Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rain, tornado watch, 60mph straight line winds predicted for tomorrow.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and stay safe.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Yikes, sounds rough. Be careful and stay safe.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Batten down the hatches and stay safe, Steve.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todays Tennessee weather…

@Amos_Umwhat said:

It looks like you made it through. Any serious issues? How bad did it get?

@TRayB said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

It looks like you made it through. Any serious issues? How bad did it get?

Some power outages, not too long at my house. I've got a crabapple tree split in two at my house, haven't got out and walked the property yet, but down here by the house just lots of limbs down. Blew down the segment of fence by the chicken coop, but I was in the process of taking it down, so OK.

Large tree down right across the street from Faye's house, but it missed the power lines. We watched the wind tear the tarp off her neighbors pool, ripped it to shreds and blew her flagpole down. So, lots of little damages around that I'm still hearing about. Could have been worse, so, thankful for that.

All in all, pretty good for me.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat , glad it's only stuff that can be cleaned up or repaired.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not gettin’ any warmer. What the hell, Greta?

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

Getting a lot of hail and rain today. Changed the wiper blades during a lull. The weather forecasters keep talking about graupel, but I think we're just getting hail.

Graupel is a German word for “precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water collect and freeze on a falling snowflake, forming a 2–5 mm ball of rime.”(*) The balls look like hail but they're fluffier.

Was 39 above when I left work this afternoon. Gonna be a fun ride in tomorrow morning…any surface that was wet today will beice tomorrow. (You can stop now, Greta….)

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be safe Paul

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're into the 80's this week, that little cold snap is behind us, usually have one more before Easter. Was nice to see snow for a couple hours last week.

A little dirt never hurt

Not spring yet....

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

While searching for a tracking map of cyclone Freddy that hit southern Africa I found this high definition satellite site, really neat:
    https://zoom.earth/maps/daily/#view=43.4,-83.4,4z/date=2023-03-14,pm

60 degrees, thunderstorm with lightning this evening.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been raining for 3 days with another day being called for. Trees are starting to fall at home because of the soaked ground

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

6" of snow so far, with another 4" this afternoon. At least it's happening on a Saturday when more people can stay home and off the roads.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Days like that make you wonder why everybody doesnt have a 4x4.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everybody around here has a 4x4.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last good snow storm we had, I saw a prius stuck on the highway in 4-5" of snow. I laughed really, really hard.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf.

@ShawnOL said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Wtf.

Where are all the hills and trees?

Missouri

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

Southern Mo, north of the river looks similar to that.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Wtf.

Where are all the hills and trees?

It looks like you could possibly call the dip in the back a hill🤓

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I got this alert my garage got destroyed. Hopefully this one isn’t worse.

Stay safe, Calvin.