Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Quote Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seneca:  ‘other vices affect our judgment, anger affects our sanity: others come in mild attacks and grow unnoticed, but men’s minds plunge abruptly into anger. … Its intensity is in no way regulated by its origin: for it rises to the greatest heights from the most trivial beginnings.’
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seneca:  ‘other vices affect our judgment, anger affects our sanity: others come in mild attacks and grow unnoticed, but men’s minds plunge abruptly into anger. … Its intensity is in no way regulated by its origin: for it rises to the greatest heights from the most trivial beginnings.’
    I think Senny musta married a redhead.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

So, it's not just me?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    OldGnomeOldGnome Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Yes, it is you, it's your fault, it's always your fault, it always will be your fault, and it never ends. Don't try and fight it... only makes it worse.
    Wow. How did you know the entire monologue?!?
    =-=-=-=
    Just an Old Gnome
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    webmost said:

So, it's not just me?
    Yes, it is you, it's your fault, it's always your fault, it always will be your fault, and it never ends. Don't try and fight it... only makes it worse.

<hangs head>  Damn...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Image may contain text
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Image may contain 1 person closeup text that says When the speech condemns a free press you are hearing the words of a tyrant - Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Image may contain text
  • Options

"I had found a kind of serenity, a new maturity. I didn't feel better or stronger than anyone else but it seemed no longer important whether everyone loved me or not - more important now was for me to love them. Feeling that way turns your whole life around; living becomes the act of giving."

~ Beverly Sills ~

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When you tell a lie, you have to sound like you believe it. Goes double for the ones you tell yourself."

- Joe Abercrombie
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Image may contain ocean sky outdoor and text
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A toxic person will never change.  They just change victims & blame everything on everybody else!
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    A toxic person will never change.  They just change victims & blame everything on everybody else!
    Mom, that you?
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone." ~Billy ****
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you drive like it's frozen all year round, you won't be surprised come October.    

Me...every October
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Where I was brought up, we never talked about money.  There was not enough money in the place to furnish a topic of conversation. " -- Mark Twain
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    A lie doesn't  become truth, wrong doesn't become right and evil doesn't  become good  just  because  it's accepted by a majority.  Booker T. Washington
  • Options

An education is not how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It is being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you do not know.

ANATOLE FRANCE

• Options
    The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

UNKNOWN

• Options
    What's the difference between a hooker and a  box of  chocolates.   Nothing, they are  both full of assorted creams.
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A local news site I visit has a quote of the day section as well.  I had not been there in a couple of days - just saw this from yesterday:

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

- Winnie the Pooh

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    No photo description available