Home General Discussion

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, Peter. We need to have a competition.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a second, WeaselFest is in Austin May 21st! Hmm buy tickets but then have the Austinit's cancel the event due to "Covid Concerns" with no refund like they did with South By Southwest...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is what it is. Put me down for a box @TX98Z28

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting on the Hyena!

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

The Tatuaje The Old Man and the C debuted in August 2012 and used the company’s Private Reserve blend, more commonly referred to as the Tatuaje Black Label. Each individual release contained a culebra, a vitola that twists three cigars together into a distinctive shape, as well as a 7 1/2 x 38 lancero, making for a total of four cigars in each set.

Now, the release will be offered in the Fausto blend, arguably Tatuaje’s strongest regular production offering. It uses an Ecuadorian habano maduro wrapper over Nicaraguan binders and fillers, and was made famous by its advertising that borrowed from the movie This is Spinal Tap when it proclaimed that “this one goes to 11.”

The Fausto line traces its roots back to 2009 when Johnson released the Tatuaje T110 as a single store release for R. Field Wine Co. in Hawaii. That cigar was a limited edition, noted as much for its dark wrapper as for its strong profile. It was based off another cigar that Johnson had made somewhat as a joke, the Thermonuclear, which gets its name from its abundance of strength.

In 2012, Tatuaje announced that the T110 blend would come back in the form of a regular production line named Fausto.

A total of 1,000 master cases are being released, with each case containing 10 coffins. Pricing has not been set yet, but Johnson told halfwheel that he anticipates pricing to be fairly close to what the original release was offered at, which was $30 before taxes. He said that will be arriving in stores in March, though didn’t have a specific date set yet.

This won’t be the first time that the Fausto blend has been released in a lancero vitola, as it was one of the cigars in the Tatuaje Lancero Sampler that debuted in 2014. Johnson said that while the blend has to be adjusted to for the size, it remains true and is full of flavor and strength.

The cigars are being made at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Cinco Vegas Nicaragua is out, blended by AJ.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Havana Soul IV back
    Comes in a lancero now as well

https://www.cigarking.com/deal-35-off-aj-fernandez-havana-soul-2020/

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Havana Soul IV back

Has anyone had this one yet? Was curious about it.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@Pacman84 said:

@NorCalR1 said:
    Havana Soul IV back

Has anyone had this one yet? Was curious about it.

Be careful there Paco, you can't ask about cigars on a cigar forum without being accused of dry begging.

Ah yes, forgot about that lol

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Hyena’s are loose. Skallywag pre-sale

• VisionVision Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Punch Kung Pow on SB

Color project the reckoning is back up at the fed. Hard to believe, but they just found some more at the warehouse 😆

They're worth the 45 spot, in case you're wondering. I bought another fiver today.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Hyena up at cfed

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are good.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

I second that @Yakster

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps I can help you acquire a box or three.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

Splitsies?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it will burn better than the Juarez.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@peter4jc said:

Splitsies?

Of course. Hoping we can do it in person during the Excellent Herf.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy ****, they didn't jack up the price. Still going to pass.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those new La Gloria spirit of the lady sound interesting. Cameroon binder Mexican filler. They sound interesting it’s just hard to get over the $15 sticker price.