Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Quote Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning. When we’re young, we define ourselves as much by the culture we disdain as by the culture we love. A pleasure of adulthood is letting some of that go.

--Melissa Kirsch

• Options

^ hard to know how to treat abusive people to good effect while avoiding being a door mat or abusive yourself.

• Options

People with more aggressive and psychopathic tendencies adopt hostile behaviors quickly, but they find it difficult to abandon these behaviors when they are no longer adaptive or practical.
    https://neurosciencenews.com/psychopathy-behavior-aggression-23739/

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

“Everyone is an a s s hole sometimes, including me!” Advice to a youth group I led a long time ago, trying to teach them the intricacies of Life!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

"I've found that pragmatic factual reality is little consolation to most people seeking advice."

--Me

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't know Schmidtocrates, you don't know schmidt.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

“No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.”
    -Oscar Wilde

• Options

"Patience, n. A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue"
    ― Ambrose Bierce

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

I'm not the only one subscribed to 1440?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@Rdp77 said:

I'm not the only one subscribed to 1440?

Nope lol

• Options
    edited September 2023

It is easy enough to offend the imbeciles with intolerance too.
    In either case what is involved is a judgemental attitude.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost all the moral as well as natural evils of human life arise from idleness; and were our species, by the original constitution of their frame, exempt from this vice or infirmity...men at once may fully reach that state of society which is so imperfectly attained by the best-regulated government.

--David Hume

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

“Shît, I had fun knocking the shït out of people” - Díck Butkus