Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

@peter4jc said:
    I lost my band removal tool at the herf, so today I had to make another one. These little blades are meant for cutting vinyl flooring I believe, but they need to be modified by knocking down the sharp edge of the part that rides against the wrapper and after that they are perfectly Suited to cut off a band.

Shingles

I used to use the at work to cut paper tubes, lengthwise. Till someone cut themselves with one... (not me)

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Highland Games are at Grandfather Mountain this week. Supposed to be 40,000 folks up on Grandfather. 20 minutes from here. We went years ago to watch the track and field and the Border Collies. It usually rains. Got to go anywhere we have to go the back way.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:

Almost sunk the boat @Rdp77

I see new fly fishing lures in your future 😜

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8

tu[hwe klast timwe it weas suypgwer u[humid and aypgain today my klweyboard starts actinypg uypg and tu[his is weu[hat it klookls kliklwe./234

Edit, using my phone for this part: the last time it was super humid and again today my keyboard starts acting up and this is what it looks like.

I can't use the comma or the shift key because it opens up in a new window. I have a backup, the same model keyboard, and it's doing it too just not quite as bad.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks fine to me.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to tell my recently widowed Mother-in-Law that she is outspending her resources by a fairly large margin. Not looking forward to the conversation, and not exactly sure how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    I have to tell my recently widowed Mother-in-Law that she is outspending her resources by a fairly large margin. Not looking forward to the conversation, and not exactly sure how to proceed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Why does this fall on you?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

@Stubble said:

@TRayB said:

Why does this fall on you?

Because she asked me to be her financial advisor, for one, and for two, she's my wife's mother. I don't want to see her get into serious financial difficulties, even if I wasn't in the position I am in.

I would suggest spreadsheets showing income v. outgoing monies. Good luck....a whole bunch of good luck!

Will she follow a budget if you set one up for her?

She is engaging in shop therapy, pretty common in .my store. Lots of elderly retired folks here.

@Stubble said:
    Will she follow a budget if you set one up for her?

I think so, but I have to convince her that her resources are not as abundant as she thinks they are. Part of her actions seem to be an effort o make up for a perceived lack of generosity on her husband's part, as he was not stingy, but was looking out for her future without him, and limited her giving and spending.

@silvermouse said:
    She is engaging in shop therapy, pretty common in .my store. Lots of elderly retired folks here.

Quite possible, based on her checking account statement.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11

The biggest challenge is getting the one dog to patiently watch as the other works the puzzle. They really want to help uncover treats. It's really the puppy Gigi that needs training, Leah is fine with letting Gigi solve the puzzle alone.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    A lady called me a weasel for having her describe what she needed to know from a technician.

Never tease a weasel.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even once or twice?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Round and round the mulberry bush