Home Non Cigar Related

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    A former Superintendent for the school district and also my neighbor died 2 days ago, lost his battle with Pancreatic Cancer, caught it to late. Do to the groups of 10 rules and social distancing, also County restrictions etc. his family was denied to be able to have a funeral. This is wrong! A line needs to be drawn...

Damn that is terrible.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw somewhere that they basically performed a remote funeral for someone. I believe immediate family was able to be there but max of 10 people...not sure if that is possible in all cases, but perhaps it is an option...

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

@deadman said:

That’s when the question becomes if it doesn’t go back what are we as a people going to do about it?

Probably nothing. The people of the United States are sheep.
    They will complain for a while, even some groups will rebel, but in the end, they will do nothing and the fat cat politicians know this.

Some states my revert back on their own. But states like Oregon and California will try and hang onto that power as long as they can. They will cite some BS or another to maintain the restrictions.

29+Million Texans ain't gonna follow stuff for much longer I can tell y'all. A lot of people getting pissed off calling it another "Swine Flu", most people I've talked to in stores or in the neighborhood on a walk think it's a bunch of BS, probably around 90% or more. Clearly this varies state to state but are states just not seeing the cases nor death rates of others, it's also over 100*F in the sun already so logic says the virus doesn't like heat. Keeping the Economy shutdown in Texas ain't gonna fly.

When I said "some states", Texas was the first state that crossed my mind.
    Texas is it's own entity.
    We are getting hit with it quite a bit. So yes, people here are taking it very seriously.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, one of the guys on our crew was out sick today with a fever and a cough. I've been work with him for the last couple of months....We shall see.

After working in the cold, rain, wind all day.....I kinda wish I was under the house arrest like most.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update on supply chain for coffee producing countries as of 20-MAR-20

https://royalcoffee.com/covid-19-updates-for-coffee-buyers/

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Santa Clara County extended school closures until May 1st. Lockdown will probably follow suit

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    Well. We’ve got a confirmed case at work, and this morning I developed chest congestion and lost my sense of smell and taste. I am now quarantined at home. If I get better by Monday they will call it the flu and I’m free to go. If I don’t then I will be sent to Carson City for testing. What worries me is that I typically bounce back quickly, but even with a confirmed case in the same building they won’t test for it and will let me go back to work. This is how **** spreads...

Man hang in there. Hoping worst case it is the flu. Agreed, people need to stay the fvck home when they feel they have come down with anything.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is true or not, but I'm told that former TN Senator Bob Corker crawled out from under his rock to opine that people over 60 who are retired should return to work and take the viral hit, sacrificing themselves for the good of the economy.

Two words for Bob: You First.

To be completely fair I've had NO use for Senator Bob since roughly 1978 when he proposed that motorcycles be banned because the government couldn't afford the long term care for all the people in nursing homes due to head injuries sustained while riding.

I don't recall his reaction to learning that more people in long term care for head injury were there because of automobile accidents, slipping in the shower, getting hit in the head with a golf ball, falling off a horse, falling off a barstool, hmm...there were a couple others I can't remember right now. I'm reasonably sure he didn't propose legislation banning driving automobiles, taking showers, playing golf, etc.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Hospital just called and said they are now locking down. Only one entrance where I will be screen at arrival and patients only so not even my wife can come with me anymore.

@Wylaff hoping it’s just the flu and you’ll be better in a couple days.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

Praying for you Wayne @Wylaff

Costco TP Tracker

https://costco97.com/costco-tp-tracker/

The six products we currently track are:
    Toilet paper
    Paper towels
    Disinfecting wipes
    Water
    Rice
    Lysol

@Wylaff said:
    Well. We’ve got a confirmed case at work, and this morning I developed chest congestion and lost my sense of smell and taste. I am now quarantined at home. If I get better by Monday they will call it the flu and I’m free to go. If I don’t then I will be sent to Carson City for testing. What worries me is that I typically bounce back quickly, but even with a confirmed case in the same building they won’t test for it and will let me go back to work. This is how **** spreads...

Kindly refrain from coughing on the keyboard ... we don't need to catch it
    & for that matter, when you V-Herf, try to cover your microphone with a mask

We old grumps always appreciate all the social distancing we can get.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was listening to a local doctor equate self quarantine with a covid 19 test, while at home, you'll develop obvious and worsening symptoms, or not. That is a test. Those were not his words but, this sucks. They want us to develop definitive symptoms of distress before they'll waste a test on us? We don't have enough tests to be proactive? Maybe we don't. It's like the old-school quicksand scenes on TV but the rescue protocol is to do nothing until we sink up to our eyeballs first.

