Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy St Patty's Day

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sleddog46 said:
    ^Plus in N.J. we are under 8pm to 5am curfew!!!!

"This is not a curfew, but it is strongly recommended and travel is strongly discouraged. If you don't need to be on the roads, you should not be on the roads," he said.

Murphy signed an executive order Monday that mandates all non-essential retail, recreational, and entertainment businesses cease daily operations at 8 p.m. every night. He also mobilized the New Jersey National Guard "to assist in our efforts in any way necessary."

What's roads got to do with it? Do you catch this from asphalt? How does who deem a business to be non-essential? What's the National Guard for? Is this, in effect, martial law in peace time? 176 people have this flu in Jersey. On any given day, how many people ordinarily have the flu in Jersey? When does government exceed a) it's authority, and/or b) the circumstance?

What a wonderful opportunity to find out.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any excuse to seize more power and reduce freedoms of the people.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is, in effect, martial law. Get used to it for I fear this will soon become the norm, comrades....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Won't have to move my fleet of cars on the street every 72 hours for the next few weeks!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Waiting for our family meeting tonight to find out how strict home martial law will be.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just announced today for Harris County Texas... All restaurants are take out or drive thru only, all bars/night clubs completely closed! This is wrong! We only have 30 confirmed cases in Harris (Houston), Montgomery, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Galveston, Matagortia Counties...My State only has 77 confirmed cases and Texas is fvcking HUGE! This is going to CRUSH the states economy!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    Happy St Patty's Day

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you as well. Don't forget to wear green tomorrow!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

The world has just gone bat $h!t crazy since I caught the boat.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Around here Dollar General is doing a similar thing. Their first hour open is for 55+.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do mornings, I just prefer to do them in bed.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

supermarket was weird, couldn't figure out why at first. Not many people first thing in the morning but those who were there acted strangely. Oddly quiet, there was no music playing, no one was talking on their phones or with each other.
    The ravaged aisles half-bare, people were getting stuff, not shopping, I think they were in shock and numb. Like a scene in a zombie movie.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 confirmed cases in Fairbanks. Yahoos who traveled to " areas with high ...cases" and didn't bother to isolate themselves. County is basically shut down. Upside is there's virtually no traffic.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited March 2020

In Kentucky, a man who tested positive for COVID-19 refuses to shelter-in-place so the Sheriff's are parked outside his house to force compliance.

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/county-sheriff-says-deputies-are-enforcing-quarantine-of-man-with-covid-19

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I needed to go to Rural King, which is a farm / general supply store for those who don't know. Plenty of older folks out with kids, Gramps and Grandma babysitting kids "at home" from school.

Got to the gun aisle and people were lined up. Several buying guns, "just in case", some guy in line on his phone taking orders for ammo from friends, "just in case". All 22LR shells are gone, no 30-30 rounds on the shelf.

Picked up a couple of the last boxes of 38S, "just in case". In case the city zombies come and try and rob me of my toilet paper, I guess.

Well, actually I was going to buy a couple boxes a few weeks ago and forgot, but hey, why not get in on the craze?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw an article last night that the Kentucky derby is,going to be postponed for the first time in its history. Don't know how reliable it is but Damn!!!!!!!

You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options

Nextdoor.com is a site enabling communications with your neighbors with email updates and web posting. Mostly it's whining and ****, but lately I've seen one person offer a box of TP to any elderly neighbors and other threads helping people find eggs on store shelves and providing information about senior shopping hours at a local high-end grocery store.

Might be worth signing up for a bit if you're not already. Be prepared to hear about every porch pirate, homeless encampment, dog popping on someone's yard, etc. though.

• Options

West Coast Cigar is now offering "Grab & Go" and delivery.

We are offering Grab & Go services - Our employee will meet you in the parking lot by the rear door entrance to the shop, get your order and pull it for you. We apologize but no one will be allowed to stay on premises after purchase, we appreciate your understanding and co-operation on this.

Starting this Saturday we will offer deliver for a $10 delivery fee, within 20 miles of the shop, call the shop for details and to place your order - cards will be charged over the phone at time of purchase.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see the email about the Honduran cigar factories?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the end of today every slot machine in Nevada will be powered down. Sh*t be crazy.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

on the plus side a lot of self-destructive endorphin-releasing money and time wasting behavior is being disrupted: gambling, shopping-therapy, the bar scene....

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    on the plus side a lot of self-destructive endorphin-releasing money and time wasting behavior is being disrupted: gambling, shopping-therapy, the bar scene....

The down side is that I have all of this time to waste and no endorphin-releasing behaviors to waste it on.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

lol^
    and thing of how much free time we would have if the internet went down for all but essential activity too....