Home General Discussion
Options

Upcoming cigar release

1666768697072»

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

SB running a warped Wednesday special, 20% off tonight only, discount code : WW
    And they have the el oso.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The copyright for Steamboat Willie, the first work featuring Mickey Mouse, expired in January. This month the LCA releases The Steamboat, a cigar featuring this artwork.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure did. I’ll have to dig through it and see what’s what.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

$7,115? Lol.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sherm must have been really low.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blue is a medium-bodied cigar with an old-world feel. It features a harmonious blend of a San Andrés Sumatra wrapper, an Ecuadorian Habano binder, and fillers from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. This exquisite combination delivers a creamy and sophisticated smoking experience.

My question is, what cigars may I have already had that have a San Andrés Sumatra aka Mexican Sumatra wrapper? I found that the Dutch brought Sumatra seeds with them to the San Andrés Valley in the 1950's, but I don't remember hearing about this wrapper before.

Paging the Cigar Professor, @Rdp77.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster Mexican San Andres is a catch all term for all different varietals of tobacco grown in one of the San Andres regions of Mexico (yes, one of). That’s why it varies so greatly. To be honest, it would be hard to give you an answer because too many manufacturers try to keep too many secrets and for some “Mexican” is still a bad word in the cigar industry.
    Everything from Sumatra to broadleaf to every varietal of what’s called habano is grown in Mexico and used. So my guess would be unless it specifically says what country; for example Ecuadorian Sumatra, Nicaraguan habano, I’d bet that it has ties to Mexico.

• Options

Got this email today. Looks interesting. Unfortunately no 5ers so I'll have to wait until they hit one of my b&ms.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Got this email today. Looks interesting. Unfortunately no 5ers so I'll have to wait until they hit one of my b&ms.

There are fivers for sale out there

• Options

Thanks, Rusty. Ordered a 5er each of the m81 blackened and s84 shade to black.