Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm watching Once Upon a Time in the West. A fantastic movie by a wonderful director.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 does your wife watch these fantastic movies with you?

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    @Hobbes86 does your wife watch these fantastic movies with you?

Sometimes

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that, Edward. I hope the meds work well for you.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had about eight months of prednisone a while back. The physical and psychological side effects are the pits. Read up and take care Edward.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a pain. But I thought they failed a month after the warranty expired.

@First_Warrior said:
    I had about eight months of prednisone a while back. The physical and psychological side effects are the pits. Read up and take care Edward.

Jesus. Thanks for the warning Rodger, sounds aweful.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang in there Edward, hope you are okay.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

Decrease in the amount of urine, increased urination. Sounds like a pizz Civil War going on.

The decreased height made me chuckle. Make sure to measure yourself before and after, Edward.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse Prednisone is iffy depending on the dosage and duration of usage during treatment. Could be worse options but everyone reacts different to medication. Up the water intake for sure to keep your system flushed and hydrated. Probably going to make you very hungry! Moody, more aggressive is highly common. Could have no side effects at all won't know till you take it.

When I took it for 3 weeks or so back when I was younger, I gained 25 lbs. in 2 weeks! Made me hungrier than a horse but was bodybuilding hardcore, went from curling 35lb dumbbells to 55lbs lol It was a positive experience for me.....Lost all weight and some strength after discontinuing the drug therapy, mostly all water weight for me.

Hope everything goes positive for you.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    What a pain. But I thought they failed a month after the warranty expired.

I know, right? And, usually it's on Sunday. So, I count this as a blessing. Or as good as it gets, anyway.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one fail the day before we were leaving on vacation. We ended up overpaying on a tankless replacement due to lack of time.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Replacing an outdoor GFIC Outlet that failed in the storms. No signs at all that it got wet, surprisingly, I think it was just a failure of old age, time to replace it.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate outdoor GFCI outlets - they never last, even if kept dry. I'm resorting to putting a GFCI outlet inside, upstream from the outdoor outlet, and using a standard outlet outside. Or, simply protecting the entire circuit w/ a GFCI breaker.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Thanks, Peter, I replaced the feeder outlet with a GFIC and put a regular outlet in the weather box outside.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woke up at 4 AM to a 45 degree house. It appears my circulating pump on the boiler gave up on the coldest night of the year so far and my woodstove had died down enough that it couldn’t stay ahead of the chill. Got the HVAC guys out during the day to replace a bunch of worn out boiler parts….

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn everything good now Paul???

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to be… I’ll know for certain in the morning, cuz yeah, it's still cold.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

That's still 85 degrees above outside. You should be sweating.

Went across town to my daughter's to pick up a tall mini-fridge and chair for my Wife and take over mail and a cake my son baked for her, then came back, unloaded, and had leftovers for lunch. Went out again to get a smog check ✅ and I'll stop by the pure water store on the way back before on to the next thing which will probably be a coffee roasting session.

edited December 2022

Watching Tracking Santa on Hulu/ABC while wearing my new Santa hat. He's in the Detroit area now according to the NORAD official on the stream.

I hear he's headed to Texas next.

Have the day off. So far, since I woke up, I've had a half pot of coffee, two cigars, ate some oatmeal and now can't think of anything to do but take a nap.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

20 degrees and 3 inches of snow. Finally warm enough for my morning walk. Down the road, across the road to the fairgrounds, down into the woods and along a old log road. Up a steep grade for 100 yards to the fairgrounds again. Back across a road and down the road to my studio. Didn't see anyone else and no cars or trucks. Lots of deer and turkey sign. 45 minutes use or or lose it.

Hey, Chris, is this hitting you or further up the coast?

edited January 2023

That's hitting me. My daughter drove into work, only to find out they're letting everyone work from home because of the high winds and flooding. When she got home, she noticed the power was out so she came here for a bit. By the time she got here the power was back on at her house. So far we've got power, knock wood, but it's going to be interesting smoking a cigar tonight.