Home Non Cigar Related

merry memes

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know of almost zero peaceful protests that took place. Sure not the one that took place in Boston where shops were looted and cars were burned.

That's why peaceful was in quotes. Do you not remember the screenshot from CNN with "mostly peaceful protests" on the bottom of the screen while there were fires raging in the background? I could find it if I have to.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh and.....
    Fücking @ShawnOL & @VegasFrank

🤣😂

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CharlieHeis said:
    Following orders to stand down obviously. Have you seen the videos where they literally, not the overused version of literally like I'm literally dying over here, but the actual version of literally, let them into the Capital.
    It happened. Don't know why, but it happened.

But heavily Republican police let them in?

Well we can't tell their political affiliation on the video. But they were let in, yes.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an insurrection! Looks like the red and blue have teamed up to suppress us middle of the road clowns.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@Vision said:

@CharlieHeis said:
    Following orders to stand down obviously. Have you seen the videos where they literally, not the overused version of literally like I'm literally dying over here, but the actual version of literally, let them into the Capital.

Well we can't tell their political affiliation on the video. But they were let in, yes.

Okay reality check here. We can assume that most police professionals in the United States are right leaning or Republicans. I don't have any facts to support this, just common sense. In my very biased non random sample, the two law enforcement professionals that I know on this site, @Usaf06 and @Stubble, are both right leaning.

I saw multiple videos of entry into the capital. I saw one where police let people through. They did this because they were unequipped to hold the people back, and it was to prevent bodily harm and destruction.

I also saw multiple videos of rioters breaking windows, climbing over terraces, trapping and killing police officers against entry points, and chasing police through hallways as the police tried to run away.

You can call me completely crazy on this last one, but the fact that thousands of red-blooded, right leaning, Republican God fearing Americans stormed the capital, and not one, or not 10 as Pete actually put, firearm was found definitely shows a level of organization and planning.

Dozens and dozens of those who are charged with crimes on January 6th on Capitol grounds are known firearms holders and owners. Yet none of these thousands of people, all who demonstrated multiple Acts of extraordinarily poor judgment over multiple hours had a firearm on them.

Really? 16 people converged on a used car dealership during a riot and 14 of them had guns and they were on both sides.

Yet not one of the thousands of people who stormed the capital was possessing a firearm at the time?

There are only two explanations for this. Either the strict gun laws of DC were enough of a deterrent to prevent people from being present with firearms, which would mean that legislating gun possession actually does work and we can stop saying the word Chicago now, or people were told by those who actually organized this brouhaha to leave their guns at home.

Now I don't think that any of you believe that the DC firearms restrictions actually work for anything. So let's assume that people were told to leave their guns at home. That is step one of an organized event. There's your evidence, folks.

The meme that started this was just supposed to be humorous. Apparently people on this site cannot find humor in something that pokes fun at their side. Duly noted.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong thread

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Stubble said:
    @VegasFrank

STFU. Don't bring me into this.

Don't you dare restrict my freedom of speech!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@CharlieHeis said:

@Vision said:

@CharlieHeis said:

Okay reality check here. We can assume that most police professionals in the United States are right leaning or Republicans. I don't have any facts to support this, just common sense. In my very biased non random sample, the two law enforcement professionals that I know on this site, @Usaf06 and @Stubble, are both right leaning.

I saw multiple videos of entry into the capital. I saw one where police let people through. They did this because they were unequipped to hold the people back, and it was to prevent bodily harm and destruction.

I also saw multiple videos of rioters breaking windows, climbing over terraces, trapping and killing police officers against entry points, and chasing police through hallways as the police tried to run away.

You can call me completely crazy on this last one, but the fact that thousands of red-blooded, right leaning, Republican God fearing Americans stormed the capital, and not one, or not 10 as Pete actually put, firearm was found definitely shows a level of organization and planning.

Dozens and dozens of those who are charged with crimes on January 6th on Capitol grounds are known firearms holders and owners. Yet none of these thousands of people, all who demonstrated multiple Acts of extraordinarily poor judgment over multiple hours had a firearm on them.

Really? 16 people converged on a used car dealership during a riot and 14 of them had guns and they were on both sides.

Yet not one of the thousands of people who stormed the capital was possessing a firearm at the time?

There are only two explanations for this. Either the strict gun laws of DC were enough of a deterrent to prevent people from being present with firearms, which would mean that legislating gun possession actually does work and we can stop saying the word Chicago now, or people were told by those who actually organized this brouhaha to leave their guns at home.

Now I don't think that any of you believe that the DC firearms restrictions actually work for anything. So let's assume that people were told to leave their guns at home. That is step one of an organized event. There's your evidence, folks.

That's just supposition, if it was a actual insurrection, everyone would have brought a firearm or several, including lots of black rifles.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

That's ^ also supposition, in that case, Dave! 😆

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, this is a meme thread, you must therefore argue in memes.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Hobbes86 said:

Calvin made a beautiful thread specifically for politics. If you would like to chat about politics we can do it there. After all, these memes aren't all that silly. :)

That's ^ not a meme

@VegasFrank said:
    That's ^ not a meme

All the more reason to move the discussion elsewhere. I won't reply on the subject in this thread anymore. We can talk in the politics thread.

Nah I'm bored. Maybe next time.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭✭✭