Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drudgereport is squawking about 18 months of this kind of life. National Guard chief is predicting "tens of thousands" being deployed. I can see the requirement for special authorization to leave home on the horizon. This does not bode well for our personal freedom nor our country as a whole.

Over the last few decades people have forgotten how to think rationally or maintain basic human consideration for others. The "Me First" paradigm society has developed may well be its downfall.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our college is finally closing down. Online classes only, working from home.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the good side of things......Traffic is light.
    Takes me 10 mins less to get home from work.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

They’re having a test run for us of people working from home on Saturday.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been told come Saturday a nation wide quarantine for two weeks will take place.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Governor here said to expect the schools to continue to be closed at the end of the initial two weeks

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Las Vegas strip Tonite

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

U of DE closed down. Classes are to be continued on line. However: On line closed too. Apparently, the virus can Skype.

Yesterday, I went to the bank. A teller emerged & shortstopped me at the entrance. Said I should use the drive-thru. I said if I went inside, we'd have the counter between us, & we'd be twice as far away as we were for him to tell me that. He said "We're just trying to do our part." I asked "Your part of what? Panic?" He was unable to answer.

Went to the post office to return a package that the official USPS pet elephant had sat on. They kept me waiting 45 minutes in a busy lobby beside a line of patrons... but the clerks wore respirators and latex gloves. Masks and gloves the hospital might use. Told me the reason for my long wait was "procedure". When I complained about their procedure, she thought I had an attitude.

Stopped by the step-daughter's house. She is sposed to be working from home. Has two teenage sons and a daughter, lives in the tiniest 3 bedroom house. No room for a home office. She's setting on the couch with a laptop on the hassock & can't get nuthin done. I felt bad, cause I have three home offices.

Grand-daughter called from Utah. Her crippled legs are developing "divots" in 'em. Can't find a doctor anywhere in the whole retarded state to help with adult cerebral palsy. They all specialize in children. Adults are left to their own devices. Closest she can find is a chiropractor. But no one wants to make an appt.

Today's gonna climb into the 70s. I'll be in my home office out in the cedar lined smoking porch. Might do something in the yard. Have a KLR in the garage needs the carb rebuilt. UFC is free on YouTube, available on the garage TV. A 30 pack of Coors in the beer fridge, conveniently located right below the toob. Sounds like a full, busy day's activities.

Right now, I got a couple gars to wrap.

Enjoy.

the porch:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Iv'e had it with this virus $hit...We can't live in fear of living life just because of the very very small possibility of getting "the virus". A virus which has been proven to be no worse than the common cold to a bad case of the influenza. Go live life!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone should be asking all senators how their stocks are doing. Oh that's right some sold while getting information not available to the public then they turn around and tell all the sheeps its a hoax and don't worry sheepeoples everything is ok and we are here to save you. It will be gone in a few days and we will be back to normal.

Meanwhile Larry Kudlow is telling everyone to buy, buy, buy. Maybe he was snorting the white zombie again.

If you think any Politician gives a crap about you or your well being all you have to do is look at this example of how much they really care.. It's all about their personnel wealth and the 2020 presidential election which is the main prize.

I would not be surprised if some political wacko is doing a study on whether the virus is killing more democrats or republicans.

It's all fake news. Your 401k is fine. You will have a job next week and the govt. is going to pay all your bills for you.

Wake up
    Grab a brush and put a little (makeup)
    Grab a brush and put a little
    Hide the scars to fade away the (shakeup)
    Hide the scars to fade away the
    Why'd you leave the keys upon the table?
    Here you go create another fable

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^and the reason they were so slow in rolling out the test kits is because if everyone got tested and realized everyone wasn't infected they couldn't instill as much panic. I don't actually believe that, but lots of people would.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

The high ups in my company have been sayin since 2016 that there would be a downturn or recession in 19/20. So last August is sold 90% of my stocks, just in case. My CEO is very smart and completely down to earth, he’s Swiss. My wife didn’t listen to me. Just this morning she told me that now she is regretting it.
    My regret is like Peter mentioned, I should have hid the money back and used it to buy the low stocks coming then in a few years I could have doubled my money.

Perspective: “The economic devastation that is now playing out before our eyes is not caused by the Wuhan flu virus. In the last 21 days, approximately 162,000 Americans have died. Of that number, 150 were killed by the Wuhan virus.” —John Hinderaker

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

The name of this thread should be changed to Caronavirus Opinion, for obvious reasons.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    That's your opinion, Bob.

...waiting for the Big Lebowski meme...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed it.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

More of my opinion.

Comparing the common flu to the new virus is like comparing apples and pears. Yeah, they both grow on trees, have a stem, have little dark seeds, and neither are citrus, but they don't look, feel or taste the same. There ARE big differences. So, to compare the regular old flu to this new flu in order to equate the potential outcomes,...…… don't make no sense.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    More of my opinion.

Comparing the common flu to the new virus is like comparing apples and pears. Yeah, they both grow on trees, have a stem, have little dark seeds, and neither are citrus, but they don't look, feel or taste the same. There ARE big differences. So, to compare the regular old flu to this new flu in order to equate the potential outcomes,...…… don't make no sense.

What ARE the big differences?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@miller65rod said:
    Well there is an obvious one.

No vaccine.

Yeah, but the flu vaccine is hit or miss

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@TX98Z28 said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    More of my opinion.

What ARE the big differences?

The rate of spread is the big difference. Did you see how fast the US map of the states with confirmed cases filled in just this week? And that rate is tied to the another big difference, the incubation period, during which continued undetected spread is ongoing. Confirmed cases are exponentially rising, and you can bet that undetected cases are exponentially rising in an extreme way.

Yes it is everyone reacts differently but there is a vaccine.

I look at all of this differently than many. Just look around at all that is occurring I have not seen anything like this in my lifetime. You have entire states asking people to lockdown. Whether it is right or wrong will be determined in the coming months. Myself I am taking it seriously. Once more data is available then everyone can decide for themselves. But for anyone to think this is going away next week or next month may be living a dream IMO.

If you listen to the medical experts they expect the numbers to explode. I hope they are wrong. But if they are right I wonder what many of the non believers will be saying then and there are many.

I have my barometer. Anytime I believe in hope for the American people I just need to go to Walmart to have my mind changed.

The line to get into the Walmart near me this am was 500+ deep. WTF.

I went to the grocery store near me last night at 1am. There was no beef, pork, chicken or anything available. Freezer isles empty.

It's crazy. One thing is for sure it will end one day and we will return to normalcy. The question will be what is left in the aftermath business wise and jobs wise. It may be an ugly situation. Time will tell.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

@silvermouse said:
    The Corona Virus has mutated and is now attacking brain cells. Most of you are safe!!

Edward you have your own business don't you? Is it ask risk? Just curious. You can choose to answer or not I would fully understand.

TYIA

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?