Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

OK, that's one of my WTF's up there.

Is this for real? Is it possible for someone to have their head so far up their own asss that they would even for one second truly suggest that list of idiotic ideas at a time like this?

The real question: Are California Voters truly stupid enough to vote for this egomaniac again? Good night! And I thought Trump was a megalomaniac, she's got him beat, hands down.

Sigh...perhaps these are indeed the "End Times". The end of common sense, if nothing else.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are, I'm going to start smoking my good **** first

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    NC just called off K-12 public schools through May 15th.

VA canceled K-12 for the semester. They won't be back in school until fall. From the county we used to live in when our kids were in K-12:

SCHOOL CLOSURE EXTENDED THROUGH END OF ACADEMIC YEAR

On Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Ralph Northam ordered all public schools in the Commonwealth of Virginia closed through the remainder of the 2019-20 school year because of the COVID-19 virus.

All activities are also canceled at this time. Schools and administrative offices are closed to the public.

All activities by outside organizations using LCPS facilities also are cancelled.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Here are some of Nancy's provisions that torpedoed the $2 Trill bailout bill yesterday:

Bail out all current Post Office debt
    Allow early voting
    Allow same day voter registration
    Paid time off for union members engaged in collective bargaining
    Stringent airline emissions requirements
    Reporting greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
    Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
    Federal $15 minimum wage
    Permanent paid leave
    A study on climate change mitigation efforts

and, of course, money for Planned Parenthood, and organization which annually contributes millions to the DNC

Once this thing goes thru, someone will no doubt compile one helluva list of all the pork that's in it.

What, no "assault weapons" ban? She must be getting senile.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know you're right, @peter4jc , but phrases that start with "Stomp a mudhole..." still keep resonating in my mind. Good grief, woman, put your country first, for once.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    I wonder what will happen to the cigar industry supply chain? I'm speaking about the planting, growing and harvesting of tobacco. Also the aging, fermenting, and rolling of cigars, the shipping of cigars from the rolling houses and the supply of cigar boxes. Might be time to get a few boxes or learn to roll your own.

Cigars may soon become as rare as toilet paper.....

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skydiverD said:

@First_Warrior said:
    I wonder what will happen to the cigar industry supply chain? I'm speaking about the planting, growing and harvesting of tobacco. Also the aging, fermenting, and rolling of cigars, the shipping of cigars from the rolling houses and the supply of cigar boxes. Might be time to get a few boxes or learn to roll your own.

Cigars may soon become as rare as toilet paper.....

Even if the virus got onto the leaves, id she become nonviable long before the aging process is over.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn they already got the next virus going

They're nothing if not efficient.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Hantavirus has been around for a long time, 1993, carried by mice and rats.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:

Craig Smith tells me all the rolling houses in the DR near him are shut

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing I'm flush.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@Yakster said:
    Hantavirus has been around for a long time, 1993, carried by mice and rats.

This is human to human transmission. That’s why I brought it up, one dead and 32 infected from riding on the same bus together.

Correction. 32 tested. They were all negative. The one dude was wallowing in rat pee and got himself killed.

@Wylaff said:
    Correction. 32 tested. They were all negative. The one dude was wallowing in rat pee and got himself killed.

Thanks Wylaff I missed that. Thought it said they were positive. I CNNed the hell outta that one. 😂

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@First_Warrior said:

Craig Smith tells me all the rolling houses in the DR near him are shut

I saw an article or 2 on DR factories closing. No doubt most or all will close temporarily. I have no idea how long of a shutdown until you see shortages ending up in retail (kind of like Bourbon, I guess... this year's batch is already aging and ready to ship, but next few years may be tighter).

Certainly boutiques will be hit harder. No built up supply. I also wonder what the workers will do temporarily (12-18mo). Will there be jobs in a rolling factory to come back to?

Just talking about cigars here, but no doubt many sectors here and globally will go through (or already are) the exact same scenario. Scary ****.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

I'm not one of those hardcore conservatives that drinks all of the FauxNews Kool aid, but I must say that the founders must be rolling in their graves. Who would have thought you'd ever read this in America, courtesy of my Nevada Governor:

Nevadans who are not living within the same household, working at or patronizing an essential business or providing essential services may not gather in groups of ten or more in any indoor or outdoor public area.

Shytê man, are we getting all of these rights back someday?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

Oh, and failure to comply "may result in civil or criminal penalties."

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, that is really hard to listen to. A major assault on the ears, as it were..... 😟

@VegasFrank said:
    I'm not one of those hardcore conservatives that drinks all of the FauxNews Kool aid, but I must say that the founders must be rolling in their graves. Who would have thought you'd ever read this in America, courtesy of my Nevada Governor:

Nevadans who are not living within the same household, working at or patronizing an essential business or providing essential services may not gather in groups of ten or more in any indoor or outdoor public area.

Shytê man, are we getting all of these rights back someday?

That’s when the question becomes if it doesn’t go back what are we as a people going to do about it?

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

That’s when the question becomes if it doesn’t go back what are we as a people going to do about it?

Probably nothing. The people of the United States are sheep.
    They will complain for a while, even some groups will rebel, but in the end, they will do nothing and the fat cat politicians know this.

Some states my revert back on their own. But states like Oregon and California will try and hang onto that power as long as they can. They will cite some BS or another to maintain the restrictions.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://mostlycajun.com/wordpress/?p=45226

From mostly cajun. He's worth a read...

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes total sense to me, @Trykflyr_1

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

Probably nothing. The people of the United States are sheep.
    They will complain for a while, even some groups will rebel, but in the end, they will do nothing and the fat cat politicians know this.

Some states my revert back on their own. But states like Oregon and California will try and hang onto that power as long as they can. They will cite some BS or another to maintain the restrictions.

29+Million Texans ain't gonna follow stuff for much longer I can tell y'all. A lot of people getting pissed off calling it another "Swine Flu", most people I've talked to in stores or in the neighborhood on a walk think it's a bunch of BS, probably around 90% or more. Clearly this varies state to state but are states just not seeing the cases nor death rates of others, it's also over 100*F in the sun already so logic says the virus doesn't like heat. Keeping the Economy shutdown in Texas ain't gonna fly.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

A former Superintendent for the school district and also my neighbor died 2 days ago, lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer, caught it to late. Do to the groups of 10 rules and social distancing, also County restrictions etc. his family was denied to be able to have a funeral. This is wrong! A line needs to be drawn...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.