Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're not in Pittsburgh? Awwwhhh!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Markwell if I was we'd find a train and run her tougher!! lMAO
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that wasn't much fun....Woke up on Wen to 1/2" of ice covering everything, then about 9:00 am it started snowing and the wind picked up. Power went out around 11:30. Outside all you could hear was branches breaking and trees coming down out in the woods.
    Power company was out there right away, but it was a losing battle.
    We got power back late yesterday afternoon. I was talking to the guys working on the line and was told I was the every last house to get power back on ( Lucky me )
    Hopefully that's it winter......Now I got a yard full of branches to cut and drag off this weekend.
    The old saying about March was right this year "In like a lamb, out like a lion"    
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ForMud said:
    Well that wasn't much fun....Woke up on Wen to 1/2" of ice covering everything, then about 9:00 am it started snowing and the wind picked up. Power went out around 11:30. Outside all you could hear was branches breaking and trees coming down out in the woods.
    Power company was out there right away, but it was a losing battle.
    We got power back late yesterday afternoon. I was talking to the guys working on the line and was told I was the every last house to get power back on ( Lucky me )
    Hopefully that's it winter......Now I got a yard full of branches to cut and drag off this weekend.
    The old saying about March was right this year "In like a lamb, out like a lion"    
    For us it was in like a lion out like a lion.  50 mph winds on March 1.  Over a foot and a half of snow on the first day of spring.  Let's see what the next week holds, though.  Maybe it will be out like a lamb after all.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow, ice, freezing rain. Going through our firewood. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it was sunny this morning perfect weather to enjoy coffee and a cigar, but now it's raining and a bee is starting to check me and Earl out.  Better finish up and go in soon.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really sucks 
  • Options
    We had 1/2 inch of ice Sat night.. Lost many big branches and a 16 inch diameter oak broke in half and fell across our road and took down the power lines. Our electric co worked 5 hours in the dark to get our power back on. I spent today cleaning up clearing the road and got a truck full of firewood. I chained up a 12ft x 16" log and dragged that beast down the road and up to my studio.  Got to cut everything up and split it and I'll have a start on next winters wood. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You da man, Rodger.  B)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposed to rain the rest of the week starting tomorrow
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not raining this week for a change of pace, out like a lamb.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had the strangest weather I can recall today. Blizzard warnings started two or three days ago. No big deal. This time of year it will last a day.
    First thing my assistant says this morning was that she had marble sized hail in her town. Not sure about here, but I didn't hear anything.
    Later in the morning it started getting crazy dark, with thunder and lightning. One rumbling of thunder shook the building so hard I literally thought it was an earthquake. We had several grommets fall off the sprinkler heads in the ceiling. 
    Next was extended sleet that accumulated about three inches. That turned to snow after a while and it may continue all night with a prediction of at least a foot. Oh, and the wind may gust up to 50 mph. 

Mother Nature is a bipolar meth addict
  • Options
    Nice here today, highs in the upper 70s, sun shining....Tomorrow and Monday they're calling for rain and the high only getting into the low 40s.
      Had to cut the grass for the first time this year. Also cut back the ornamental grass and cut up the last of the downed limbs for the ice storm last month......Now if I listen very closely, I can hear a beer softly calling my name off in the distance.    
  • Options
    71 today and supposed to snow tomorrow night. Spring is at 2500 ft but here at 3500 ft  we got another week to go.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring storms are in full swing. 
    Plows have been taken off the trucks for snow and put back on to plow mud and rock slides. 
    Fun stuff. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Well they were right....54 degrees, heavy overcast, misty rain and windy.......Reminds me of being at the coast of England.  
  • Options
    I've shoveled approximately five and a half metric fucktons of snow so far this weekend. No heart attack so far but I'm not done yet.
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should invest in a flamethrower. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mid 70s Friday, took a convertible ride supposed to snow tomorrow. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    70s but looked like a Hurricane coming through earlier 
  • Options
    Alucore56Alucore56 Posts: 27
    21 degrees cold windy snowy and 9 more inches of snow in the middle of the week i was fishin this time last year this winter in iowa is killing me 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunderstorms & Earthquakes here today in the Bay. Just spent 35 minutes to go 6 miles... 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy $h/t. I read something here a bit ago that said we are at the beginning of another ice age. 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Cold again 

a/c Saturday; heater on Monday 
  • Options
    Rhamlin said:
    Crazy $h/t. I read something here a bit ago that said we are at the beginning of another ice age. 
    But there's this global warming thing... I mean on average, it's one degree warmer than it was a million years ago. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HMMM. Wonder who was around a million years ago to record average temps.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check with Al Gore. He’ll probably tell ya.....  
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few hours north of me, closer to @avengethis

https://youtu.be/Knp_T_nFZfY
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis