Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Of course there is this from the article itself

Rutgers’ policy differentiates between a “fully online degree-granting program” and “classes that are fully remote” but part of a course where other students are on campus, as in Hollar’s case.

Devlin told the site that staff “continue to work” helping students apply for waiver requests for medical or religious reasons — while conceding they “should expect a two-to four-week turnaround, during which time they will not have access to university systems.”

The kid intentionally tested the system hoping he would get press, which he did. Mission accomplished.

How do you judge his intentions? What if his intention was to bring press to a dumb policy which dumbass school administrators thrust upon him?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Of course there is this from the article itself

Rutgers’ policy differentiates between a “fully online degree-granting program” and “classes that are fully remote” but part of a course where other students are on campus, as in Hollar’s case.

Devlin told the site that staff “continue to work” helping students apply for waiver requests for medical or religious reasons — while conceding they “should expect a two-to four-week turnaround, during which time they will not have access to university systems.”

The kid intentionally tested the system hoping he would get press, which he did. Mission accomplished.

How do you judge his intentions? What if his intention was to bring press to a dumb policy which dumbass school administrators thrust upon him?

I don't see how your statement there is any different than my statement. Yes is intention was to bring press to the policy that he didn't like. The dumbass terminology is yours and yours alone.

Colleges requiring vaccines have been a thing since colleges and vaccines were a thing. My university required proof of meningitis vaccine before I could step on campus to register.

I guess you didn't actually read the article. The administration said that they sent a bunch of warnings and a bunch of information to all of the students to make sure that they were aware of the policy.

Finally it should be pointed out that the kid was not a global campus student. He was a student taking remote classes. As a student taking remote classes, you have all of the access to the campus, student areas, counselor areas, instructor offices, courtyard and food court, bookstore, and every other area of any student who is taking classes there. That's why The school requires the shot for those students.

Oh, honor system, I promise I won't come to campus. Pfft. No dice brother.

Rutgers is the state University of New Jersey. It is run by the state in a campus is state property. The rules are the rules. He was notified of a thousand times before the rule went into effect and now he's crying about how the rule is being equally applied to him as it is to everybody else. Boo hoo.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The rules are the rules" doesn't make dumbass rules sacrosanct.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@webmost said:
    "The rules are the rules" doesn't make dumbass rules sacrosanct.

It does in new Jersey

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard Joe Rogan caught some shìt cause he had covid and treated it with ivermectin. Tested negative in 4 days with minimal side effects from the virus.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently if it is caught early enough it is useful (if the meta analysis of some British studies are true)

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

As with everything you have to follow the money and Ivermectin is a very cheap drug.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

My biggest issue here is that too many folks will look for a cure/treatment to avoid prevention. If you had to walk through a hallway of razors to get to your front door, would you just keep putting bandaids on the wounds or get out the orbital sander and take the edges off of those razors?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

But that's the way of modern man... I don't have to worry about X; I don't want to change my diet/lifestyle, I'll take the medication after I get X. You can substitute COVID, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, or any number of maladies for X. People are trained to avoid self-discipline and rely on a pill when they're sick. We don't promote wellness as much as we treat sickness.

Specifically to COVID, how often did we hear anyone talking about ensuring our immune system was strong, that we spent time outdoors in the sun or that we should supplement w/ Vit D, etc? It was always "we have a vaccine coming", which was, of course, a good message but it should've been in conjunction with messages that would help keep one healthy in the first place. IOW, my answer to your razor blade scenario would be "both... I'll do both".

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited September 2021

@peter4jc - very true. Everything has a pill these days. Just slap a band-aid on it, take a pill and move on. Not sure I agree with the second paragraph. While I agree that a healthy lifestyle is a good thing, healthy people, who eat well and exercise often have been taken down by Covid.

That also only addresses the "me" in the picture. I got vaccinated to protect myself, sure. But I also got vaccinated to protect the people around me. My older family members, my immunocompromised friends, the strangers that I pass throughout my day that may not be vaccinated for valid reasons. I'm protecting them as well. Whether I know them or not.

