Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    22 inches in spots according to my yard stick. Haven't lost power yet. Doesn't look like we'll be driving anywhere for the next few days. I have a couple of good library books, coffee, beer, cigars and a woodstove.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice melted yesterday mostly. Got power back at 10 last night. Now it’s snowing. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you were. The peacock has risen and he is cranky.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was a kid we used to have screamin'-at-5-AM peacocks, neighbors didn't like 'em much. One winter a couple of them flew up on to the roof and froze to it. Dad had to get out the ladder and climb up to them with some warm water to free them.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was a kid we used to have screamin'-at-5-AM peacocks, neighbors didn't like 'em much. One winter a couple of them flew up on to the roof and froze to it. Dad had to get out the ladder and climb up to them with some warm water to free them.
    Are they good eating?
    edited December 2018
    jlmarta said:
    Are they good eating?
    The only time they are good is when they are eating. But they are beautiful, so I guess that counts, too.
    however:
    "Romans consumed a lot of seafood and fish sauce was a very basic part of most of their culinary exploits. They also consumed pike liver. Wealthy Romansfeasted on game birds like peacock and flamingo. A popular delicacy among Roman elite was peacock or flamingo tongues. Roasted peacock was also a favorite with rich Romans."
    jlmarta said:
    Are they good eating?
    You can yank a few tail feathers out to tie some trout flies. 
    The frost looks like a layer of snow.
    Fun drive to work

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a little windy around here.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Sleet now after two days of heavy rain. Supposed to be 6 inches of snow tonight. All the creeks, streams, and rivers are running full. The mountains are still beautiful.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly sunny, but only 71F and super windy today (27mph) with gusts up to 50mph
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Sleet now after two days of heavy rain. Supposed to be 6 inches of snow tonight. All the creeks, streams, and rivers are running full. The mountains are still beautiful.
    Yeah starting to flood down here.
    @jgibv
    Years ago when a big ole tree came down on my grandparents farm in Va. we all went on an adventure to clean it up. Country folk could always make churning butter, making ice cream and so much else sound like fun.
    Whilst rooting through the roots I found some tourmaline crystals. The country folk made short work of clearing the fallen tree. But they always looked at me differently after that.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    Wylaff said:, 
    NorCalR1 said:
    @Yakster I drove through last week on the way to Reno air is think as soup and you can’t stay outside long at all
    Dafug you doing driving through Reno without giving me a heads up?
    Came in for the UNR game and left early the next morning. I didn’t even have time to get breakfast at Peg’s... I will be back around Christmas for a few days we can Herf for sure
    Herf with Wayne,  highly recommended.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Don't know. Haven't checked for 5 minutes.
    First_Warrior, the chain as a downspout is interesting, never seen that before.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't really realize how nice it has been until I heard someone complain about not having a white Christmas. Not much snow left due to some nice temps recently. It will change in the next few days though. I've seen predictions of 12-18" of snow coming soon. Sh*t.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first winter in Istanbul...lows in the mid 30’s, highs in the low 40’s, 15-25 mph winds, and light RAIN! The people here do not check the weather because they know it will always be the same. If the temperature was 10° cooler or 10° warmer I could handle it...but this is just nasty, non cigar friendly weather! 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    @dbeckom
    But you got really good food.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The morning rains in SoCal cleared up to be nice BBQ weather.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently 10 inches of snow on the level in town. Drifts outside town were 18 inches at 5 this morning but I haven't been out since then. I expect another 6 inches before it quits.
    💩 
    Our weather report. Accurate so far.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Skilling just jizzed in his pants thinking about the possibility that all that snow might fall.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.