Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

But... But.... Natural immunity may change. Here. Have this shot anyways. Because if you don't your a crackpot who is trying to kill my grandma.

Natural immunity doesn't work the same with a lab created virus, maybe. You need the lab created vaccine.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

What makes her so mad? If she likes the shot, she can go get the shot. Then all her better numbers on her iPad will apply to her. No need to get all consternated about the other guy. If he wants to be innumerate for whatever reason, good or bad, that's his odds. Save the F bombs for when it counts.

It's like all these young guys riding crotch rockets accelerating zero to suicide in an eyeblink three feet from the bumper in front of them. I don't care what they do. I don't ride like that, myself. All they do is soak up the bad stats which don't apply to me. Let 'em.

The only kind of freedom is where the other guy gets to do something you think is dumb and you get to do something he thinks is dumb. That's it. There is no other kind. Go to church and play with venomous snakes. Go fight MMA. Jump out an airplane with a parachute someone else packed. Date a ****. More power to ya.

If getting the shot doesn't prevent you carrying the Wuhan to Grandma, then you don't even have the second hand smoke argument. Stay in your lane. Cut some slack.

Just day before yesterday I talked with a retired medical professional I've known for fifty years, lives in Kali, beautiful spread in the redwoods back of Sanity Crooze. She insisted she ain't getting the shot. Tried to dive into some disquisition about this type of vaccine versus Parkinson's. I didn't listen. I'm shot. The old lady is not. So we're a mixed bag here. Whatever.

Went to the store just now and half the nitwits cruising the aisles are still masked. Saw some doctor on the innerwebz put ten masks on his face one on top of the other and demonstrate how he can fog his eyeglasses through ten of them. But it makes the maskers feel like they're doing something. To me, that's dumber than guys who don't want a shot. But I don't feel like I have to F bomb them.

There's plenty people would prevent us smoking cigars because of rock solid stats they can show you on their iPad.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Thanks for being careful, Nick.

Went to the supermarket to buy some bleach. Price has jumped from about $2.29 to $7.76.

That's do to the Chlorine shortage, plant caught fire and now thanks to Ida, got shutdown again. The plant is in Louisiana.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@Usaf06 said:

@silvermouse said:
    so you don't spread it to other unvaccinated people?

I didnt spread it and now I have natural immunity

But... But.... Natural immunity may change. Here. Have this shot anyways. Because if you don't your a crackpot who is trying to kill my grandma.

I agree. I just hope those who are against this particular vaccine are against all vaccines.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I'm sure people will say that's fake math, @Cam_91.

Before you say that I didn't @webmost, I'll tell you right now that I did read your entire post. TLDR, too long, did read!

But that counter argument doesn't actually address the issue that she brought up. You are more than 10,000 times more likely to die from coronavirus without the vaccine than you are with the vaccine. So for all the people who say I'm probably not going to die, because dying is the litmus test, there's your litmus test.

You are more than 10,000 times more likely to die from coronavirus without the vaccine than you are with the vaccine.

Of course, You didn't exactly address any of her numbers, right? Fake Math? Is that the new fake news?

You first addressed her yelling. Her anger goes back to the fundamental aspect of the argument of people not wanting to do something that they should do as a responsible member of society, simply because they're told to do it. They are putting other people at risk, including that one in 86,000 that will die of a breakthrough case. It's socially irresponsible.

Good spin on the definition of freedom you provided. I'm free to benefit off of the idiot who makes the dumb decision, and he's free to benefit from my decisions. I find it curious that you don't use that same argument to lobby for extra welfare rights. One could say that you're the dumbass who works and they are the smart ones for taking the free stuff.

Don't bother arguing that though, it was just an example. The real, actual, giant hole in the bottom of your freedom cup is that You're not allowed to put others in danger for the sake of your freedom. That's the whole yelling fire in a crowded hall scenario that most social studies classes cover on the third day of first grade. I could retwist your argument to say that not getting a vaccine, which the government provides for free and the CDC recommends and the FDA approved, is putting others at risk. In fact, I speculate that this will eventually be codified in law and everyone will be required to give up the arm.

In fact, why can't I decide that I don't want to be subjected to TSA searches at the airport? I'm not carrying f****** bombs. I'm not carrying any illegal stuff. Quit hassling me. It's my freedom! I can even spout off out of context quotes from the likes of Ben Franklin. Something about forsaking freedom for security and deserving neither. Yada yada yada. Of course that doesn't work.

That said, it's very different from the cigar smoking argument. Cigar smokers only hurt themselves, theoretically, by smoking. Unless of course, they smoke around non-smokers. Most cigar smokers don't smoke around non-smokers because they don't want to lose their right to smoke.

Way to give it the old college try though! You almost had me. No, you didn't almost have me lol!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

And by the way, the one thing nobody talks about is what the real root of the opposition really is to taking a shot. We smoke products everyday that have FDA warning labels on them about how they cause lung cancer. We drink beverages with similar government warnings on the label. We burn animal products on the open fire, which causes carbon deposits that are known by the state of California to cause cancer. We eat processed unhealthy foods full of saturated fat and cholesterol to the point where we're taking meds to control levels in our bodies. Some of us, me more than most, are grossly overweight because of a lifestyle filled with too many calories and too few exercise routines.

