspace to repair them in the spring. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friggin Cold!!!!!!!! 17 out now with below zero wind chills.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently -1 and I am sitting on a side road with a flat tire waiting on a tow truck. I would get out and change it but it is to cold and my tow is covered by insurance. Just wishing I had grabbed a smoke on the way out this morning.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks. I keep a cob pipe and a pouch of tobacco in the car just in case.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys and your snow. It actually did not rain today. I like snow, lots of snow. The only creature here who likes all the mud is Winston the abandoned miniature porker we took in.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    72 here in So Cal. Going to be a beautiful weekend!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in NC and 36 degrees. That’s about 10 degrees warmer than the best daytime high I experienced in Ohio. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cold.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    36 this morning when I hit the gym but turned into 68 and sunshine this afternoon. California winters are great but we surely pay for it

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ground covered in a thin layer of snow. It is BS snow. Cold very cold.
  • Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -2*F here...expecting 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow thru Monday.
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just woke up from my 12 hour weekend slumber, feels so nice. My weather currently is 66 degrees and no chance of precipitation here in my study. Outside is very cold, no idea how cold but probably in the teens with no snow apparently because I can hear a car driving past, sounds like a clean road with no crunching. ;)
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -12 on the way to work, today.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    I hear Jayden’s on the way. Better bundle up back there.... :o
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wet but temp is back to 70
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    45 today and clear. 18 tonight and snow moving in on Tuesday. Back in the single digits at night for the next few days. 
  • Options
    Snow has started here...still expecting 6-10” by tomorrow.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    #f**kminnesota :D

Got my hour of cardio in shoveling this morning before work. Wonder if I'll miss this once we are relocated to AZ or NM in a few years? Somehow I doubt I will...

#f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willy_MN said:
    #f**kminnesota :D

Got my hour of cardio in shoveling this morning before work. Wonder if I'll miss this once we are relocated to AZ or NM in a few years? Somehow I doubt I will...

Moved to NM 15 years ago from Chicago.
    I miss my friends and family, but haven't had to shovel or deal with sub zero temps.
    You won't miss it.  B)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll miss the craft beer selection.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )