Home Non Cigar Related
Options

merry memes

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh ^. Meme snowflakes are blaming cancel culture for pulling Dr Seuss books out of the grasps of wanting 4-year-olds. A little digging will show that six titles were pulled, none of which this 45-year-old has ever heard of. They were pulled by the owner of the Dr Seuss estate, and they were titles that Dr Seuss himself said he regretted.

So what we have here is good old-fashioned American freedom of choice. The owner of the copyright decides that he doesn't want to publish these books anymore, and the OAN snowflakes become enraged that they don't get to buy their great grandchildren books that have pictures of little black kids and grass skirts behind bars.

Michelle Obama was reading Green eggs and Ham. Test question: name any of the six titles that the Dr Seuss trust decided to pull from the printing press without doing a Google search. For extra credit, show me your copy of That book and Tell your arduous story about how it'll negatively affect your life.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

I mean, it would be different if the publisher or the printer refused to print these titles. I would see a point to the discontent. It would be different if a politician or a government tried to ban or censor these books. The liberal cancel culture argument might hold a little weight In that case. Tipper Gore trying to censor black music groups in the '90s was a travesty. Where was the OAN culture then?

This is the owner of the copyright voluntarily pulling their own book titles under zero pressure from anybody, fulfilling what they suspect would have been the wishes of the creator. It's their right to do so.

As long as we continue to give these stories credence by giving these media outlets ratings and viewership, we will continue to be lied to like sheep in a slaughterhouse.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited March 2021
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes better.....I think....

Poor Ronny is in his grave spinning like a knob on a s h i t house door for the last couple of years.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Either of the engaged parties is free to choose, contraception. I think the concept is called consequences.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I was once arguing this point with a friend of mine "A woman has the right to choose!" she screamed at me. "Of course" I replied, "Rape is a terrible thing".

I don't think she recognized that I was agreeing with her.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez, where is that ^ Here in Taxachusetts:

Gasoline/Diesel
    This week

Regular
    $2.622

Midgrade
    $2.892

Premium
    $3.110

Diesel
    $2.890

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

Gasoline/Diesel
    This week

Regular
    $2.622

Midgrade
    $2.892

Premium
    $3.110

Diesel
    $2.890

Not sure it’s the inter web so it could be old.
    Diesel is $2.85 here I don’t know what gas is up to

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@silvermouse said:

Gasoline/Diesel
    This week

Regular
    $2.622

Midgrade
    $2.892

Premium
    $3.110

Diesel
    $2.890

Not sure it’s the inter web so it could be old.
    Diesel is $2.85 here I don’t know what gas is up to

Here in South, Florida Regular is $2.69 and up

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

Diesel is 2.89 here also and the truck is empty. Was at or under 2.00 a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Test question: name any of the six titles that the Dr Seuss trust decided to pull from the printing press without doing a Google search.

I have a copy of "I Swear I Saw it on Mulberry Street". I still can't find anything offensive in it.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited March 2021

@Wylaff said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Test question: name any of the six titles that the Dr Seuss trust decided to pull from the printing press without doing a Google search.

I have a copy of "I Swear I Saw it on Mulberry Street". I still can't find anything offensive in it.

Curious. If I remember correctly, when I was a kid in Brooklyn, Mulberry St. was a very "organized" Italian neighborhood, if you take my meaning. Could it have anything to do with that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 2021

It looks like it was pulled because a yellow colored character with a ponytail and a bowl of rice was offensive to Chinese.
    I wonder if any of these "offended" cultures are actually offended, or if we're just getting offended on their behalf...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    It looks like it was pulled because a yellow colored character with a ponytail and a bowl of rice was offensive to Chinese.
    I wonder if any of these "offended" cultures are actually offended, or if we're just getting offended on their behalf...

I don’t understand why they couldn’t keep the books and replace the pictures

• Options

When did the Chinese guit eating with sticks?

• Options

I think it was the skin color. Someone needs to call China and tell them that they must stop referring to the first Chinese Emperor as "The Yellow Emperor" because white Americans are offended by the reference to skin color. Quick, change all the history books!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Actually, it's pretty easy to find vegans. They usually make it a point to let you know they're vegan, is if that's actually something cool.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Actually, it's pretty easy to find vegans. They usually make it a point to let you know they're vegan, is if that's actually something cool.

They're known to be easy to overpower as well.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Wylaff said:

It's likely because the good doctor illustrated them himself.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@ShawnOL said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

And pale and pasty looking.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@0patience said:

@Wylaff said:

@ShawnOL said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

And pale and pasty looking.

I enjoy a bit of fat on my ribs, but some people do seem to enjoy the leaner ones.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the copyright holder for Dr. Seuss books really think it was a great idea to voluntarily pull these books? I guess they were trying to get ahead of any possible future reppercussions, but it seems like they've grabbed the spotlight now.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )