Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the hurricane is headed to NC. Up here in the mountains our ground is completely saturated. High winds could pull trees out and down. It doesn't take long for our two lanes roads to get closed up. We have some members off the mountain who are going to get hit first. Be safe everyone and keep your chainsaw sharp.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe Rodger and well sheltered. Be well and hope all is good there. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe. No stranger to hurricanes here, but we are overdue for one and I'm not looking forward to it. When I was younger I loved intense storms, but I wasn't a property owner....
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little aside.
    It is amazing how many people forget about their pets during bad storms.
    Don't forget them, you are their family. The only help they will get is from you.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the hurricane is headed to NC. Up here in the mountains our ground is completely saturated. High winds could pull trees out and down. It doesn't take long for our two lanes roads to get closed up. We have some members off the mountain who are going to get hit first. Be safe everyone and keep your chainsaw sharp.
    Grocery stores are about clear down here and this afternoon there was lines for gas. Started evacuating the coast today. 
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t recommend doing this, illegal an very unsafe but this guy last year after Harvey had to wait so long at the station he made damn sure he got his money’s worth! 

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier, I was cruising the aisles at WallyMart to top off our "Ride-this-thing-out" supplies, and heard people yelling at each other and arguing over remaining items... Saw people really stressed the F out almost running down the aisles with carts and bumping into each other.. Just a bad scene with people on edge about to melt down.
    Being from the Left coast, this is my first time for a storm like this. 
  • Options
    Earlier, I was cruising the aisles at WallyMart to top off our "Ride-this-thing-out" supplies, and heard people yelling at each other and arguing over remaining items... Saw people really stressed the F out almost running down the aisles with carts and bumping into each other.. Just a bad scene with people on edge about to melt down.
    Being from the Left coast, this is my first time for a storm like this. 
    Worst thing people can do is panic. That said a lot are more scared, panicking because of Harvey. Alot think worst case scenario which isn’t bad to be prepared for but it’s when they start to panic when things get out of hand, do things like getting violent over a jug of water or can of soup.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have more than one shower in your house, you can also wash a bathtub and then fill it up with water before the storm comes. My second cousins who live in Fort Meyers Beach, Florida always do that before a storm just in case, because they didn't want to have gallons of water just sitting around for the other 300 days of the year. 
  • Options
    Tip for food, water other survival items is Drive farther out of town like 50 miles or more where they are impacted less and stock up. Might not work depending on your area but that’s how it is kinda where I’m at. Buy a bunch of gas cans and stock up on everything top off the tank before heading back. Again if your right on the coast your going to have to drive far but it’s worth it. Call stores first to see if people are panicking there, raiding everything! 1 trip there and back and you can be set for a month or more, potentially avoiding the ones panicking, freaking everyone out.
  • Options
    For reference I'm 90miles Northwest of Galveston at an elevation of about 210ft. So to stock up I’ll drive an hour to College Station and stock up, which is another 60 miles NNW. They dont have problems from hurricane there and it’s even higher elevation so no one is panicking raiding stores.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the market yesterday just for some regular things and it looked like the locusts came through.  The water was all gone, the bread, milk and eggs were decimated.

We're inland a little, but we expect heavy rains and sever winds.  It looks like our coastal area will really get whacked.  My son and his family live in Myrtle Beach and they have already evacuated.  He works for the Post Office so he had to stay.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My parents live in Pawleys Island (Just south of Myrtle Beach) They're going to ride this one out too. They're a good 3 miles inland and most the neighbors are staying too and they watch out for each other as per all the other storms over the years. 
  • Options
    Stay safe everone, friends and family included. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    People acting like it's the end of the world, or just typical human nature here in Fayetteville. Get your prep items and be polite to everyone, they are just trying to buy water/gas/etc same as you.. It's going to be a lot of Rain 10+ inches and some wind in this area.   Stay safe everyone affected.
  • Options
    Just loaded up a bunch of Web Cams in Myrtle Beach. I did not know that Matthew destroyed Springmaid Pier, my favorite spot.
  • Options
    Sasquatch said:
    People acting like it's the end of the world, or just typical human nature here in Fayetteville. Get your prep items and be polite to everyone, they are just trying to buy water/gas/etc same as you.. It's going to be a lot of Rain 10+ inches and some wind in this area.   Stay safe everyone affected.
    Charlotte is bad enough I can only imagine how bad it is for you being that close to the coast. Charlotte is like

I know theirs a few a few of us in the Carolinas. Stay safe.
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Sasquatch said:
    Charlotte is bad enough I can only imagine how bad it is for you being that close to the coast. Charlotte is like

I know theirs a few a few of us in the Carolinas. Stay safe.

That's how I was feeling on the inside while at the stores yesterday (West Columbia)
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be safe all you right coasters. My prayers are with you.
  • Options
    3 out of 10 web cams still working. Hope you coasters are safe and in good shelters.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We about 2 hours inland, but right now our shores are getting beat up.  New Bern still has people stranded by surge after evacuating over 100.  We should get flooding where we are and possible power outages.  Hopefully, the winds won't be too bad.  My house is surrounded by 100 foot pine trees that would not look good on my roof!
  • Options
    Stay safe and praying all goes as well as it can for you and everyone else affected. 
  • Options
    I work up by Winston 250 miles inland. Last 4 hours the wind has kicked up. 

• Options
    Are you guys keeping your cigars safe? You can send them to me for safe keeping. It will be no problem at all, anything to help out.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Are you guys keeping your cigars safe? You can send them to me for safe keeping. It will be no problem at all, anything to help out.
     :D the cooler should float 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    jd50ae said:
     :D the cooler should float 
    Is it light because you are running low on ballast?
    Absolutely not, I just have faith in it’s buoyancy.