Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want a morning cigar...

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    62 & raining. Now that's NJ for ya.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raining all day, the parking lots are mud. Fortunately we close the shop for the season tomorrow.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currentl raining in the backyard (love my screened in patio!). But a calm and dry 68 degrees in the front yard! Welcome to Florida lol
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Currentl raining in the backyard (love my screened in patio!). But a calm and dry 68 degrees in the front yard! Welcome to Florida lol
    You sure you haven't been drinking and forgot you left the sprinkler on out back. LOL
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    54 here, dried out, slight breeze. Damn leafs keep droppin.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our weather report. Accurate so far.
    We officially got 11.5 inches. They were spot on.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Charlie, but as they say, better you than me.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got zero inches of snow and it's currently at 77 with a high of 83 today
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49 here, dry, gloomy, breeze/wind out of the North...and damn 🍂 keep falling.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 this morning, expected high of 27.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    California winter

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know what is happening......there is a bright light in the sky and all the animals are playing....it feels good whatever it is....
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    52 today and forecast for 16 tomorrow night. Long john weather coming up.  

• Options

NWS Winter Storm Warning (Avery County)

HIDE
    Winter Storm Warning issued January 12 at 4:00AM EST until January 13 at 7:00PM EST by NWS Greenville-Spartanburg

...HEAVY WINTRY MIX AND SIGNIFICANT ICE EXPECTED TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY... .A low pressure system moving from the Mississippi River Valley to the southern Appalachians tonight will spread wintry precipitation across the region tonight into Sunday. A mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain will develop with the heaviest accumulations of sleet and freezing rain possibly making conditions treacherous for the latter half of the weekend. ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 PM EST SUNDAY... * WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected starting this afternoon, changing over to mainly freezing rain tonight. Total snow and sleet accumulations of up to two inches and ice accumulations of one tenth to four tenths of an inch expected. * WHERE...Western North Carolina mountain locations along and east of the central and northern Blue Ridge mountains, the adjacent North Carolina foothills, and the northwest piedmont of western North Carolina. Also, northern Greenville County in South Carolina. * WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM EST Sunday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the ice. Travel could be nearly impossible.

Counties Affected:
    Alexander; Avery; Buncombe; Burke Mountains; Caldwell Mountains; Catawba; Davie; Eastern McDowell; Eastern Polk; Greater Burke; Greater Caldwell; Greater Rutherford; Henderson; Iredell; McDowell Mountains; Mitchell; Polk Mountains; Rutherford Mountains; Transylvania; Yancey

Issued by: NWS Greenville-Spartanburg (Western North Carolina and Northwest South Carolina) 
    Here we go again. We live in Avery County.
  • Options
    Take care Rodger.
  • Options
    Really screwed up, but nothing near @First_Warrior problems.
    I would love some real snow.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Really screwed up, but nothing near @First_Warrior problems.
    I would love some real snow.
    Do hush. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Originally called for 1 - 2 inches, but just got a revised update of 3 - 5 inches. So that could mean anything. I should have been a weather forecaster cause even when your wrong your right.
  • Options

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Originally called for 1 - 2 inches, but just got a revised update of 3 - 5 inches. So that could mean anything. I should have been a weather forecaster cause even when your wrong your right.
    Same here 5ish inches..... 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were supposed to get 2-4 inches and got 11. Pretty close 
  • Options
    bare ground here, so far.
  • Options
    1/4 inch of ice here but thankfully no wind. Dodged the bullet once again.
  • Options
    Confused 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F N cold up here in Ohio. Death is eminent. 😂
  • Options
    deadman said:
     Death is eminent. 😂
    that's for sure.
  • Options
    Snow today along the Tenn, line supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight. Lots of black ice, high winds and curvey two line mountain roads. I've got two of those small oil filled electric heaters. If we lose power I'll have to camp out next to the wood stove to keep from busting water pipes in my studio.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 34F here, had a bit of snow but it schmelted into ice and we've got more freezing rain to make driving pleasant and interesting.

Gonna get down low, low, low for a bit in temps after tonight. And next weekend will drop down solid into the -teens and below, with a cold front pushing down and lots of tropical love coming up the coast to make a dead zone of 20's temperatures in between, all converging around Lake Erie.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still in northern Ohio this week. Finally stopped snowing