Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spills are fun to use occasionally, now I just turn to my Xikar Forte’s. Plus ya got to use the Lighter to light the spill lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a couple of them in my travel humidor under the foam to help it smell better if it sits for awhile. 

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hurt myself on the elliptical machine this morning.
    I was walking by and stubbed my toe really hard.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I've been slowly scrubbing scale off my shower glass doors each morning as I shower with a little scale remover I found at Daiso. (Japanese Dollar-Fifty store) It seems to be working but it's going to take a long time to finish the job at this rate.
    ...daily shower spray....thanks mom.....it works
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I've been slowly scrubbing scale off my shower glass doors each morning as I shower with a little scale remover I found at Daiso. (Japanese Dollar-Fifty store) It seems to be working but it's going to take a long time to finish the job at this rate.
    Ever tried a sponge with just straight white vinegar?  The acidity sure works well on a ton of other things - I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work for this as well.....  👴🏻
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to squeegee the shower walls after each shower to prolong the time between scrubbing them.  But then I realized that I spend a minute with the sqeegee each time and after a couple months I've spent more time keeping them clean than it takes to scrub them.  So screw off Mr. Sqeegee!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Yakster said:
    Ever tried a sponge with just straight white vinegar?  The acidity sure works well on a ton of other things - I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t work for this as well.....  👴🏻

Doesn't work on this rock-hard San Jose scale.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    jlmarta said:
    Yakster said:

Doesn't work on this rock-hard San Jose scale.
    Oooohh, bummer!  I guess I’m spoiled from living lo, these many years with fairly soft ground water and supplemented (unnecessarily, I’ve been told) by a water softener. 

Carry on, lads......  🤐
  • Options
    Dunno much about shower scale, but I do know about toilet rings. Hard water, rust, whatever...poop turned into cosmic concrete, you know. Nothing worked, always a damn ring. Then, one day I bought a $1 bottle of "Works" from the Dollar Store, I figured, "why the heck not"?
    Wouldn't you know it -best stuff on the planet. Man, this toilet bowl cleaner is amazing.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Going back to bed.
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    BKDog said:
    Dunno much about shower scale, but I do know about toilet rings. Hard water, rust, whatever...poop turned into cosmic concrete, you know. Nothing worked, always a damn ring. Then, one day I bought a $1 bottle of "Works" from the Dollar Store, I figured, "why the heck not"?
    Wouldn't you know it -best stuff on the planet. Man, this toilet bowl cleaner is amazing.
    If you take a little bit of that stuff and put it in a bottle with some shredded aluminum foil, it turns into a Gurkha lol 💣💥

thats all for this this installment of Tales of a Misspent Youth
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Smells great too lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a tire blowout on the way to work yesterday. 
    $600.00 for new tires, the buying freeze continues.  :/

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching the Sharks 🦈 and in typical fashion sloppy in the neutral zone 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered another cooler, grill parts, and bovedas, also have a ton of food prepped for dinner.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Vacuuming my humidors.
  • Options
    I found out that a Rubbermaid container filled two-thirds with 70 percent gel beads recharges Boveda better and faster than the water method I was previously using.
    As they start to go a little firm, I pop them in and they are back to full in a couple days.
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this makes sense or not, but this week has been at least a month long. Anyone else?
  • Options
    Not sure if this makes sense or not, but this week has been at least a month long. Anyone else?
    And some weeks have three or four Mondays in a row.....  😬
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farted!!! Yipee
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spent half of Monday putting old sales books through the new paper shredder.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replaced three of the 14 steps up a bank to my studio. 4" diameter locust x 16" long pinned into the bank by two 16"x 3/8 lengths of rebar. Nice to work outside
  • Options
    Watching X-Files for the 9th time.
  • Options
    So, I ripped the crotch in my favorite pair of jeans today.

Thankfully, I had on some thermal underpants in the form of Realtree camo and nobody noticed it.
    The next time I see Megan Fox on television, I will be certain to cover up.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Roasted up two pounds of coffee for the Muletown herf after beefing up the weatherstripping on the door into the garage.
    Post edited by Yakster on
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    BKDog said:
    So, I ripped the crotch in my favorite pair of jeans today.

Thankfully, I had on some thermal underpants in the form of Realtree camo and nobody noticed it.
    The next time I see Megan Fox on television, I will be certain to cover up.
    Hmmmm. Must not have been Levi’s..... 😬
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Roasting some Kenyan and picking up the hovel before the impending arrival of the housecleaners.