Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

As stated, your sandwich is made and waiting for you buddy.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

1:28000

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@VegasFrank said:

1:28000

Looks like the Sharks odds of winning the Cup.

Edit..

So you’re telling me you have a better chance of COVID getting you then the Sharks do of winning the Cup?

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank - glad you're safe! We were with a couple of friends last weekend (all 4 of us are fully vaxed) and one of them was in VT the weekend before for a show (indoor, no mandates or rules on vaccinations). Half-way through the day, he complained that he couldn't smell or taste anything. Great. A few days later, he tested positive on a rapid test. His wife tested negative. I know the chances he passed it to us are slim to none but we notified the other two people we had been around (also fully vaxed - third-hand exposure would be incredibly unlikely, especially due to the window of time that we saw them but still wanted to be extra cautious and courteous). We both got the PCR test on Friday and are currently quarantining, while awaiting results. Not the best way to start our staycation, but we would rather be safe than sorry.

@peter4jc - the take-home, rapid tests serve the purpose that you mentioned but aren't accurate in certain scenarios and may lead to false negatives. These are antigen tests, so if there is significant/detectable antigen (viral spike protein) in your mucous, it will show positive. If you're really early in the infection phase (infection and Ab response are often shaped like bell curves that occur one after the other over the time-course of infection), the levels of antigen present may be too low to detect with an Antigen test. This is where PCR tests become useful because PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) tests use primers (anti-sense, short, single-stranded DNA) to identify and amplify genetic material. So even if there is an almost undetectable amount of virus present, it can be detected through that amplification. Without a PCR machine, at home PCR tests are impossible.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever wonder how long it will take before Blue Cross stops paying for medical treatment for people who invoked their right to refuse the vaccine?

Just a thought.

Also, is anyone aware of the fact that 99% of people who die in car crashes in China are of Asian descent?

What are we going to do?

I do believe that China released this disease on the world. Who would benefit most by Americans refusing the vaccine? Could it be, say, ...China? (gasp!) And who would be most likely to feed "fake-news" to idiots in America? Maybe....China?

Could it be that Darwin was right, and only the strong or smart will survive?

Carry on.

Talk amongst yourselves.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Anyone ever wonder how long it will take before Blue Cross stops paying for medical treatment for people who invoked their right to refuse the vaccine?

The answer is never. Just like a smoker who still gets medical coverage. Just like a 4000 pound fat asś who still gets coverage.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

No TikTok videos allowed.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

More censorship ^^

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did somebody say that nobody has died from the jab?
    Check the CDC's VAERs database, the swine flu vaccine was shutdown after 53 deaths, we are over 10,000 and counting on this one.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

@Usaf06 said:
    More censorship ^^

Tik Tok is for little girls and for people who like little boys. Which one are you?

• Options

@dirtdude said:
    Did somebody say that nobody has died from the jab?
    Check the CDC's VAERs database, the swine flu vaccine was shutdown after 53 deaths, we are over 10,000 and counting on this one.

Yeah I said barely any I think. Here's the data from VAERS, directly from the CDC

Reports of death after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. More than 375 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through September 7, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,439 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS, even if it’s unclear whether the vaccine was the cause. Reports of adverse events to VAERS following vaccination, including deaths, do not necessarily mean that a vaccine caused a health problem.

The CDC bolded that last sentence, not me. To put that percentage in context, it represents two out of 100,000 people on a mandated report designed to catch everything. The actual clinical number will likely be a lot lower than that.

Still, dying is the litmus test here. 1:86000 plus 2:100000 is about 0.0031%, give or take... Which would be your total death risk after getting jabbed.

That's 31 people out of every million with a vaccine, and 2000 out of every million without one.

• Options

@webmost said:

Is there a general public mandate now?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

For example:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

Nit picking and plausible deniability enable mission creep.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited September 2021

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

For example:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/09/09/executive-order-on-requiring-coronavirus-disease-2019-vaccination-for-federal-employees/

It's not nitpicky as much as it is completely false. The actual fact is that there is no general public mandate and the entire meme is a complete farce.

Secondly, federal employees have all kinds of f****** mandates but the general public doesn't have. I'm a federal employee I could list them for you if you'd like.

Third, even if some public mandate does come out, which I don't think will happen, calling someone a liar for expressing an opinion in 2020 and then it changed opinion in 2021 is wholly irresponsible. I could make the same meme of stuff that Donald Trump said about coronavirus and February of 20 that he backtracked in March of 20. "We have the disease under control. It's not a threat to the United States." Etc etc. The kind of rhetoric is stupid and childish.

More than that, most people, and I don't know if you fall in this or not, only hold one side to this standard. It's the other side. Trumpers say it's just Trump being Trump when he did it, but now Dr fauci and Joe Biden are evil devils because they did the same thing? Stupid and childish.

