Options

Quora Quandaries

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Namaste

Write your own damn college paper

Nope... Thanatos is

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if we start with Crystal Meth, this'll be a long discussion.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

My buddy has an 11 year old daughter who was seduced by 3 separate Quora users into sending them naked pictures of herself, and she did it because she's 11. He complained to the website and showed screenshot evidence of the communications, and quora did nothing. Makes me think that it's a place where it's okay to be that way and hang out.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Nasty.

^^my WTF^^ I don't like anonymous crap.

On that note, I'll leave this behind, The thought of animals taking advantage of an 11 year old gets me too worked up. Can't go there right now.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    My buddy has an 11 year old daughter who was seduced by 3 separate Quora users into sending them naked pictures of herself, and she did it because she's 11. He complained to the website and showed screenshot evidence of the communications, and quora did nothing. Makes me think that it's a place where it's okay to be that way and hang out.

Father should get one of the forensic computer experts and find the trash

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

I offered to play Chris Hansen and find this m***********. He just seemed to want to forget about it and let it go.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me three times?.......

Seems like bad parenting.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:

I think the kid had multiple "suitors" before the parents ever figured out what she was doing. Quora seemed pretty benign to me before I heard about this, after all.

Besides, let's not use "bad parenting" as an excuse for pedophilia. my suggestion is to cut off their dīcks and let them bleed out, not blame mom for bad parenting 🙄

• Options

A parent should have a decent idea of where his/her kids are going online and teach them to watch out for creeps and thieves. My kids weren't allowed unsupervised access to the internet while they were young. We were a little stricter than most.

As far a kiddie diddlers go. Put them in the grave immediately.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    A parent should have a decent idea of where his/her kids are going online and teach them to watch out for creeps and thieves. My kids weren't allowed unsupervised access to the internet while they were young. We were a little stricter than most.

As far a kiddie diddlers go. Put them in the grave immediately.

Why am I bumping with you today brother? Lol nothing personal.

Easy to say, harder to execute, especially when every human in the world has the world of access in 30 or 40 different devices in their house. Your kids may have had AOL, but in today's connected world, you can have 5 to 20 devices in a ROOM with more internet than your kids had in your house growing up. With that kind of pervasiveness, it's easy overlook something, which is what they did.

My gripe with your original comment is that parents can be good parents and kids can still get groomed without the good parents knowing. I have 12 and 10 year olds myself, and while it's easy to prevent the visible dangers, it's impossible to know what you don't know sometimes. And yes, it's more complicated now than it was 10 or 20 years ago...

• Options
    edited June 2021

So quick inventory on my house:

7 cell phones
    8 connected televisions
    6 tablets
    3 wifi watches
    5 rokus
    6 computers (and a few that are in cold storage)
    7 Alexa's
    2 Chromecast
    1 apple tv device
    2 network connected camera SYSTEMS
    At least 2 raspberry pis
    3 game consoles
    A boveda butler? Lol

That's what I know about....

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

7 cell phones
    8 connected televisions
    6 tablets
    3 wifi watches
    5 rokus
    7 Alexa's
    2 Chromecast
    1 apple tv device
    At least 2 raspberry pis
    3 game consoles
    A boveda butler? Lol

What? No Roomba? You Caveman, you.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@VegasFrank said:

7 cell phones
    8 connected televisions
    6 tablets
    3 wifi watches
    5 rokus
    7 Alexa's
    2 Chromecast
    1 apple tv device
    At least 2 raspberry pis
    3 game consoles
    A boveda butler? Lol

What? No Roomba? You Caveman, you.

Shoot, okay, I already have to update the list. And the fridge is wifi too. Don't ask me why.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, good, you haven't found the spy cameras yet!

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Oh, good, you haven't found the spy cameras yet!

That would be everything he just listed

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@VegasFrank said:

@ShawnOL said:

I think the kid had multiple "suitors" before the parents ever figured out what she was doing. Quora seemed pretty benign to me before I heard about this, after all.

Besides, let's not use "bad parenting" as an excuse for pedophilia. my suggestion is to cut off their dīcks and let them bleed out, not blame mom for bad parenting 🙄

Balls. Like a hog, wrap a rubber band around them.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I also have a dishwasher and a clothes washer (but not the dryer) 2 thermostats, 8 light fixtures, the doorbell and garage opener, and 2 fully integrated cars. Jesus, I'll never get off the grid when I'm old and crotchety.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you say when?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know little about quora, but now learning that they did nothing about pedeophiles make me think i need to learn more so that i can avoid them.

@VegasFrank 8 TVs? We have 2 but hardly ever use the one in the BR..1 Alexa, she lives in the BR so Russia, China and NSA get to hear the fun stuff.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Diver43 said:
    I know little about quora, but now learning that they did nothing about pedeophiles make me think i need to learn more so that i can avoid them.

@VegasFrank 8 TVs? We have 2 but hardly ever use the one in the BR..1 Alexa, she lives in the BR so Russia, China and NSA get to hear the fun stuff.

One in each of the 4 bedrooms. Office, playroom, living room, and master bathroom.

• Options

Oh I have two insulin pumps, to continuous blood glucose monitors, and one Wi-Fi enabled blood sugar machine.

• Options

The Chinese are gonna hack you and **** with your blood sugar.

• Options

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

You can do it. Answer it. Make up something.

• Options

All your base are belong to us.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

7 cell phones
    8 connected televisions
    6 tablets
    3 wifi watches
    5 rokus
    7 Alexa's
    2 Chromecast
    1 apple tv device
    At least 2 raspberry pis
    3 game consoles
    A boveda butler? Lol

You need these connected dice: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godice-incredibly-smart-connected-dice

@Wylaff

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get the point, but it doesn't really serve it's own function. They look to be designed so you can play with others online, and roll them, then share your roll. But the fact that you have to place it in the holder to upload, takes the roll out entirely. Now it's exactly the same thing as just saying a number. Google has a decent dice roller by the way. And most RPG platforms (DnDbeyond, Roll20, Etc..) all have built in dice rollers that display to the entire group.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roll+d20&rlz=1C1GCEV_en&oq=roll+d20&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l9.5534j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...