Options

Quora Quandaries

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

@webmost said:
    I just think this stuff is funny. I don't vouch for it.

This is pretty much what I figured Webmost meant with all these posts. I never thought he had any ulterior agenda. He's always just said what he thinks, when he thinks it. I must admit I've thought much of it was stupid on a grand scale, but, wasn't that the funny part?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

My comment wasn’t about the Quora post, but just my feelings about Social Security, and @ShawnOL post about it being government help.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, when Leno used to do his stupid man on the street questions, I'm sure they edited out anyone not stupid enough to give a stupid answer... but it's still a species of schadenfreude. Somewhere there's someone dumb enough to fall for you name it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

The quora tribe will be the first to warn you it's all trolls all the time.

TROLLSTROLLSTROLLSTROLLSTROLLSTROLLSTROLLSTROLLS

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not meant to offend @cbuck . Met a lot of old people who rely on SS and many turned lefty when the became beholden to the state.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Not meant to offend @cbuck . Met a lot of old people who rely on SS and many turned lefty when the became beholden to the state.

I haven't met any who did.
    Perhaps that's a Taxachussets thing.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

Maybe they lost the remote

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense taken, @ShawnOL

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

I was reminded of @webmost this morning. After looking at @silvermouse's "true" map, I searched "how do flat eathers explain how a compass works?", several Quora forums links appeared in my search results. And that reminded me of this thread. And made me wonder if he posted much on Quora. I never joined, even though this thread had me curious. Do any of you have a Quora account? I'm reluctant to join, but if he posted a lot on Quora, I might want to take a look.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I was reminded of @webmost this morning. After looking at @silvermouse's "true" map, I searched "how do flat eathers explain how a compass works?", several Quora forums links appeared in my search results. And that reminded me of this thread. And made me wonder if he posted much on Quora. I never joined, even though this thread had me curious. Do any of you have a Quora account? I'm reluctant to join, but if he posted a lot on Quora, I might want to take a look.

No need to Create an account I’m sure the government is watch me already

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

In memory of Davis

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

For ****'s sake. Don't want your boss thinking you're an idiot.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just FFS. Then you're covered.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I never liked sake, so no apostrophe.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, he gets them from the waist up, you get the lower half.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone hacked Christina Baumgartner Costner's account I guess?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain