Home Non Cigar Related

Stupid **** that pops into my head

1272829303133»

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those of you with school age kids, do they teach cursive anymore? And if they don't, how do kids learn to sign their name?

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Those of you with school age kids, do they teach cursive anymore? And if they don't, how do kids learn to sign their name?

Cursive isn’t taught here anymore. Something I’ve also noticed is that a lot of things have moved away from a traditional signature and ask you to either print or simply write your name.
    But Bob, the don’t even teach kids to read anymore. They teach them word recognition. Actually teaching phonics is gone.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. And they don't.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Well, I was never any good at cursive. Lost the ability after a while. I print if necessary. The only thing cursive I do is my signature.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Well, I was never any good at cursive. Lost the ability after a while. I print if necessary. The only thing cursive I do is my signature.

Me too with losing the ability. I even stopped making my signature in cursive. I do my three initials, but in a stylized manner.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever wondered what would happen if we bought nothing for a day?

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

That used to be called Sunday.

@ShawnOL said:

The next day, wouldn't an offsetting rebound in sales occur? I mean, I'm not supposed go without ever buying what I was intending to buy on the day of buying nothing am I?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many people I've known spoiled their children rotten. Now, those "children" are mid 30's to mid 40's and, surprise surprise, they're still spoiled rotten children.

The parents can't figure out why. "I gave them everything they ever wanted", they say.

Hmm, yeah, I know.

Just had to let that out. Now I can get on with my day.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain