Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Machine was built in 1965, refurbished in 1987 when I bought it. It’s just old, like me! We did get some oversized O Rings. That’s my next step!

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friendly advice, be the hero of the neighborhood, buy the full size candy bars and make a child's night next week. It's good for the soul.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Friendly advice, be the hero of the neighborhood, buy the full size candy bars and make a child's night next week. It's good for the soul.

We do that every year. It's cheaper than the bags of BS on a per kid basis.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kids these days already get too much candy.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Sitting at the ER waiting….. I should have listened to my wife and gone to docs during the week! You’ve all seen Ricky’s ass on vherf, here’s mine. file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/40/00/4B3A8BCA-A632-4B56-9B46-FEEBA3DB6570/IMG_2994.heic

• Options

Pic didn’t work. Try this!

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

Link doesn't work, maybe just as well, lol. Good luck whatever it is though I was hoping for an o-ring update.

edit: yow. !

Post edited by silvermouse on
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

What the hell Charlie?????

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had one of those once, playing baseball drunk, slid into 1st base.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

You should have had a safe word

All jokes aside, glad you’re OK

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch!! I'm guessing slick freezer floor? I once had my whole left leg turn that color from a load of steel falling on the calf of the leg. Ruptured some tendons. Doc's were certain that it was broken leg until the x-rays came back. Then they did a bone density scan and told me that my bones were comparable to Samoans in density. Must be the Neanderthal DNA.

That will turn all sorts of lovely shades of green and yellow before you're through. Be careful! You won't be wanting to fall on it again.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Normally I would have just stacked 5 gallon pails up and climbed on them. This time I put a stack of pallets and a step ladder, to be safer! Stepped onto to the ladder off the pallets, next thing I knew, I was on the floor! Hit my head on some tubs of ice cream! ER doc says nothing broke, cat scan on head all good! Going to hurt for a while though!

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Normally I would have just stacked 5 gallon pails up and climbed on them. This time I put a stack of pallets and a step ladder, to be safer! Stepped onto to the ladder off the pallets, next thing I knew, I was on the floor! Hit my head on some tubs of ice cream! ER doc says nothing broke, cat scan on head all good! Going to hurt for a while though!

I'm glad nothing broke and that you'll likely heal up just fine. Isn't that just a man's luck? Trying to be safer and get screwed over!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

So glad you are bruised but not broken. If you don't have one already get a smart watch with fall detection:

https://gorilla-fitnesswatches.com/smartwatches-with-fall-detection/

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel better, @cbuck

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to suggest finding a more gentle woman Charlie.
    Goin' down on your bum is better than goin' down on your front. Glad your'e ok. Funny how easily we bruise when we get older.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn! That looks painful, Charlie. Hope it heals soon.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

Masons first time driving the "dirty max" as they call it.....he says it's to big I said knock it off fūcker I'm drunk drive it

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay safe, Peter!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

i neglected to put the carafe back into the coffee brewer this morning. The brewer didn't care and happily made 10 cups of coffee anyway.