Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Coronavirus Information

Comments

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    We need another mask mandate to make the mask wearers feel better.

It’s still mandatory by my employer
    They keep extending it month after month.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

That being said there won’t be any full scale mandates at least not until after November elections.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    That being said there won’t be any full scale mandates at least not until after November elections.

Gas prices will likely go back up after the midterms as well.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

They'll come down in November 2024.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Working in EMS I’ll say this, wearing a mask does make a difference, every time I have contracted COVID it was in periods I laxed up on mask wearing. That being said, if there’s anything I have noticed it’s wearing a mask only prolongs the inevitable, everyone will catch this at some point and this current strain really is much weaker than previous strains. Among those vaccinated we do see much softer symptoms, as opposed to those who don’t. Though we tend to pick up those with extensive medical histories, and non vaccinated HEALTHY individuals do fair far better than the unhealthy unvaccinated. That being said, I fully support anyones choice to wear or not wear a mask, same goes for vaccination. At the end of the day I don’t have enough knowledge to say what does and doesn’t work for sure. I think we all will catch it regardless and at the end of the day it all boils down to individual reaction to the virus.

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the record I choose not to wear a mask when off duty. I only wear it when I’m in confined spaces with sick individuals, but I feel that’s common sense if you don’t want to catch any airborne illness.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of the home COVID-19 tests that were first sent out by the post office have past their expiration dates, but the FDA has extended the expiration dates of many of these home tests. Here's a link for more information and how to tell if your tests are still good. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

You can order more free home test kits if yours haven't been extended here: https://special.usps.com/testkits

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Structural and functional characterization of NEMO cleavage by SARS-CoV-2 3CLpro

"understanding the molecular basis of NEMO inactivation by 3CLpro can be a platform to develop therapeutic strategies for alleviating symptoms of COVID-19 including pathology in the central nervous system."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-022-32922-9

no, not this nemo:

• Options

@silvermouse said:

no, not this nemo:

That would have made it more entertaining.

• Options

Just in time for fall, there’s a brand-new COVID variant making headway in the U.S.

https://fortune.com/well/2022/09/20/bf-7-new-covid-subvariant-rising-in-united-states-us-omicron-centaurus/

• Options

Oh God, here we go again.

• Options

unless you listen to our president who said the pandemic is over....

• Options

I have been ignoring that article but now had to check it out. Thanks a lot, Nick.

Looks like it comes down personality, I read it so you don't have to, lol.

"Of course, skipping a COVID vaccine does not mean that someone will get into a car crash. Instead, the authors theorize that people who resist public health recommendations might also “neglect basic road safety guidelines.”

Why would they ignore the rules of the road? Distrust of the government, a belief in freedom, misconceptions of daily risks, “faith in natural protection,” “antipathy toward regulation,” poverty, misinformation, a lack of resources, and personal beliefs are potential reasons proposed by the authors."

• Options

Lol, the covidiots never give up.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Makes sense.

Some people are risk-takers. They, or we, as the case may be, are just more comfortable than others with high risk behaviors. There are researches proposed, in progress, and some completed that are searching for ways to recognize these individuals or groups and predict likelihood of future behaviors.

For instance, drug addiction. Smoking cigarettes as a teenager is considered a predictor for likelihood of future addiction and substance abuse. A willingness to risk known consequences for a return experience as minimal as is provided by a cigarette indicates a potential willingness to suffer long term consequences in return for very short term benefits.

Seems the same.

It also seems easily predictable that the people who brought you actuarial tables would be very interested in cashing in on this sort of research finding.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were in more accidents because they were out living their lives and not staying shut in. LOL.

There are more free test kits available. We'll see what the expiration date is on the new ones when I get them.

https://covid.gov/tests

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched a very interesting series on Dr Fraud, I mean Dr Fauci.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

I've heard it, but don't remember the source, that Fauci went to Wuhan with a couple million taxpayer dollars sometime around '16 or '17 for the purpose of developing and "researching" Covid viruses.

Sometimes it may be better to keep the box closed, Pandora.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

but,
    if that is true, and it may well be, why aren't the Chinese blaming us for infecting them?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    but,
    if that is true, and it may well be, why aren't the Chinese blaming us for infecting them?

complicity

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

They have made that claim.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    but,

The Chinese government is in full cover up mode. People disappear in China all the time. Could you imagine the cost of litigation and lawsuits if the world found out this was geneticly enhanced and released from a lad that China and the U.S. funded. Wrongful death lawsuits would bankrupt the county.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter