Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    i neglected to put the carafe back into the coffee brewer this morning. The brewer didn't care and happily made 10 cups of coffee anyway.

I HATE when that happens.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Oh, no!!! And you had a perfect year going, Edward!!!

Went to bed at 9:30 instead of 12:30. Power came back on during the night, was on at 2:30 when I got up to make a river (that was our G-rated way of saying pee when we were 4 years old). Got the extra hour of sleep and got up at 7am.

It makes me think of the devastation in Ukraine, and my discomfort of losing electricity for an evening, contrasting that with unimaginable hardship.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too. Woke up stupid and it has only gotten worse today.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Normally I would have just stacked 5 gallon pails up and climbed on them. This time I put a stack of pallets and a step ladder, to be safer! Stepped onto to the ladder off the pallets, next thing I knew, I was on the floor! Hit my head on some tubs of ice cream! ER doc says nothing broke, cat scan on head all good! Going to hurt for a while though!

Hope your feeling better.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    A trip to the farmers market turned into a full day of shopping and lunch. My wallet is crying.

Plans within plans within plans

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy this weekend. One of my favorite characters is Boromir. He is a good-hearted man with a weakness, a good representation of most of mankind in my opinion.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

California doesn't allow brass hardware in bathrooms? Is that to save energy, water the environment or the endangered illegal alien?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    California doesn't allow brass hardware in bathrooms? Is that to save energy, water the environment or the endangered illegal alien?

They're saving the brass to make more brass holes to fill up their legislature.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't it just for brass that contains lead?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Isn't it just for brass that contains lead?

Perhaps, Amazon didn't elaborate.

• Options

Missed my window to roast coffee because my Wife is doing laundry and we share the same circuit. I'll have to wait until after 9:00 when the rates go down again to roast

• Options

My son's making dinner tonight, started at 5. I figured I'd wait to jump on the vHerf until after I ate, but it's going on 7 now and I'm starting to get hungry. Smells good, though. I'm sure it's something ambitious, I hope that he didn't use all the pots and pans making dinner since I'll be on clean-up duty.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Just sitting hear reading stupid comments trying to keep my sarcastic aśśhole comments to myself so I don't cause a howl...when some people will be like hey that's not nice I relate to his silly comments and others are like yeah I hear you how annoying but don't worry commenter I don't mean you when I say annoying...

• Options

And no @Hobbes86 I don't mean you I promise

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Jrflickster said:
    And no @Hobbes86 I don't mean you I promise

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

hmm, pretty much just leaves me. Let it rip, do your soul some good.