Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:

Those look like my mountains. Did you happen to pass through Franklin or Hayesville NC?

Came down 209 "The Rattler" from Hot Spring TN and went through Maggie Valley to Cherokee, back up to Gatlinburg, because that was the way back, didn't stop, and then back up to Newport. Little bit of riding in the rain, but what the heck.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Sethbanks711 said:

Those look like my mountains. Did you happen to pass through Franklin or Hayesville NC?

Came down 209 "The Rattler" from Hot Spring TN and went through Maggie Valley to Cherokee, back up to Gatlinburg, because that was the way back, didn't stop, and then back up to Newport. Little bit of riding in the rain, but what the heck.

I bet that was an awesome ride. I love when the clouds roll through at a low ceiling. You were about 45 minutes from where I live.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

There is an extreme T-storm blasting through here right know. High winds, heavy rain, and lightning.
    ETA: now hail.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Swimming weather this weekend in San Jose.

• Options
    Sethbanks711Sethbanks711 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rare 90 degree spike over here in Hayesville

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hitting record highs last couple of days.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it seemed like summer was nonchalant in its arrival this year, you might say fashionably late. But it showed up this week and I'm not a fan of 90* and 70* dew points; every year the date I announce I'm ready for Fall is earlier than the year before.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Weather man said 102 for today, but my thermometer says it’s only 98.

WINNING!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

It's not 💯 but it feels like it.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful day. 73° right now and we got some much needed rain overnight. It's been hot and dry for a while

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

70f, drizzly, humid. Feels like 80f.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

56°

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another foggy morning, 70°, 100% humidity, supposed to hit 81° later.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rain every single day this week. and HOT with humidity through the roof.
    A/C been working overtime

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

most of New England is getting some extra rain today, except for part of Vermont and Cape Cod. Brown areas are flood warnings:

• Options

Not my weather, but I can't get over what they're dealing w/ in Phoenix.

For the past 19 days, Phoenix has sweltered under temperatures at or above 110 degrees Fahrenheit amid an unrelenting heat wave, shattering a record that has stood for nearly 50 years.

"This record is forecast to be obliterated, as AccuWeather has 110+ degree F highs forecast every day through at least the middle to the latter part of next week," AccuWeather Meteorologist Renee Duff said.

People in Phoenix can’t escape the record heat even after the sun has set. The low-temperature early Wednesday morning was 97 degrees, breaking the record for the highest low temperature in the city’s history.

Just amazing... I figure most of you are aware of the extent of this heat wave down south. I have friends in Phoenix so I watch the news on their weather; yesterday it was more than 40* warmer there than by me.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

I saw where Death Valley came within 1.5° of having the highest recorded temperature on Earth yesterday

• Options

I thought that was normal for Phoenix, "that's what it was when I was there in July of '74" went through my head. Then I paid attention to the national weather news and they were telling that " Phoenix is breaking heat records set in July of 1974."

Oh. Well, that's why.

• Options

Just saw a screenshot from a girl in Arizona on Twitter. 121°
    Part of me is very sympathetic and part of me wants to say "What do you expect, you live in a desert?"

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

74 and a bit humid. Doesn't get above 80 here cause of the elevation. At least it doesn't get above 80 so far. Nights are low 60's.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fabulous day in central PA today. Mid 80s and much lower humidity than the past several weeks. We turned of the AC and opened the windows. Supposed to be the same tomorrow.

• Options

Tornado sirens went off here then stopped. Amazing lightning show right now but amongst the lights there is a big dark area that looks like a super cell moving in from the west.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Tornado sirens went off here then stopped. Amazing lightning show right now but amongst the lights there is a big dark area that looks like a super cell moving in from the west.

Stay safe!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

They canceled the tornado warning early on I guess. Just rain, wind, a light show and some thunder that shook the house a few times. Winding down now.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love lightning storms. 🌩

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Currently 82 in my garage with a dew point of 43.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

93 with a 70 dew point

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    93 with a 70 dew point

Nice... we've had that for much of the week, but tomorrow it's supposed to break and go back to normal.