Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder why my prior post got flagged as spam???

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes it's just a fat finger from hitting guote.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

42 degrees and raining in northern Wisconsin beautiful day for a car wash

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    A pack of coyotes serenaded us as we walked to the beach (mating season).

Happy Valentines Day!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited February 2023

@TRayB said:

Don't worry that was just me😃

Edit: just my awful spelling

@Jrflickster said:

@TRayB said:

Don't worry that was just me😃

Edit: just my awful spelling

Figured as much. Thanks.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

Last week I got the bug to own an LP of Beethoven's 9th and once I found it on ebay, I also found a 5-LP box set of Beethoven's Sonatas violin and piano w/ Jascha Heifetz on violin in near mint condition. Today I listened to the first record and was a bit disappointed in the recording, partly because it's only mono, and I think whoever recorded/produced it didn't know much or because it was recorded in 1953 they didn't have what it took.

Post edited by peter4jc on
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son's kindergarten class had a project where they tried to get 100 postcards from family across the nation by the 100th day of school. This one came in and I thought you'd find it interesting, Jim. @Jrflickster

I forgot my wife has family over your way.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Sweet!😜

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    I ran the snowblower a week and a half ago, and got too deep into some gravel in the driveway. I think there is a stone stuck between the impeller and the frame. I need to take it apart today to find the source of the vibration.

That sounds like a northerner problem, I would help if I knew an impeller from an expeller, but I don't.

A little dirt never hurt

@dirtdude said:

@TRayB said:
    I ran the snowblower a week and a half ago, and got too deep into some gravel in the driveway. I think there is a stone stuck between the impeller and the frame. I need to take it apart today to find the source of the vibration.

That sounds like a northerner problem, I would help if I knew an impeller from an expeller, but I don't.

The impeller (@dirtdude : the round spinny thingy with blades that makes the snow go woosh out the top of the tubey-looking thing :) ), was bent and rubbing on a bolt head, but also had a broken weld. I straightened it myself, but had to take it to a shop to be welded. It took about 3 minutes to weld. I still need to re-assemble it, but at least it'll be ready to go before the mid-March 24" snowstorm I anticipate.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stage Two of a Two-Stage snowblower, and what technically (I think) distinguishes a snowblower from a snowthrower.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

ordered a replacement for my Fitbit Charge 5. The battery commonly craps out several months after the 1 year warranty expires (a lot like water heaters), but they gave me a 35% discount as a consolation prize so that I stay with the brand.

Snowblower is fully operational again. I just need a snowstorm to test it. C'mon snow!

@dirtdude said:

You northerners kill me, why do put up with that bs? My older brother was in upstate NY and telling me the snowblower and just ice and snow they went thru. Move south.

I love the change of seasons, especially the renewing of Spring after Winter seems to reach toward permanency. To see gray and bleak brown become green again.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see your optimism @TRay8, we are just brown and bleak here, 65 degrees yesterday and I'm wearing my winter coat to walk the dog.

A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    On my morning walk saw frog eggs in a pond and a Robin in a field. Spring is on it's way.

I saw three robins when I got home yesterday. They're going to be in for a rude awakening in a few days

I didn't order any cigars today. Didn't do much of anything except haul in some wood and feed the stove.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cut through our county fairgrounds on my morning walk and saw a flock of Robins. Spring is starting to show up.