This shot has killed no one, or barely anyone. The after effects are not proven, But that's another red herring because the after effects of COVID-19 are also not proven or known.

The goal line is constantly moved by people who don't want to get the shot. First, it's that it's not FDA approved. Now what? It's about freedom? I find that hard to believe.

We have a million people here who collect firearms and talk about being law-abiding responsible citizens who drive the speed limit And stop and stop signs And buy insurance and follow 10,000 other rules every single day of their lives. All of the sudden when the government is giving you a free, approved, recommended vaccine to a global pandemic, you rail on about how the government shouldn't make me do something and I'm not going to do it?

It doesn't make sense. What is the argument. What is the downside of taking a vaccine? Don't give me this business about you might get a breakthrough case anyways. Even if you do, your 10,000 times less likely to die. You are 4,000 times less likely to be hospitalized. You're 3,000 times less likely to catch it. It's not about odds with you. Because if it was, logic dictates that you get the shot. It's about something else.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

' #MemeCulture

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last thing I'm gonna say about all this bùllshìt. I had 3 covid deaths at my agency in August. 2 of the 3 were fully vaccinated. Make up your own mind. Its your choice. There is no debate.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Make up your own mind. Its your choice.

No it's not.
    Uncle Joe is gonna make up your mind for you.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

You are infinitely more likely to accidentally shoot yourself or someone else if you touch a gun than if you don’t. Guess we should ban all firearms to better protect grandma as well. Don’t get me started on cars. Did you know almost 100% of people who crash a car have been inside of one? If we banned all cars we could really reduce car accidents.

Yes. These are stupid and extreme, but with our modern government, if you give them an inch , they will take a mile. It’s always been more about control than anything with them, and I think there should be serious intellectual discussion before we give them anything. TSA and Homeland Security anyone?

It is a lot harder to take authority away from them than it is to give it to them. All these people supporting mandates is what’s scary.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even I think Howard Stern is a piece of ****, and yes, for sure “it takes one to know one”.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

My three golf buddies, antivaxxers and antimaskers, all came down with covid this week. The first guy caught it from his workplace, and the other two likely caught it from the first one, based on contact tracing. I spent 4 hours in a cart with one and 4 hours outside with the other two. We then had cocktails in the bar afterward for about an hour.

I don't know if it is the fist bumps, the hand sanitizer, the masks, or the vaccine, but I got my result this morning.

One in 86,000.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to make and distribute an accurate test to be used at home for cheap or for free. Who knows how many people would actually use it, but a test like that would've changed everything from the get-go. Test positive, you stay home and away from others until you test negative. Kids test before school, adults test before work, no asymptomatic spread, and much, much less spread in general. I don't even think there would've been as much emphasis on a vaccine if a cheap, accurate test would've been available and used early on.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Antis don't need no effin tests!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Antis don't need no effin tests!

That's for sure. But there were plenty on non-Antis who were and are concerned about the spread of the virus, and if they/we knew if and when we are infected and/or contagious, it may have never gotten to this point.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chicago can pass more gun control or start passing out guns, only one of these options will be effective.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@d_blades said:

Chicago can pass more gun control or start passing out guns, only one of these options will be effective.

This I like! Fight killings with more killing!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

41 < 241

If they want to compare numbers for children shot they should compare them to the number of children infected with COVID-19, whether they recovered or not.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Media is our source for fear, that’s basically it now days.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty much expected since big city government forgot how to lock up violent people long ago.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Ha! This is as predictable as a punt on 4th down. Lose the #FakeMath argument on covid, so we'll circle back to Chicago gun violence...because that proves that vaccines are ineffective 😆😂😆😂😆😂

• Options
    edited September 2021

@VegasFrank said:

Ha! This is as predictable as a punt on 4th down. Lose the #FakeMath argument on covid, so we'll circle back to Chicago gun violence...because that proves that vaccines are ineffective 😆😂😆😂😆😂

I do find it ironic that only one in eight {ok, 7.5) children who get shot in Chicago die. Aren't the anti-vaxxers saying that one in eight is not a bad probability set?

I calculated that on my iPad.

• Options
    edited September 2021

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

I do find it ironic that only one in eight {ok, 7.5) children who get shot in Chicago die. Aren't the anti-vaxxers saying that one in eight is not a bad probability set?

I calculated that on my iPad.

Of course, when we start to argue about gun control again, those same people will also say that since only one in eight children who are shot Chicago die of their wounds, shooting children is actually safer than rolling a stop sign... So maybe we should keep guns and eliminate stop signs.

Do I have that crazy math right?

• Options
    edited September 2021

And none of those red herring arguments take away from

1:86,000

• Options

Lol, someone flagged my post on an article that made me chuckle.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    Lol, someone flagged my post on an article that made me chuckle.

That’s my insightful.