Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a ice storm on the horizon. Sleet, ice, and freezing rain Thursday night. I'm moving my truck down to the house, to many overhanging trees up at my studio.
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow. Business as usual at the barber shop though.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raining a lot 

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we are getting our first frost tonight. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are 10 degrees in the morning, and almost 60 during the day. Not too bad so far, but rain and snow are set to start this weekend, that will make it a lot more hazardous.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposed to be going to Sacramento this weekend, breathing optional.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yakster I drove through last week on the way to Reno air is think as soup and you can’t stay outside long at all

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    ^^^ That is no joke San Jose is horrible and we are a few hundred miles away 

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NorCalR1 said:
    @Yakster I drove through last week on the way to Reno air is think as soup and you can’t stay outside long at all
    Dafug you doing driving through Reno without giving me a heads up?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Supposed to be going to Sacramento this weekend, breathing optional.

My elder sis in Sacto is bidgen about the smoke. Meanwhile, it's been rain and rain and rain most every other day here. This morning started with sleet, turned back to rain, then snow, sleet, snow. .... any minute now, I expect one of these Socalalifornicators is gonna chime in gloating how beautiful the weather always is there. How it never rains & never snows. Tell you, I'm from Socal, & I'll take the frost and rain. Just gimme green every day. We have a fireplace and we use it. Great place to hang this time of year. Bit of football, but of whiskey, cigar by the hearth, bowl of sketties, fluffy dog, the broad chattering about some pic she found on facebook.

Don't build your house in a dry pine forest any more than on a mudslide cliff, and you'll be OK. There's still land back in Ohio.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezing and icy. But not the really big one all the forecasters said and were really hyping.
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    NorCalR1 said:
    Dafug you doing driving through Reno without giving me a heads up?
    Came in for the UNR game and left early the next morning. I didn’t even have time to get breakfast at Peg’s... I will be back around Christmas for a few days we can Herf for sure

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florida is celebrating winter today. Currently 49 and will stay in the 60s. It will be short though, sunday back in the 80s
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second day without power here from ice storm. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear Honda makes a very good generator.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I hear Honda makes a very good generator.
    Yea, I am sold out of them.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know if you can find a generator and your still without power F.E.M.A will reimburse the cost. Also applies to chain saws, etc. Check it out on their web page.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Freezing fog today. I cannot see 20 yards.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third day of sun and mid to upper 60’s...love it! 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Patrickbrick

Got Snow?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really dodged a bullet here; for the last 5 days they were forecasting several inches of wet heavy snow, and we got a dusting on the grass but the roads were only wet.  Even as late as 11:00 last night they said we'd have 2-4" overnight.  I know I shouldn't be shoveling, so I'm too ecstatic that the storm went south to even complain about the botched forecast.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, was supposed to get a bit of snow yesterday but my brother in KC ended up with it instead, 6-8" he said.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunny and 86F.  We really need some rain
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 10-12 inches.  Crazy winds knocked out half my towns power (not mine).  Most of the traffic lights were down and most major roads were still one lane at 3:00 when I left for work.  the further south I got the better it got.  I got about 4 more inches than the town I work.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about 50 miles south of Patrick, we got a couple inches

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too cold too early. I want snow, some real snow. I miss the 3ft of the stuff that would come as many as 2 times a year. But the cold without snow is just cold.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email that due to the storm they have to push garbage day back a day for the entire town.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.