Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see...8:30 AM, I am two drinks in already. Wild Cherry Pepsi and Corvoisier go really well together...but not on an empty stomach.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got the annual anti-smoking lecture from my dental hygienist.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^did you give em a cigar?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Ha. nope, just $100.
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagged a bird with my mirror bracket. It froze solid before I made it to my destination 10 minutes away. I think it might be cold
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wind chill...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I just watched an eagle lay an egg on a webcam.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he died in the ensuing explosion?
  • Options
    The villian in this book has terrible taste in cigars 

What book is it?  I might have to leave an Amazon review about it!

I read a free Kindle book once that mentioned CAO Brazilia.  Past that, cigar mentions seem pretty generic.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it The Athena Project?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it The Athena Project?
    Yes it is! 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put my toothbrush through the dishwasher.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been slowly scrubbing scale off my shower glass doors each morning as I shower with a little scale remover I found at Daiso. (Japanese Dollar-Fifty store) It seems to be working but it's going to take a long time to finish the job at this rate.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^If you were close I’d lend you my VaporRino steamer, runs on 240V will melt that scale off in no time. Kills everything and cleans just about anything chemical free too. Also has water/cleaner injection in the steam flow, it’s like a mini pressure washer lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Martel said:
    WTF, didn't it have a nest?
    See the source image
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    ^If you were close I’d lend you my VaporRino steamer, runs on 240V will melt that scale off in no time. Kills everything and cleans just about anything chemical free too. Also has water/cleaner injection in the steam flow, it’s like a mini pressure washer lol

Maybe I should try my pressure washer, but I'd be afraid of breaking the glass doors.  My handheld shark steamer didn't touch the scale.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a dab of toothpaste on your Daiso.  You're welcome.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Maybe I should try my pressure washer, but I'd be afraid of breaking the glass doors.  My handheld shark steamer didn't touch the scale.
    Pressure washer probably to much power, I wouldn’t risk it. Another option is a rotary buffer with aggressive wool pad and some Meguiars 101 or 105 compound. It will take it off no problem, shine it up good to, can do the whole shower, I’ve used on glass, tile, marble. Scale, scum, hard water spots gone! I’m currently about to do this again then chemically strip the shower and used a permanent nano ceramic coating. No more squeegeeing the shower! Just don’t coat or seal the floor...Lol.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    dirtdude said:
    Martel said:
    WTF, didn't it have a nest?
    See the source image
    Wow, you guys are rough.

Yeah, it's our local celebrity eagle-cam.  They made national news a few years ago, brooding on the eggs during a snow storm.  That was right before I moved here and I started watching them.  I rarely turn on the feed, but some FB groups capture clips when anything interesting happens.  

• Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Yakster said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Pressure washer probably to much power, I wouldn’t risk it. Another option is a rotary buffer with aggressive wool pad and some Meguiars 101 or 105 compound. It will take it off no problem, shine it up good to, can do the whole shower, I’ve used on glass, tile, marble. Scale, scum, hard water spots gone! I’m currently about to do this again then chemically strip the shower and used a permanent nano ceramic coating. No more squeegeeing the shower! Just don’t coat or seal the floor...Lol.

Ceramic coating, hmm, soon your shower will be so clean you could make a salad in there.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris, take more then one shower a week to speed up the process
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Image result for kramer shower garbage disposal

Ceramic coating, hmm, soon your shower will be so clean you could make a salad in there.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    I have a question and didn’t wanna make a new thread, but can you cut the cedar cigar wraps into slivers and use that as a spill? Or is that a no-no because they’re probably treated or some other reason I’m not smart enough to know?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I found this old thread that talks about using the cedar wrap to light the cigar while still on the cigar. <click here>

I always just use a lighter.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @Yakster ftw. Thanks man. May try it with a cheapo stick