Home General Discussion
Options

Perdomo and Me

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus, I like the "Stripes" reference.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now I'm just fluffing my post count.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

And there's one more fact that cannot be ignored before I leave this post forever. That is that anyone who enthusiastically claimed that I bought a box or $1,000 worth of Perdomo cigars because they saw this video was your friend or family member bro. Don't even try to lie and say otherwise. If they were your friends and family, then it just proves further that you're dishonest. If they weren't, you're a bad business person.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great! Now I gotta go see if I have stars too!

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't need no stinkin' stars!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Let's do some more math. what if I see your $97,500 and raise you another $2,500 bucks. Let's call it an even 100 grand. That's a hundred grand in sales.

Cigar companies sell their products through their own in-house distribution channels to retailers at an average rate of 30% of MSRP. You can quote any fictitious number you want, but My buddy Will who owns three tobacco leaf stores in the Las Vegas area along with several other cigar stores quoted me this rate.

We went from 100 grand to 30 grand.

Now let's look at cost of goods sold. Typical cost of goods sold is about 50%, for any reasonably established industry. Slightly more in tobacco markets because of the extra lawyers you need and the vig that you have to pay the government. Let's just call it 60%, generously.

Now we go from 30 grand to 18 grand.

now let's just take a huge leap of faith and assume that 100% of those purchases were not brand new customers who would have bought something else instead of predomo. Let's just say, even though I think it's maybe 5%, that it's 50% of that population was a new purchaser and your video single-handedly redirected their money into Nick podomo's pocket.

Now we're down to 9,000 bucks.

$9,000 is less than the cost of the watch he was wearing. Even if you did earn the company $9,000, Nick berdomo isn't getting all 9,000 of it. he is reinvesting some of that capital back into his company. Let's just say that he pulls half of that $9,000 out so he can pay his dry cleaning bill.

We are down to 4500 bucks.

His marginal tax rate is a millionaire is probably in the neighborhood of 9%. Let's call it 10%. So I don't have to break out my calculator.

Now you're down to $4,050.

You sure is going to miss you bro...

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this positive press is worth millions alone!!

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:
    @Gray4lines Yes, that is my in the pic. It's actually a picture from my late 20's. I didn't want to use something that could be found on my social media accounts and give me up. Maybe a little overkill also a little more deceit to my already deceitful ways on here. But that is no longer.

Thank you for answering my idiotic post. Dig the updated pic.

I wish you the best, buddy. If you got screwed, I hate that. But I agree your math is off. There are likely no damages. And unless you want to subpoena Perdomo's sales and hire an expert witness at $400 an hr to empirically prove whether your ad campaign even added a miniscule amt to Perdomo's gross revenue you should probably leave it alone. Comment analysis and other bullshit wont fly. Who cares? Show me the money. Just say **** Nick and make videos for his competition. But charge an upfront fee first.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ScotchnSmokeScotchnSmoke Posts: 134

@VegasFrank said:
    And there's one more fact that cannot be ignored before I leave this post forever. That is that anyone who enthusiastically claimed that I bought a box or $1,000 worth of Perdomo cigars because they saw this video was your friend or family member bro. Don't even try to lie and say otherwise. If they were your friends and family, then it just proves further that you're dishonest. If they weren't, you're a bad business person.

If you can't believe that one person is willing to buy 5 boxes in one order, that is most likely due to your limited success in life. I know it's hard to imagine that someone would spend your monthly income on cigars in one go, but plenty of people do.

• Options

This guy clearly has never looked at the what did you get today thread. I easily spend his monthly salary in cigars!

lololololol

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@VegasFrank said:

If you can't believe that one person is willing to buy 5 boxes in one order, that is most likely due to your limited success in life. I know it's hard to imagine that someone would spend your monthly income on cigars in one go, but plenty of people do.

It's the causality that's in question, not the quantity.

• Options
    edited August 2020

A box of Perdomo cheapies can be had for $80. So $400 on 5 boxes. Do you think after the first box he traded and bombed the rest away?