You know what, I looked at my house the other day, and I said it doesn't need to be painted. If I change my mind next year, did I lie to my wife? Or, does the house just need to be freaking painted? Stupid and childish.

Finally, whenever someone is advertising their news organization at the bottom of their meme, you know it's a quality operation lolololololol.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

But you know as well as I do, Frank, that when Trump was being Trump he was striving for the freedoms and liberties on which this country was founded, trying to reinstate them, whereas Biden and Fauci et al are working hard to strip those freedoms and enslave us into a state-controlled existence. ;)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's an interesting article from the Atlantic regarding the way hospitalization stats are not easily interpreted or entirely accurate.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

For example:

It's not nitpicky as much as it is completely false. The actual fact is that there is no general public mandate and the entire meme is a complete farce.

Secondly, federal employees have all kinds of f****** mandates but the general public doesn't have. I'm a federal employee I could list them for you if you'd like.

Third, even if some public mandate does come out, which I don't think will happen, calling someone a liar for expressing an opinion in 2020 and then it changed opinion in 2021 is wholly irresponsible. I could make the same meme of stuff that Donald Trump said about coronavirus and February of 20 that he backtracked in March of 20. "We have the disease under control. It's not a threat to the United States." Etc etc. The kind of rhetoric is stupid and childish.

More than that, most people, and I don't know if you fall in this or not, only hold one side to this standard. It's the other side. Trumpers say it's just Trump being Trump when he did it, but now Dr fauci and Joe Biden are evil devils because they did the same thing? Stupid and childish.

You know what, I looked at my house the other day, and I said it doesn't need to be painted. If I change my mind next year, did I lie to my wife? Or, does the house just need to be freaking painted? Stupid and childish.

Finally, whenever someone is advertising their news organization at the bottom of their meme, you know it's a quality operation lolololololol.

Didn't he just make it mandatory for business with 100 employees or more force vaccines or weekly tests? That seems like a public mandate

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

A woman I used to work with is pretty much a shut-in. Her son, 52 with no job for the last 15 years or so, comes and helps her do stuff around the house. This is how he gets his groceries. At any rate, he came down sick for about a week, so she finally went and got the vaccine.

2 days later, she was sick. He was still sick.

She's been screaming for the last 10 days that "the vaccine made me sick! I've got the Covus (sic) from that damn vaccine!" and so on and so forth. I tried to explain to her that, unlike the olden days, todays vaccines are not live attenuated virus, or even dead virus. In fact, there's no "virus" at all in the vaccine.

She went back to the doctor to get tested, because she knows she's "got the Covus". She got her results today, she has RSV. For any who don't know, this is a respiratory virus that can be fatal to children under 3 years of age.

Her response? "The vaccine gave me the RSV! I knew it did something to me! I'm never going to the doctor again!"

And so it goes, this is how people "think", as it were. Any of y'all get RSV from the vaccine? (No, and you didn't get "The Covus", either)

It'll probably be a thing now. I can hear it already, "My cousin said he knows someone who got RSV from the Covid vaccine.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited September 2021

What is this covus that you speak of? I can only handle one shìt at a time

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

The J&J vaccine is virus based like most of the old ones.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

So the Fauci Ouchie gives you the covus

• Options

@Usaf06 said:
    What is this covus that you speak of? I can only handle one shìt at a time

That's her way of saying Covid. No matter how many times she's corrected, no matter if you turn on the TV and listen to how it's said, or show her in print that it's clearly spelled c-o-v-i-d, she won't hear or speak any but her own version.

Sounds familiar.

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    But you know as well as I do, Frank, that when Trump was being Trump he was striving for the freedoms and liberties on which this country was founded, trying to reinstate them, whereas Biden and Fauci et al are working hard to strip those freedoms and enslave us into a state-controlled existence. ;)

I don't know that. As a matter of fact, I think you're trying to trigger me. Trump is and was a charlatan who found a popularity formula based on extreme nationalism that he doesn't actually believe in, and he tried to use it to manipulate people into giving him money.

But even if what you say is true, the end doesn't justify the means. The way you do it is important. Its what separates us from the bad guys.

• Options
    edited September 2021

@Usaf06 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

@VegasFrank said:

@webmost said:

For example:

Didn't he just make it mandatory for business with 100 employees or more force vaccines or weekly tests? That seems like a public mandate

I don't think so. Our major contractor has 2500 employees. I just had a covid meeting with the CEO, chief engineer, and vp of operations today and nary a mandate was mentioned.

Unless it came out after 10 am pacific this morning, which is when my meeting broke....

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    Here's an interesting article from the Atlantic regarding the way hospitalization stats are not easily interpreted or entirely accurate.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/09/covid-hospitalization-numbers-can-be-misleading/620062/

Ask @EgoBoundary about his experiences in the last couple of weeks....

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    So the Fauci Ouchie gives you the covus

The proof is on Fakebook:

https://m.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/photos/a.461583946134/10158207966696135/

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)