Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

1727374757678»

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The study found: Those who received metformin [A diabetes drug] were more than 40% less likely to develop long COVID than those who received an identical looking placebo. For participants who started metformin less than four days after their COVID symptoms started, metformin decreased the risk of long COVID by 63%"

https://news.unchealthcare.org/2023/06/study-shows-metformin-lowers-long-covid-risk/

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

That link doesn't disprove his study. It says it wasn't peer reviewed. And then they got another opinion that said if the DNA was there is wouldn't be problematic. Based on the evidence I've seen with these vaccines, I lean towards the vaccines being full of shít.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, but the vaccine is safe, they said. You're putting yourself and everyone else at risk, they said. Bullshite.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your my champion also, Francis

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I probably shouldn't post that, probably some kid with a fancy computer. Not peer reviewed.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:
    I was just throwing gas on the 🔥. I am so over coronavirus and vaccines. I'm bracing for the next bioweapon.

Fear is a powerful weapon.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

The government’s policy is to pretend we’re getting ‘back to normal’. The result is millions of us live in fear of losing our lives
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/10/covid-coronavirus-disabled-vulnerable-people

Even the phrase “Covid restrictions” – a term used by almost every media outlet – is loaded, suggesting low-key mitigations are heavy burdens rather than simple ways to free clinically vulnerable people. That the virus primarily “only” affects those with underlying health conditions has always been the unspoken excuse for indifference.

• Options

Don't worry, Edward. I'm sure our government is working closely with China to produce a new, more deadly version to release.

• Options

You are free to feel indifferent.

"The government’s policy is to pretend we’re getting ‘back to normal’."

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    The government’s policy is to pretend we’re getting ‘back to normal’. The result is millions of us live in fear of losing our lives
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/sep/10/covid-coronavirus-disabled-vulnerable-people

Even the phrase “Covid restrictions” – a term used by almost every media outlet – is loaded, suggesting low-key mitigations are heavy burdens rather than simple ways to free clinically vulnerable people. That the virus primarily “only” affects those with underlying health conditions has always been the unspoken excuse for indifference.

This article is from a British writer concerning the British medical system (or UK or EU or whatever) and I’m wondering if it has much to do with the US.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    You are free to feel indifferent.

"The government’s policy is to pretend we’re getting ‘back to normal’."

Whose government?

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    But that won't make big pharma billions.

Science denier, you are. :)

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prepared to alert state and local officials to an emerging connection between heart inflammation and COVID-19 vaccines, but ultimately did not send the alert, according to a new document obtained by The Epoch Times.
    All four COVID-19 vaccines that are or have been available in the United States can cause the heart inflammation, or myocarditis, according to studies, experts, and agencies like the CDC. The first cases were reported shortly after the vaccines became available in late 2020.

The CDC sends alerts to federal, state, and local public health officials and doctors across the nation through a system called the Health Alert Network (HAN). Messaging through the system conveys “vital health information,” according to the CDC.

In May 2021, CDC officials drafted an alert on myocarditis and the two most widely used COVID-19 shots, according to the newly obtained document, which is being made public for the first time by The Epoch Times.

“This is the most recent draft of an alert as discussed. Happy to discuss,” Dr. Demetre Daskalakis, the CDC’s top official for equity in COVID-19 data and engagement, told two other high-ranking CDC colleagues in the email.

It was titled “draft alert on myocarditis and mRNA vaccines.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/exclusive-cdc-drafted-alert-for-myocarditis-and-covid-19-vaccines-but-never-sent-it-5560613?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=TheLibertyDaily

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

Doesn't surprise me. Can't announce to the world that you really **** up.

• Options

Be careful with the Epoch Times reporting, a hyperbole filter is advised. There are a ton of studies about the incidence of myocarditis following both covid infection and covid vax. I have a dog in this fight since developing polymyalgia triggered, in my opinion, from immune dysregulation following flu and pfizer vaxes. However the incidence of myocarditis and periocarditis is far greater from infection and long covid than from the vax.

https://news.yale.edu/2023/05/05/yale-study-reveals-insights-post-vaccine-heart-inflammation-cases
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=heart+inflammation+and+COVID-19+vaccines&ia=web