• Options

@Gray4lines said:

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@VegasFrank said:

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what you mean.

• Options

I saw that, dummy. He is clearly YOU and if not, he's clearly a previous Perdomo smoker, so no new acquisition there. Nice try though.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@Vision said:
    A box of Perdomo cheapies can be had for 80 bucks. So 400 bucks a month eh?

That's true, I never considered the boxes of 10. I usually buy boxes of 20.

• Options
    edited August 2020

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@Gray4lines said:

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@VegasFrank said:

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what you mean.

Sure man.

If your video had not existed, would the purchase have heppened anyway? You say no. Perdomo would say absolutely yes; "our brand recognition and customer loyalty resulted in purchase," or something...

Now it's you vs him over the damages. If you want to claim that you should be entitled to X $s and that value is based on the revenue generation attributed to your social media campaign, then you have to prove that these sales would not have occured but for your videos.

Edit: i do not know **** about copyrights. I do know about economic damages. Also i think trying to prove economic damages here is impossible.
    I would say cut your loss and run.
    Also, do not feel obligated to argue with us morons here. Stick around and have a cigar.

• Options

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@Vision said:
    A box of Perdomo cheapies can be had for 80 bucks. So 400 bucks a month eh?

That's true, I never considered the boxes of 10. I usually buy boxes of 20.

No. Nick Sticks and Fresco are 20+ sticks per box.

• Options

...and garofalo and yellow jacket.....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean let’s be honest here, @Scotch_n_Smoke made a fun video, but it sounds like he got shafted, or at the very least his expectations were unmet... maybe it was a fairly immature coping mechanism to bring it out on the forum with actual people who actually like cigars and actually love tearing people new a$$ holes for bringing any attention to themselves , especially when it starts with “ hey, I lied but... I am better than this other guy because he wronged me, and that’s money out of my pocket.” My guess is that even if everyone on the forum gave you the admiration that you were looking for, your problems would be same...

Something like this happened to me when I was early in my career... I basically handled it like this... “you screwed me over, but professionally I respect your stance, I will be seeking employment somewhere else, due professional and personal reasons ... please provide a reasonable reference for my next job”
    And though my pride suffered for a few years, and I changed careers ... I think it wasn’t the worst thing to happen to me... and in general, humility can have a way of making you appreciate things...

And really it doesn’t matter if you bring a company a million dollars, if you complain publicly on online forums, you can be seen as a liability to future hires , in this day and age, really a tough badge to carry ( especially online media) ... I mean “mending the bridge “ is a very important goal for future, because though he can look like a jerk, you can’t afford to be seen as one to your next employer....

Also , I take @VegasFrank and @peter4jc side, because I smoke cigars with them ... and they are straight shooters...

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look who is increasing his posts by feeding this flame .... (I am)

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@EgoBoundary said:
    Look who is increasing his posts by feeding this flame .... (I am)

That’s my WTF to build up the numbers for that category for you as well...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

@TheKraken said:
    Can't believe I read this whole thread, I want my money back!

How many people over at Perdomo’s have said the same thing??

• Options

@TheKraken said:

Better throw those perdomo fire crackers in the garbage

• Options

@Scotch_n_Smoke said:

@VegasFrank said:

...says the guy who talks to himself with his own burner accounts ....

Don't look ↑
  • Options

We have vHerf material for dayzzzzz

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if he joins

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options

@Vision said:
    We have vHerf material for dayzzzzz

Reminds me of the seegarlover days. Weird **** nonstop.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@Gray4lines said:

@TheKraken said:

Hahaha I know right! If by the garbage you mean mailboxes...

• Options
    edited August 2020

@TheKraken said:

@Gray4lines said:

@TheKraken said:

Hahaha I know right! If by the garbage you mean mailboxes...

Whatever. Just get the fu ck rid of em. Lol

Nick will show you how to cut them, but his cameraman is a moron.