We don't have enough tests to be proactive.

The deal is, you don't have any active to complete the word "pro-active". Let's say we tested all 350 million of us today, and, for the sake of argument, 2 million were to test positive. Now let's get active: What are you going to do for them?

Thimk:

1) How many of those 10m already got over it?
    2) How many will have no symptoms?
    3) What treatment do we have?
    4) How many of the 340m who tested negative yesterday will test positive tomorrow?

I just don't get the test test test obsession, other than something for the bad news merchants to dwell on. If you feel sick, maybe then figure out what you have. If not, what are you worried about?

If you feel sick stay home. If you can't hardy breathe

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like how every stinkin' business I've ever done business within the last few decades needs to now send me emails about their response to COVID-19. That's great, and thank you very much! The ziplock bags I bought from your site one time 12 years ago now warrant an email, that's nothing more than a not-so-cleverly disguised gimmick to draw my attention back to your scumbag business? Harumph.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

Praying for you Wayne.

edited March 2020

@webmost said:

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    The deal is, you don't have any active to complete the word "pro-active". Let's say we tested all 350 million of us today, and, for the sake of argument, 2 million were to test positive. Now let's get active: What are you going to do for them?

Thimk:

1) How many of those 10m already got over it?
    2) How many will have no symptoms?
    3) What treatment do we have?
    4) How many of the 340m who tested negative yesterday will test positive tomorrow?

I just don't get the test test test obsession, other than something for the bad news merchants to dwell on. If you feel sick, maybe then figure out what you have. If not, what are you worried about?

I work with 750 engineers who think the same way. They can't take the first step of a large scale project until all the steps through the end can be clearly seen and mapped out.

Sounds sensible, but it's crippling. Large scale projects never get done because they never get started, even when the beginning steps are obvious and easy.

The message from the CDC is to lower the spike or whatever, right? Ok, the only way to contain the spread is to know the spread. That's where the tests are crucial. Since we don't have effective testing, we have lockdowns instead. "Well, we can't test for cv19, so let's criminalize groups of 10 or more" like in nv.

Funny how the day after schip went into effect all of our cigars cost 42 cents more. Funny how when pot was legalized, 20 dispensaries here in LV were fully stocked for business on day 1. But little chem strips for coronavirus? Nah. That's gonna take us 12 months. In fact. I bet that you won't get tested until it's no longer a threat. Why? There's no money in it.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to the Chiropractor this morning...had to be temperature tested with some ray gun thing. They said it’s to see if I had a fever. I think I’d know pretty quickly if I had a fever, sweating etc. before even leaving the house...

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    edited March 2020

California and the IRS have postponed the due date for 2019 income taxes to July 15th 2020.

This gives identity thieves more time to collect on your return.

@TX98Z28 said:
    Went to the Chiropractor this morning...had to be temperature tested with some ray gun thing. They said it’s to see if I had a fever. I think I’d know pretty quickly if I had a fever, sweating etc. before even leaving the house...

I've got one of those IR thermometers in the garage somewhere, I'm going to start shooting my family with it once I find it.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep us updated Wayne. Hopefully it's only a flu or cold.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

@Bob_Luken said:
    I was listening to a local doctor equate self quarantine with a covid 19 test, while at home, you'll develop obvious and worsening symptoms, or not. That is a test. Those were not his words but, this sucks. They want us to develop definitive symptoms of distress before they'll waste a test on us? We don't have enough tests to be proactive? Maybe we don't. It's like the old-school quicksand scenes on TV but the rescue protocol is to do nothing until we sink up to our eyeballs first.

Quoting myself to clarify. I'm not suggesting everyone should be tested at this point. I am not seeking to be tested. I did not go to the doctor. I have no symptoms. I saw a doctor on TV at a local press conference. And I was aware that tests are limited, so my question about tests was basically rhetorical but prompted by Wayne's situation. @wylaf has symptoms, and has worked in proximity of someone who did test positive, but they wouldn't or couldn't test Wayne and simply sent him home to wait and see if he got better or worse. Apparently we don't have even enough tests to test anybody until they get sick enough for it to be ridiculously obvious that they already have covid 19.