Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster - hit a paywall on your link.

@Jrflickster - or a maid to restock the bathroom.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Towel alternative :D

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Towel alternative :D

Yikes. Clean it well after drying some "parts"!

• Options

I've been making old man noises since I was a kid.

This weekend the Wife and I cleaned up the garage a bit to make more room for the home gym. I found a box with a bunch of papers from the 80s and 90s that needed to be shredded and/or burned and a slim black Zippo lighter and some Ronson flints.

Yesterday I worked on getting the old flint which had become flattened and stuck under the wheel cleaned up and managed to get a good spark with a new flint, so I picked up a bottle of Zippo fuel at Bass Pro and filled it up.

We had a good conversation last night about not using Zippos with cigars because of the taste of the fuel, but when my Butane lighter didn't light I did relight the cigar with that Zippo. So much fun to flick the lid open and closed and if you let it burn for several seconds the smell isn't really bad.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is so salty right now it's awful maybe tomorrow just haven't felt that -20 is the right time to wash it Temps coming back up in the next few days though

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never wash your car if it's below 25°.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is a "below 25°"? Whatever it is, it doesn't exist here.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Below freezing temperature is the perfect temperature for washing your car. Not only is it safe, but it also removes the dirt and dust that can build up on your car’s finish. Here are four easy steps to washing your car in below freezing temperature:

Start by prepping your car for washing by filling up a bucket with room-temperature water and adding a bit of detergent.
    Place your car in the bucket and let it soak for around 30 minutes. This will help loosen any dirt and dust that may be on your vehicle.
    After soaking, drain the water from the bucket and rinse your car off with cold water. Make sure to rinse all of the soap off of your car!
    Finally, dry your car off with a towel and you’re ready to go!

https://autocleanupguru.com/can-i-wash-my-car-below-freezing/

• Options

0° here right now. Not washing my car.

• Options

I put on my long johns before making coffee and coming outside this morning to smoke my cigar.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Below freezing temperature is the perfect temperature for washing your car. Not only is it safe, but it also removes the dirt and dust that can build up on your car’s finish. Here are four easy steps to washing your car in below freezing temperature:

Start by prepping your car for washing by filling up a bucket with room-temperature water and adding a bit of detergent.
    Place your car in the bucket and let it soak for around 30 minutes. This will help loosen any dirt and dust that may be on your vehicle.
    After soaking, drain the water from the bucket and rinse your car off with cold water. Make sure to rinse all of the soap off of your car!
    Finally, dry your car off with a towel and you’re ready to go!

https://autocleanupguru.com/can-i-wash-my-car-below-freezing/

What are they washing? Hotwheels?

• Options

@ShawnOL 😚

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll add my two cents... the "don't wash your car when it's below X degrees" rule is a myth. It may have been appropriate in days gone by, but my '98 Accord never had any issue with freezing locks, etc, and neither has my Subaru. The seals around the doors and locks are not what they were in the 50's anymore.

Fortunately, most people still buy into that fallacy and the lines at the carwarsh (sic) are nice and short on a day like today.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Here's what ChatGPT has to say about it. BTW, they're rolling out ChatGPT+ for $20 a month, I haven't received my invite yet. I emboldened some of the words below for emphasis.

Washing a car in freezing temperatures can be challenging and may not be effective in achieving a thorough clean. Water can freeze on the car's surface, making it difficult to rinse off and causing damage to the paint. Additionally, many car wash soaps and detergents are designed to work best at warm temperatures, and their effectiveness can be reduced in cold weather.

If you need to wash your car in freezing temperatures, it's best to do so in a warm garage or use a special winter car wash solution designed for use in cold weather. You should also be sure to thoroughly rinse and dry the car to prevent the formation of ice on its surface.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

(https://youtube.com/shorts/vWXQjrOrpdU?feature=share)

Sorry. YouTube wouldn't let me make it a 'normal' video, it had to be a 'short' so the link won't display the video itself and makes you leave this site to view it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dirty water dripping off the fenders, pushes the grime away from the point of impact?

• Options

That's so weird...

• Options
    edited February 2023

This is Peter's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXQjrOrpdU

The trick is to play the short and right-click on it to copy video URL and paste that video URL to get it to embed. If the link has shorts in it then it won't embed properly.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Dirty water dripping off the fenders, pushes the grime away from the point of impact?

Agree. Did you know that there's such a thing as fossilized / petrified rain drops? Never underestimate the power of water.

• Options

I wipe my door jambs and seals dry after every wash. But then again, I have a remote starter and warm up my truck for 15 minutes.

• Options

AT&T raised the price on their basic TV subscription by $10+ bucks so I cancelled TV service since we haven't been watching it. Ended up getting a deal for 12 months for $20 off the Internet which will more than offset the $10 increase in Internet cost we were going to see.

They tried to give me deals on alternatives but they couldn't argue with "we don't watch TV anymore."

• Options

Shopping with the family, two more stops to go before I can go back home and have a smoke. I'm so ready.