Home Cigar 101

Can't Judge a Cigar By The Color of the Wrapper

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    He has experience and information to share and he is going to become more accurate as time goes by.

Can you share your source on his experience?

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

He states in his video that he has been smoking cigars for 18 years. I have no reason to doubt him.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

He states in his video that he has been smoking cigars for 18 years. I have no reason to doubt him.

Well then. If just smoking cigars make you an expert in reviewing cigars, no need for me to ever leave this place. Heck, I'll never have to watch his videos again seeing as most members here smoke more cigars daily (his admission) and have been smoking longer. Thank you Hobbes. You have shown me the light.

@Vision said:
    Well then. If just smoking cigars make you an expert in reviewing cigars, no need for me to ever leave this place. Heck, I'll never have to watch his videos again seeing as most members here smoke more cigars daily (his admission) and have been smoking longer. Thank you Hobbes. You have shown me the light.

I didn't state that he is an expert and I don't recall him doing so either.

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

I didn't state that he is an expert and I don't recall him doing so either.

Then why would people want to watch him?

@Vision said:
    Then why would people want to watch him?

I can't be sure, but I assume some would do so because they like his personality or presentation. Others might do so because he knows more about cigars than they do and they find him helpful.

@ScotchnSmoke
    I don't take you for a stupid person. You seem extremely bright and well spoken. Learn from this banter. Figure out the "Why". Why would people want to watch me over _____? Why would some watch the review of this ______ ? ..... write down your whys and answer them.
    You review a Quorum..... no one cares. Review a Bic lighter..... no one cares. Review a Pour of Poland Springs Vodka..... no one cares. Review a CI plastic cutter..... no one cares. Make people care about your content.

^ Those are good questions to answer.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Which one of these two guys is the one who said Maduro leaves are left on the plant longer? Was it the Cuban American who will spend $100 on a cigar? Or is it the guy who's been smoking since it was illegal for him who's an expert? Inquiring minds would like to know.

By the way bro, grammar sometime.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

This is my favorite part of your whole website bro.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

And by the way again, grammar all over this website is absolutely **** terrible bro. Pure trash. Hire a copywriter to fix it. I'll do it for a thousand bucks.

It took me more time to figure this stuff out and download the studio app than it did to record the entire channel

@silvermouse said:
    "high valuations of self-worth
    boastful claims that aren’t backed up by reality
    attention to appearance, or vanity
    overly high opinion of one’s self
    a self-image of supremacy or authority
    unwillingness to listen to others
    overcompensation for specific elements of life
    mood swings, often made worse by contradiction from another person
    underlying low self-esteem or feelings of inferiority"

there's help for this

I like my high value of self worth, edward!

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

you are 11.111% of the way there then, Frank. You're not living up to your potential.

@Hobbes86 you around my guy? Just making sure everything is ok. I figured you would want to give @VegasFrank an ear full after that critique. Or is it just me you don't care for?

@Vision said:

you around my guy? Just making sure everything is ok. I figured you would want to give @VegasFrank an ear full after that critique. Or is it just me you don't care for?

Don't take any of our disagreements personally, Pete. I don't. We may not always see eye-to-eye and there may be certain traits we don't like about eachother, but I wouldn't say I dislike you as a whole.

I see good things in you on a consistent basis. You are willing to share your knowledge, and like Frank, you are patient with newbs, like when I asked on the vHerf what the difference was with a box-pressed cigar.

Frank did some digging and found some info on Lawrence and his channel that shed some light on things for me. I had previously been taking Lawrence only at what I had seen in this thread and was ignorant of any dealings with him in the past.

I am now uncertain in where I land in all of this and I may never fully form a position on it. Time will tell.

Hey Lawrence, how is your channel doing?

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap this is funny. Not click the LOL button funny but actually laughing out loud funny. Great thread we have here.