Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't fool us, Charlie, we know you'd have it no other way. :smile:

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29

On December 12 I ordered a belt, holster and mag pouch (all in horsehide) from a place called Kramer Leather. A big name in the custom holster world. I paid $455.12 for the set. Their website says due to the custom nature of the business the wait time is 14-16 weeks. On May 3rd I emailed them asking for an ETA on my order. I was told 2 weeks, by the 18th at the latest. I called them June 19th and was told they were working on my order. The woman took my number down and said she would verify with the craftsman working on my order and call me right back. I received no call back. It's been a total of 26+ weeks now. Im sitting here stewing on this. What are your thoughts?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29

They oversold, and their customer service folks are too **** to tell the truth on real lead time. By this I mean their script says lie like a rug, all is well. Your order will be fulfilled, but give it another 3 months. Im a **** so I ask direct questions. Up to you to cancel or hang in. Disclaimer, this solely my opinion and currently not based on any facts.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I could get my hands on some good horsehide I'd make my own and cancel the order. I just wanted to treat myself. If the had said 7 MO ths I still would have ordered, just wouldn't have expected it in 6 months time, that's all. Be honest, tell me it's gonna be another 2 or 3 months. Not the **** they've been shoveling me.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a loooong wait time @ShawnOL .

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang in there brother, if they are a reputable outfit it will be worth the wait.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    On December 12 I ordered a belt, holster and mag pouch (all in horsehide) from a place called Kramer Leather. A big name in the custom holster world. I paid $455.12 for the set. Their website says due to the custom nature of the business the wait time is 14-16 weeks. On May 3rd I emailed them asking for an ETA on my order. I was told 2 weeks, by the 18th at the latest. I called them June 19th and was told they were working on my order. The woman took my number down and said she would verify with the craftsman working on my order and call me right back. I received no call back. It's been a total of 26+ weeks now. Im sitting here stewing on this. What are your thoughts?

I went through something similar a few years back, ordered a S&W .22LR target pistol with the "Bull" barrel. I forget exactly how long, or how many times I enquired, but sometime after 9 months later it finally arrived. Long wait, but it sure shoots straight.

Funny, back then I could buy a "brick" of ammo, 500 rounds, for about $5 and change. Penny a pop made for nice Saturday afternoon entertainment. Those days are gone forever I guess.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been considering getting the Mantis X, to do some dry fire practice.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster , but did you shave?

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rsherman24 said:

Lost a tough one in the championship game this weekend. Finished second place but they had a blast

Nice!

What is the field surface?

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@rsherman24 said:
    Lost a tough one in the championship game this weekend. Finished second place but they had a blast

Nice!

What is the field surface?

Artificial turf of some kind (not cigar nubs)

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    @Yakster , but did you shave?

I trimmed back my beard a couple of weeks ago, but I may have to have another go at it so that it matches my haircut.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    I've been considering getting the Mantis X, to do some dry fire practice.

Best dry fire out there imho. I use the rifle and pistol ones almost daily. Super easy and the metrics are excellent and useful. Again, imho.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I lost my band removal tool at the herf, so today I had to make another one. These little blades are meant for cutting vinyl flooring I believe, but they need to be modified by knocking down the sharp edge of the part that rides against the wrapper and after that they are perfectly Suited to cut off a band.

Shingles

Yes, shingles, which makes me happy because that means they won't stop making them. I've watched flooring guys use them, but I think vinyl sheet flooring is going the way of the dinosaur, so if the roofers will still need them when I'm 113, I'll be happy.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

@peter4jc said:
    I lost my band removal tool at the herf, so today I had to make another one. These little blades are meant for cutting vinyl flooring I believe, but they need to be modified by knocking down the sharp edge of the part that rides against the wrapper and after that they are perfectly Suited to cut off a band.

Shingles

Also carpet and we use them on opening wire sheaths.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

@peter4jc said:

Shingles

Golf grips too

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much good info I love you guys

Geeze wrong link. Cut and paste error. Here's the right one. I tested it this time.

https://a.co/d/04IBv7FU

Needs a Milwaukee Fastback Flip, if the blades fit.