Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

53f and drizzly for the next couple days.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

48f. Still drizzly.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's raining, and I enjoy it greatly.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

68 and drizzling in PA. I was planning on cutting the grass today. Maybe later.

• Options

The rain yesterday cleared out the humidity. Currently it's sunny, breezy, 80 degrees, and 36% humidity. Grass is cut.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

92F and cloudy in the Panhandle
    Might get some of that possible rain this afternoon

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

75f and breezy. Pollen count is off the charts. I don't have pollen allergies but it's bothering my sinuses this year.

• Options

Turned into the perfect day. 69f, mild breeze, hardly a cloud in sight. I could get used to this.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

map of smoke plumes.

https://fire.airnow.gov/

• Options

getting some weather

• Options

first one of the season, maybe...70% chanc of development

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last Sunday was the only real rain we've had in weeks and there's none in sight for another couple of weeks... it's drier than a popcorn fart around here. Luckily, there's low humidity, so I'm OK with it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Low humidity, no snow? Sounds like perfect weather.

• Options

Congrats, Rodger. Nothing like a deep soaking rain this time of year. We got 3.5" last couple of days.

• Options

Looks like the storm might miss Florida and head toward Central America.

• Options

Hopefully the tobacco crops in Nicaragua and Honduras won't get trashed.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Hopefully the tobacco crops in Nicaragua and Honduras won't get trashed.

Their seasons vary with the weather so I'm only guessing, but typically the tobacco has been harvested by now and hanging in the curing barns.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Still in Newport.

90% chance of rain.

Catching up on all the naps I've missed in the last few years.

From personal experience, you should make plans that you're excited about for something indoors to do, then the rain will probably stop. If you have to pay some kind of non refundable deposit for these indoor plans, that guarantees the rain stops.

Along those lines, yesterday we awoke to rain and decided we might as well just do laundry. About the time we got the laundry started it stopped raining, put the wash in the dryers and the sun started breaking through. Got the laundry folded and put away, got dressed for riding, and...you guessed it, it started raining.

Watched the local weather liars last night, "Zero percent chance of rain tomorrow", woke up to rain today. We're leaving Tuesday Rodger, so you can expect nothing but sunshine for the rest of the week.

So far, we've managed to get in a 55 mile ride in the mountains.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weather finally cleared, lots of riding today, only rained on us twice

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Weather finally cleared, lots of riding today, only rained on us twice

Rode 30 miles today (on human powered two-wheelers), and got rained on for at least half of it. On the bright side: passed by several multi-acre fields of PA broadleaf tobacco, and thought, "this rain is good", because it hasn't rained in PA for a month or more.

• Options
    Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Those look like my mountains. Did you happen to pass through Franklin or Hayesville NC?