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    But that's the way of modern man... I don't have to worry about X; I don't want to change my diet/lifestyle, I'll take the medication after I get X. You can substitute COVID, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, or any number of maladies for X. People are trained to avoid self-discipline and rely on a pill when they're sick. We don't promote wellness as much as we treat sickness.

Specifically to COVID, how often did we hear anyone talking about ensuring our immune system was strong, that we spent time outdoors in the sun or that we should supplement w/ Vit D, etc? It was always "we have a vaccine coming", which was, of course, a good message but it should've been in conjunction with messages that would help keep one healthy in the first place. IOW, my answer to your razor blade scenario would be "both... I'll do both".

The difference with covid, and where the fight starts, Is that having a poor diet and not taking your medications causes your heart to blow up and you die. Failing to take precautions with the pandemic puts everybody you've come into contact with at risk. You might be exposing to diabetic asthmatic person to covid as an asymptomatic carrier, and that puts them at much greater risk and it does for you, who is otherwise perfectly healthy and not in a risk category.

That, my friend, is putting the good of the one ahead of the good of the many. Spock would not be proud.

• Options

NEW & NOTEWORTHY Active forms of vitamin D and lumisterol can inhibit SARS-CoV-2 replication machinery enzymes, which indicates that novel vitamin D and lumisterol metabolites are candidates for antiviral drug research.

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpendo.00174.2021

• Options
    edited September 2021

In other words, go outside. Lololol

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no "prevention", Rob, just a moderately useful "vaccine".

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Just a moderately useful "vaccine" that serves to "prevent" SARS-CoV2 infection.

"A person with two doses of MMR vaccine has about an 88% reduction in risk for mumps; a person with one dose has a 78% reduction in risk for mumps." - CDC

"One dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella." - CDC

"85% effective at preventing any form of varicella
    almost 100% effective against severe varicella" - CDC

"Overall vaccine effectiveness of a single dose of MenACWY-D against meningococcal disease caused by serogroups A, C, W, or Y among adolescents in the United States is estimated at 69% (95% confidence interval [CI]: 51%–80%) in the 8 years after vaccination: 77% (95% CI: 57%–88%) against serogroup C and 51% (95% CI: 1%–76%) against serogroup Y (178)." - CDC

Why bother getting any vaccines?

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    There is no "prevention", Rob, just a moderately useful "vaccine".

I don't know about that bro. There's a shitload of prevention that you can do. I think this all comes down to the fact that American culture is ripe with don't tell me what to do attitudes. It's only been like that for 250 years. People wanted vaccines for 12 months until they were told they had to have them. Now That they have to have them, they don't want them anymore.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honest thought. Do those who are against being vaccinated wear seat belts?

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Are those that are for vaccine mandates use their cell phones while driving.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@IndustMech said:

@Vision said:

Ooooooo good one. Touché.

• Options

@Vision said:

@IndustMech said:

@Vision said:

Ooooooo good one. Touché.

I don't. It is illegal in Nevada. Probably a good thing, but I see plenty of people who still do it.

• Options

@IndustMech said:

@Vision said:

But to answer your question. No, never, ever….. I said it. It’s on the internet. FACT!

• Options

Why do I have to get vaccinated to protect you who is vaccinated?

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

so you don't spread it to other unvaccinated people?

• Options
    edited September 2021

@silvermouse said:

I didnt spread it and now I have natural immunity

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    edited September 2021

Thanks for being careful, Nick.

Went to the supermarket to buy some bleach. Price has jumped from about $2.29 to $7.76.

• Options

Hey, Nick, @Usaf06 , a serious question: Why are LEOs among the most vaccine reluctant?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:

I didnt spread it and now I have natural immunity

But... But.... Natural immunity may change. Here. Have this shot anyways. Because if you don't your a crackpot who is trying to kill my grandma.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...