Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Anybody seen any "I survived the corona virus" T shirts yet? You can be damned sure that people will be stocking up on everything for the next decade.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Yes, closed for the summer. We'll get by and I am chilling for the first time in 30 years. Apart from the general social anxiety and concern over health issues it is grand.

• Options
    edited March 2020

@TX98Z28 said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    More of my opinion.

Comparing the common flu to the new virus is like comparing apples and pears. Yeah, they both grow on trees, have a stem, have little dark seeds, and neither are citrus, but they don't look, feel or taste the same. There ARE big differences. So, to compare the regular old flu to this new flu in order to equate the potential outcomes,...…… don't make no sense.

What ARE the big differences?

Also, the seasonal flu does not spread as fast, allowing for medical care if needed. And it still kills tons of people. This new virus is predicted to spread so fast that it spikes in cases needing care in numbers so large we can't handle them all.

And if we're all OK with a big gruesome die-off, in a short timeframe, I can respect that. I can understand that we really want to have life go back to normal, and not deal with this crap.

We are being asked to magically save lives by hunkering down like a rabbit and wait. And that is SO not cool. We don't want to do that at ALL!

I hope we are doing enough shutdowns. I hope we haven't sacrificed this much, only to be too late after all. And I would love to be dead wrong about a lot of this, and realize later on, that it wasn't that bad after all.

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, closed for the summer. We'll get by, like everyone else lose a bunch of income and retirement savings. Chilling for the first time in 30 years, apart from the general social anxiety and health concerns.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shelter in Place for Illinois, starting tomorrow.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

People are already starting to calm down from the dangerous panic here in the Greater Houston Area. Stores restocking etc. I'm going to go lay mulch...not be scared to death. Go live life people take your pre cautions if you feel thats what you need to do.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

Heres something we ALL can agree on, fvck you China and YOUR damn virus!!!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that I have my reservations, however, if the pictures we're seeing from Italy are real, this is a different kind of threat. I don't know if all this shut down stuff will work, but I'm pretty sure the only way to find out is if everyone cooperates as much as possible.

I'm also pretty sure that this doesn't mean get out with the kids while you're off work and head to Walmart to empty the shelves of provisions you won't need for some months to come, because we already have that.

So, I'm betting everyone has at least a couple of months worth of projects that they've been putting of until they had time.

You've got time.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

So, I'm betting everyone has at least a couple of months worth of projects that they've been putting of until they had time.

You've got time.

Yeah but,..... Then I'd need to go to Home Depot.

• Options

I enjoyed the President's opening statement yesterday when he called it the Chinese Virus. Gotta give the press what they need. Somebody's job is to call him on that. He's saving jobs.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate living in Illinois even more than I already did.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how this virus will affect the cigar industry?

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    They get rid of the corona vitola.

I hope not 🥺

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only positive to this is we are the last county in N.J. that has no reported cases yet. But it's only a matter of time.

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a wonderful new-to-me mold for the corona vitola. I have new leaves on hand, and more coming. Gonna combine Esteli seco, Piloto viso, T-13 viso, and some Honduran. I have good confidence in all these. Once they get here, I am going to devise me a killer blend, and roll up a huge batch of coronas. I'm going to band it like so:

Time we get done with all this, these Wuhan coronas should be aged, ready to spark. Looking forward to it.

Never tried that Baijiu. Got to get some in stock for the day.

Hopefully, the Olympics won't get axed.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very troubling and just bullshit. SMH

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

How will it affect the cigar industry?
    Cigar coop had Charlie minato from halfwheel saying that they will cancel PCA and something like 10% of B&Ms might close down... so support your local cigar place as best you can ... I guess

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also initial reports from Wuhan shows mortality may be 20 x higher than influenza ( a disease responsible for over 30 K deaths annually). Initially these data were presumed to inflated, however the world health organization is saying global mortality numbers seem to support this.
    This is the concern driving international efforts

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

PCA was on the ropes already with large companies pulling out last year.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

Trade you Illinois for California...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

@NorCalR1 said:

@Patrickbrick said:

Trade you Illinois for California...

Both y'all come move to Texas B)

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I know it's from CNN, but this is an op Ed by the former CDC director. If nothing else, read the four bullet points near the top, which directly answer questions from the Friday night vherf

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/coronavirus-response-must-adapt-frieden-analysis/index.html

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody should be worried about anything especially when the Tweeto Messiah is taking medical guidance and advice from Laura Ingraham.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I counted five bullet points and, yes, it is CNN. (Please keep that in mind). 🤓